Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Right 53(4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Hemingway got released and some OL went on the PS today. Why the hell are Bellamy and Newsome over Hemingway. That ticks me off.

Call me confused - but where did you get this from??

At RACs presser today.

Weird .. just checked twitter - Looney says they signed Ranglin to the PS... so they cut a guy from the PS they signed two days ago.. to sign a guy they cut two days ago? I thought the PS was out of balance with THREE WR on it ... but that's a roster management mistake corrected. Not sure what makes Ranglin a PS guy though.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Hemingway got released and some OL went on the PS today. Why the hell are Bellamy and Newsome over Hemingway. That ticks me off.

Really? What has Hemmingway shown you that makes you ticked off by this? Sure the injury isn't his fault, but the 2 guys that are on the practice squad are the kinds of guys we need on this roster. They stepped up when an injury happened and produced. I actually really like Bellamy and Newsome and thought they both played well enough to earn that spot throughout the preseason.

Also, you never know about how he was within the locker room / with coaches etc. That is all a big ? in my opinion as well.

Like him better as a prospect. Newsome did okay in some games but Bellamy did nothing and dropped at least 1 simple pass. Love Hemingway's size and his ability to high-point

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Really? What has Hemmingway shown you that makes you ticked off by this? Sure the injury isn't his fault, but the 2 guys that are on the practice squad are the kinds of guys we need on this roster. They stepped up when an injury happened and produced. I actually really like Bellamy and Newsome and thought they both played well enough to earn that spot throughout the preseason.

Also, you never know about how he was within the locker room / with coaches etc. That is all a big ? in my opinion as well.

Not only did we spend a draft pick on Hemingway, the other two guys dropped atleast one good ball in preseason and one of them stopped running hard in the end zone which caused an INT. Hemingway has the most upside and was also limited in what he could show us due to injury.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - this amazes me, and not necessarily in a good way. We sign a 27 year old OG to the practice squad and bounce a rookie WR with atleast IMO a decent amount of upside? The final cut-down and PS moves have been befuddling to me.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's the life of being a Chiefs fan...one strange decision after another starting with Bono in 95 after Joe retired....and zero playoff wins. I know the recent cut of Hemingway doesn't apply, but it's like we all saw what a great QB could do and then proceeded to do the exact opposite...try to get by on the bare minimum at QB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to post the actual depth chart released today - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/4/3292502/kansas-city-chiefs-depth-chart#storyjump

Nothing shocking, but interesting bits of note that AHP does mostly point out in the link:

- We have two #1 RB's. Instead of listing a seperate FB, they list another RB, Hillis along with JC with the first team. I've never seen us, or any team for that matter, list two starting RB's. Is this strictly an "on paper" thing (probably) or are we going to use a lot of two RB sets with both JC and Hillis in the backfield. We only did that a few times in the pre-season from what I recall, mostly in the AZ game, which coincidentally was our best offensive performance.

- Bowe is #1 WR, expected sure, but nice to see on paper. However, Breaston as the other #1 is a tad surprising. I totally agree with the move, but it's somewhat interesting Baldwin didn't pass him. I'm sure we will see all sorts of variations in our WR pairings, but still somewhat interesting.

- Dorsey is the only RDE listed. Tyson has Pitoitua and Bailey backing him up, but none for Dorsey. Do we not have a natural fit to replace Dorsey should he miss time? I think Bailey is possibly the best fit, but he's listed 3rd at LDE. Poe listed as #2 NT btw.

I'm sure most of this is irrelevant, but interesting things like this on the depth chart always kind of intrigue me.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Hali returns this week - meaning someone needs to be cut. Who will it be?
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

Pioli HAS to come to his senses and cut Eachus for Hali's roster spot.

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

gotta be one of Eachus, JOC, Hartman, or Sheffield. I hope it's JOC. I can't believe JOC was active and Maneri wasn't on Sunday. WTF?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

gotta be one of Eachus, JOC, Hartman, or Sheffield. I hope it's JOC. I can't believe JOC was active and Maneri wasn't on Sunday. WTF?

That doesn't make me real confident in Maneri now that I think about JOC being active and Maneri not. I really hope he isn't another "niche" player that Pioli keeps around. I thought he would end up being more and hopefully he will end up being more than just a lumbering jumbo package tight end.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pioli SHOULD cut a defensive player. Im not saying that because I think it is the right move, (I would like to see Eachus or J'OC cut) but I think it is a good time to send a message to his defense to step up or you will be replaced. Enter Tamba and take out a guy like Hartman or whomever. Send the message early Pioli!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I think Pioli SHOULD cut a defensive player. Im not saying that because I think it is the right move, (I would like to see Eachus or J'OC cut) but I think it is a good time to send a message to his defense to step up or you will be replaced. Enter Tamba and take out a guy like Hartman or whomever. Send the message early Pioli!!

I just don't know that Pioli and the coaching staff have that luxury of sending a "message" cut on defense. Unfortunately at this point in time, Pioli & company have to sleep in the bed they have made. We are pretty thin overall on the defensive side of the ball and I don't see us being able to cut anyone - especially not in our secondary. Flowers has the lingering foot issue and who knows when Lewis will be back and for how long.

Right now we have a wacky assortment of depth/poor depth on our 53, not to mention a very curious practice squad.

As a side note, I find it amazing that we don't have anyone behind Rodney Hudson (besides Lilja I guess) who is in his first year starting at center.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I just don't know that Pioli and the coaching staff have that luxury of sending a "message" cut on defense. Unfortunately at this point in time, Pioli & company have to sleep in the bed they have made. We are pretty thin overall on the defensive side of the ball and I don't see us being able to cut anyone - especially not in our secondary. Flowers has the lingering foot issue and who knows when Lewis will be back and for how long.

Right now we have a wacky assortment of depth/poor depth on our 53, not to mention a very curious practice squad.

As a side note, I find it amazing that we don't have anyone behind Rodney Hudson (besides Lilja I guess) who is in his first year starting at center.

I know, it would make more sense to cut an offensive guy but whatever. Right now I think we need to stay calm as a fan base (even I am guilty of going overboard) and let us wait and see what happens in Buffalo. It looks like Buffalo will be short handed missing guys like Nelson and Jackson so we should be able to step it up on the defensive side of the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing Jackson yes, but it's not like Spiller is terrible, he had what almost 200 yards and a TD filling in?

I don't want to be negative, but I feel like some people are just assuming we're going to turn it right around and start dominating even good teams like New Orleans and Baltimore. I hope it's true, but I'm not about to assume our schedule is a cake walk.

Buffalo we should win, but they could easily come out and be very good and push us too. Remember we didn't do so well against them last season, and possibly still missing Brightside and most likely Lewis...
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

Eachus is healthy, can Gray say that? I'd think given the depth at the position, they might IR Gray to make room, which keeps them from losing a player at a position he will not be needed at this year. I love the guy, and I would IR him.

Can we not cut Reeves? I mean seriously, I'd rather re-sign Maurice Leggett or someone like that.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: