Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: Patriots (0-0) @ Titans (0-0) 9/10 1pm EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
After the loss, I feel like we should only talk about Jake's touchdown pass for the next few days.

Literally the best pass I have seen from him in his young career. To be able to drop that into Nate's lap, allowing him to keep speed, while having a defender draped on him is a throw that very, very few quarterbacks in football can make.

Every time I watch that throw it looks more and more impressive.

The 4th down throw was a beauty too. His run was good, but was called back. Still upset we were cheated out of a TD on that first drive. Never seen such a blatant non-call. Then they do it again to Cook in the endzone.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
After the loss, I feel like we should only talk about Jake's touchdown pass for the next few days.

Literally the best pass I have seen from him in his young career. To be able to drop that into Nate's lap, allowing him to keep speed, while having a defender draped on him is a throw that very, very few quarterbacks in football can make.

Every time I watch that throw it looks more and more impressive.

The 4th down throw was a beauty too. His run was good, but was called back. Still upset we were cheated out of a TD on that first drive. Never seen such a blatant non-call. Then they do it again to Cook in the endzone.

The Cook one wasn't a big issue, it was cleaner than the 1st. That was horrible...

But that 4 down pass to Nate is really promising to me. Because he audibled to that play and he had the guts to throw it.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I took a lot from Jake's performance today. He wasn't perfect by any means, but he really didn't make too many poor decisions. I will defend the decision to throw it up to Nate all day, as he's your #1 receiver in this game and he was in single coverage deep. You have to have faith that either he's going to come down with it or no one will.

That 4th down throw where he just dropped it in perfectly was real nice. He showed a lot more touch than he did at any point in the preseason. Without Kenny Britt, with the defense knowing what was coming and without anything resembling a running game, to be smart with the football and make some plays was what I needed to see.

It wasn't good enough to beat the Patriots, but if he keeps playing this way and improving, we're going to win a lot of games down the road.

With Locker, Britt, Wright, Cook and Nate (although he didn't have a great game), our passing game has a real bright future. We're obviously not the Pats yet, but the talent is there and we should get better as the season goes on.

All things considered, I'm a helluva lot more optimistic after this loss than I was after the Jags loss last year.

And yes, that non-call on the PI in the endzone was almost laughable. If you were showing tape to wanna-be referees about what the definition of pass interference is, that play has it all.
bfreod2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after watching the game, i am actually feeling really good about where our team is heading in the future.

jake locker looks to be coming along very nicely. the two picks were the only real bad throws i can remember. besides that, his ability to keep a play alive and find a receiver on the move reminds me of roethlisberger. and what about his 72% completion percentage.

and Kendall Wright looked very good to. he is exactly what we needed on our offense, someone that can get the yards after the catch. for someone of his stature he really runs aggressively. i cant wait to see him play in the slot when britt gets back, i think he could thrive there.

our defense didnt play perfect today but there is definitely a lot of young talent there. i know he wouldnt have made much of an impact to change the outcome of this game, but i have really like what i have seen from Marks at the DT spot this preseason. didnt make a lot of plays but pushed the pocket in a lot from what i saw making it easier for the DEs to come in. I think what we are really missing is one more player on defense (McCarthy being the other player) that can give our defense an identity. I can just imagine getting a safety that can come in and enforce the run and scare teams from passing across the middle. we dont need a probowler at every position to win in this league. i think if we can just get another great player at either safety or DE this defense could be very special

im going to choose to just try and look at the positives of this game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Yeah...I took a lot from Jake's performance today. He wasn't perfect by any means, but he really didn't make too many poor decisions. I will defend the decision to throw it up to Nate all day, as he's your #1 receiver in this game and he was in single coverage deep. You have to have faith that either he's going to come down with it or no one will.

That 4th down throw where he just dropped it in perfectly was real nice. He showed a lot more touch than he did at any point in the preseason. Without Kenny Britt, with the defense knowing what was coming and without anything resembling a running game, to be smart with the football and make some plays was what I needed to see.

It wasn't good enough to beat the Patriots, but if he keeps playing this way and improving, we're going to win a lot of games down the road.

With Locker, Britt, Wright, Cook and Nate (although he didn't have a great game), our passing game has a real bright future. We're obviously not the Pats yet, but the talent is there and we should get better as the season goes on.

All things considered, I'm a helluva lot more optimistic after this loss than I was after the Jags loss last year.

And yes, that non-call on the PI in the endzone was almost laughable. If you were showing tape to wanna-be referees about what the definition of pass interference is, that play has it all.

Add the fact he did all of that without any sort of run game and I'm very happy with how Locker performed. Hopefully, the running game gets going to take some pressure off of Locker.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not particularly concerned with Locker. First start, being asked to throw a lot and outduel Tom Brady? Not exactly an easy assignment.

Very concerned about Chris Johnson. It doesn't sound like the offensive line is doing him any fans, but that stat line is atrocious. It really sounds like he is dropping off, which is straight up alarming. He needs to be a threat for this offense t work nd to take pressure off Locker. It just doesn't seem like he can be that anymore, for whatever reason. They need to do something about it. Find him a new coach? Bench him? Something to get him going and ready to take his running more seriously.

Offensive line: again, a huge concern. Center and fit guard are must-address positions either next year or even this season. Munchak's experiments just aren't cutting it and something must be done to make this offensive line less of a worry for a team already nsure about its featured back.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensively I'm not too worried about it. Look, again, it's the Patriots. Nobody is going to look great defending these guys especially since McGenius is back in the press box calling plays with Brady.

Michael Griffin is probably the one aspect of the defense I am worried about. The guy just got handed a huge extension for big money and long years. The Titans need him to play better even with the fact that he is facing a top flight offense. For that money, you're xpecting him to be the anchor f the defense, not the weak link. Hopefully he can turn it around, or the Titans will be on the hook for either lost money or poor play.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:
Locker's decision making.
Wimbley's pass rush.
Kendall Wright is legit.
Fish & the rams lost along with the Jags & Colts. Twisted Evil Laughing
Palmer having Reynaud & CJ in game at the same time.
Great catches from Cook & Stevens yesterday.

Pass rush was decent yesterday. Brady just knows how to move around just enough in the pocket. That TD pass to Hernandez was a perfect example.

Bad:
Officiating Rolling Eyes

Jake's accuracy on some of his passes was bad(really bad). 1 example: the near interception to McCourty.

Interior OL run blocking. Harris got tossed like a rag doll by Wilfork.

CJ? I am tired of trying to rationalized what is going on with him. 11 rushes for 4 yards? I could get 4 yards and I would only ask for the veteran's minimum for my contract.

Michael Griffin & Leroy Harris suck. They call you a safety for a reason. You ae the last line of defense. Why you biting on play action? I hope they sign Duece or someone off the street to push Harris out of the lineup.

Tommie Campbell's & Hutch's penalties came at the worse possible times.

Run defense was terrible and no blitzes by Gray against Brady is crazy. Your team has to see you are willing to go down fighting and not let Brady just pick you apart with that soft defense he was playing.

Roos whiff on Chandler Jones.

Gates has torched the Titans in the past. After yesterday with (2) TDs to patriot TEs. I hope they put Zach Brown or someone on him all day.

The snapper Beau Brinkley looked suspect yesterday.
-----------
San Diego is a must win this week. They cannot fall behind too far in the AFC wildcard race. To be 0-2 in the AFC after 2 weeks will be a hard hole to climb out of a month into the season.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick thing about the blitzing...

When we blitzed early, we got burned....early. One was the pass to Gronk off playaction and another was the TD to Hernandez ( I think).

We did successfully blitz a couple times, but I think Gray lost faith in Griff to do the right thing so we played safe coverage from there on out.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will be just fine.
11-5

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Colin McCarthy (@COLINMcCARTHY52)
1/2 the league is 0-1.... We will be fine

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Damian Stafford
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:

Cool

That getting tackled throw for a TD reminded me so much of HS when our QB did the same thing (Getting drilled from the left yet still flinging it downfield for the TD).

It's plays like this that I know Locker is better than Hass.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:

Cool

when he released the ball I was like.... noooo wtf
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we just drop the run game to only.surprise attempts. Air raid.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: