Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

aSK Anything Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here traveled to L'Anse aux Meadows? Any info on getting there? It's on my bucket list of places to visit.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I have been to Coeur D'Alene....the prettiest place I've ever seen. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure this was worth its own topic. (If you feel it is, feel free to move it to is own thread)
-----
Portion of Goodell speech:

We continue to look for other ways to take the head out of the game. Two years ago we moved the kickoff line five yards forward to the 35. That reform yielded real benefits – a 40 percent reduction in concussions last year on kickoffs. College football then adopted our rule. Some think that the kickoff – the play with the highest injury rate – should be eliminated from the game or modified even further.

Here’s an idea I’ve heard from an NFL head coach: put a weight limit on players for kickoffs. Smaller players against smaller players would mean less severe collisions.

We will monitor the data on kickoffs, and all plays, with an open mind toward change.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/16/full-text-of-roger-goodells-presentation-at-the-harvard-school-of-public-health/
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIII basketball player, Jack Taylor, scores 138 points in a game

ESPN Story

Grinnell has always had a high scoring offense, but this is ridiculous. Taylor had 108 FG attempts (made 52) and took 71 3PTs (and made 27). I guess he struggled in thier last few games and they wanted to get him going for conference play.

I live about an hour from Grinnell and have seen numbers like this before, but not from one player. They will full court press the entire game and will give opponents a lay-up if you break the press. On offense they shoot the first good look they get, usually after 5 seconds or so. They will also sub in 3 or 4 new players every few minutes.

They actually had a game televised on ESPN a few years ago. They couldn't buy a basket and lost, only scoring in the 50s (I think).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:

ESPN Story

Grinnell has always had a high scoring offense, but this is ridiculous. Taylor had 108 FG attempts (made 52) and took 71 3PTs (and made 27). I guess he struggled in thier last few games and they wanted to get him going for conference play.

Shii, that's a bit of an understatement. Dude jacked up 71 3PT'ers? That's more than most players combined FG attempts in multiple weeks of play.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved this discussion from another thread:

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
plus Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Revis...

not Brady Quinn so much though.

Very Happy

Woof.

I still maintain that had he gone to the right situation, he'd have stood a much better chance.

Cleveland was his good chance. Face it PP, Quinn isn't good, no matter where he would have went. Wink

I think our analysis of him during that draft was a pretty comprehensive discussion. I felt then that he would be a bust, because of his performances in the clutch while at Notre Dame were bad. Not just normal bad, but atrociously bad. If he were at Notre Dame today, I don't think he'd be starting over Golson, but our Vikings' Golden Domer faithful would know better than I, because I don't watch Notre Dame football.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Moved this discussion from another thread:

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
plus Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Revis...

not Brady Quinn so much though.

Very Happy

Woof.

I still maintain that had he gone to the right situation, he'd have stood a much better chance.

Cleveland was his good chance. Face it PP, Quinn isn't good, no matter where he would have went. Wink

I think our analysis of him during that draft was a pretty comprehensive discussion. I felt then that he would be a bust, because of his performances in the clutch while at Notre Dame were bad. Not just normal bad, but atrociously bad. If he were at Notre Dame today, I don't think he'd be starting over Golson, but our Vikings' Golden Domer faithful would know better than I, because I don't watch Notre Dame football.

Wah, I don't wanna!

Fair enough, because the bowl record, especially, was rather damning. My analysis of him at the time was that he displayed a really legitimate, working knowledge of a pretty strict pro-style offense under Charlie Weis, who isn't a bad quarterback coach by any means. Lacked a very good arm but had the necessary velocity to make every NFL throw, which is still the case. Mechanics and poise were two things he was greatly exposed for at the pro level. He wasn't overly pressure or rushed at Notre Dame, thus reducing how much film there was on that specific aspect. I went all-in on Brady Quinn and I don't shy away from that. As an evaluator, you live and learn...and that experience was good example of how little faith you can put into a high-end first round passer when there are boxes you simply can't check off while grading. Lets face it, he was never placed in an ideal situation Mangini's Browns? Tebow's Broncos? The Chiefs?! Also, he was one of college football's elite; absolutely he'd be playing at Notre Dame right now. He set 36 different records during his time in South Bend.

I will say, in 2007 I was a definite proponent of Patrick Willis as well. He was my top rated defensive player in that year's draft, well above Laron Landry who most were pleading for - in some cases, even over Adrian. The linebacker position was just beginning to be devalued and I was personally surprised he went 11th overall as it was. He's essentially been the defensive equivalent of Adrian Peterson since entering the league.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Laron Landry proponent that year...that certainly was a mistake on my part. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I was a Laron Landry proponent that year...that certainly was a mistake on my part. Laughing

Happens to the best of us. I thought Percy Harvin was a clear cut bust.

Yeah. Moving on.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:

ESPN Story

Shii, that's a bit of an understatement. Dude jacked up 71 3PT'ers? That's more than most players combined FG attempts in multiple weeks of play.
By the end of the night, Taylor was 52-for-108 (27-for-71 from the 3-point line).... 108 shots? How? #1 Indiana in their win over Georgetown took 49 as a team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:

ESPN Story

By the end of the night, Taylor was 52-for-108 (27-for-71 from the 3-point line).... 108 shots? How? #1 Indiana in their win over Georgetown took 49 as a team.

Crazy. It'd never happen at the D-2 level, let alone D-1. Gave the school some nice press.

--Joe Paterno.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Randy Moss

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving!

- Randy Moss

i remember our local tv sportscaster that night with his review of the game...

"The good news for Cowboy fans is that they held Randy Moss to only three catches on the day. The bad news is that they were each for over 50 yards and a td."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:

ESPN Story

I didn't think it would ever happen, but I think we finally found someone who guns it more than Kobe Bryant. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was anyone else unable to get on here this morning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 14 of 98

Jump to: