Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Waiver Wire moves that make sense....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few guys I wouldn't mind taking a look at:
Jerome Murphy
Antonio Allen
Steve Slaton
Trevard Lindley
Tauren Poole
Reggie Smith
Adam Weber (For our 3rd QB)
Dominique Franks
Dan Koppen
Joselio Hanson

Don't know if I'd sign any of them, but these guys would be on my radar.
Irishmouse25

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Patriots cut Bobby Carpenter. I'd rather have him than whitehead.

Whoa Whoa Whoa lets not get rash...Carpenter did have a couple of decent backup years here but i would much rather go with a younger more talented Whitehead than Carpenter who i think has lost a step or three.

Not to mention my AAL will be a Starter on this team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irishmouse25 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Whoa Whoa Whoa lets not get rash...Carpenter did have a couple of decent backup years here but i would much rather go with a younger more talented Whitehead than Carpenter who i think has lost a step or three.

Job well done.

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irishmouse25 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Carpenter is a solid backup. No one is expecting him to start. But pimple isn't expected to start either, and he's not even a solid backup. He's a very VERY raw rookie with little to no instincts, from what I've seen of him. Just because the Lions used a draft pick on the kid, doesn't mean he belongs on the team. Send him to the practice squad. Teach him how to play football, then bring him up if he can contribute. Same with Jonte Green.
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMarcus Van Dyke just got cut, I would love to add him as a nickle back.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Irishmouse25 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Carpenter is a solid backup. No one is expecting him to start. But pimple isn't expected to start either, and he's not even a solid backup. He's a very VERY raw rookie with little to no instincts, from what I've seen of him. Just because the Lions used a draft pick on the kid, doesn't mean he belongs on the team. Send him to the practice squad. Teach him how to play football, then bring him up if he can contribute. Same with Jonte Green.

If all of that about Whitehead were true, why do you think the Lions decided to keep him and not sign Carpenter?

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Irishmouse25 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

If all of that about Whitehead were true, why do you think the Lions decided to keep him and not sign Carpenter?

Age, money, trying to find that diamond in the rough.... pick one. It's not because he's actually better.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Irishmouse25 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

May be a bit of a poor analogy, but it reminds me of fantasy football for us regular people.

When I trade a pick, I have a reasonably set value I want for it. But once I draft a guy and he is on my roster, the price immediately goes up. There was something about that player I liked that made me feel he was worth more than the pick I drafted him at.

In the Lions' case, they saw something they liked in these players, which is why they drafted them. As raw as they are, they may be weary of losing on that potential they at least thought they saw when they drafted these players.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just that I think there is a bit of attachment to players you drafted that isn't necessarily reasonable always.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Age, money, trying to find that diamond in the rough.... pick one. It's not because he's actually better.

Apparently, Whitehead is a ST standout, who started at LB and was a ST demon during his time at Temple. Is it possible that they felt he could be an upgrade in that area?

Team Stylish
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Drayton Florence is my #1, even over a RB. Our Thirdary sucks and we need CB help. I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Bentley.

By the end of the season, you will love Bentley, you will hate Florence.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Drayton Florence is my #1, even over a RB. Our Thirdary sucks and we need CB help. I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Bentley.

By the end of the season, you will love Bentley, you will hate Florence.

Probably so. I like Bill.

But we really needed that vet presence, somebody proven. Going into a season depending on a 3rd rook is never a good idea if you can help it. What if the kid doesn't acclimate to the NFL at all? That is something worth at least trying to plan for.
andjordand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Ricardo Silva has cleared waivers? I believe this is the last year he can still be signed to the PS. Would love to see him in a lions uniform as a ST/emergency starter role in case Delmas or Spievey can't get over injuries and Wendling/Coleman become our starting safeties.

Otherwise, if either Wendling/Coleman were out due to injury with Delmas or Spievey lost, my recommendation would be to dare opposing QB's to pass against a blitzing (remaining) safety and both outside LBs on passing downs while using Houston, Bentley, Lacey/Florence/Barnes NCB (instead of FS) and Tulloch in coverage as apposed to putting a Chris Harris-type roster pick-up in the defensive backfield. #EmptyNet
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to look at picking up Tauren Poole in place of Keiland Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: