Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins looking to trade QB Matt Moore
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Dolphins looking to trade QB Matt Moore Reply with quote

Quote:
Main reason #Dolphins are keeping David Garrard on the roster? they are talking with a number of teams about a trade involving QB Matt Moore

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/241636061724434433

Quote:
#Dolphins QB David Garrard is due to $2.25 million salary and QB Matt Moore is due to a $2.75 salary in 2012.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/241639069841489920

***Update***
Quote:
Just got a text from David Garrard that he is being released from Fins today

http://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/243060511011377154

Quote:
#Dolphins couldn't find a good enough trade option for QB Matt Moore and decided he's more valuable to keep as a back-up QB over Garrard.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/243065260326649856
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. I hope we can get picks for any player that isn't in the long term plans.

So did Hard Knocks creatively edit out "other than David Garrard" when they told him he was the best back up QB in the league?

^ Jamison on the sig.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like matt moore as a person and what he represents and think he is good guy to have on the team but he has been terrible this camp and is not a west coast QB IF WE CAN CONTINUE TO GET PICKS LETS DO IT
Deadeye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to know what someone might give us for Moore. I think it could be as high as a fourth considering his performance last season and his relatively young age. Arizona should be in the mix for Moore's services as well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Quote:
The Dolphins have reportedly received multiple phone calls from teams looking to trade for QB Matt Moore.
With David Garrard (knee) nearing a return, GM Jeff Ireland would probably love to get a draft pick for Moore. Keep an eye on Denver and Kansas City, as the Broncos and Chiefs have a desperate need for a veteran backups. Broncos OC Mike McCoy worked with Moore in Carolina while Chiefs OC Brian Daboll called his plays last season.

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Dolphins QB David Garrard is due to $2.25 million salary and QB Matt Moore is due to a $2.75 salary in 2012.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/241639069841489920
Tom Brady Tribute
Manic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i called this weeks ago and had zona pegged as a partner, cus he could vastly improve that team and atleast make them competitive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if we keep trading away players then we may not have to make any more cuts!

Arizona makes the most sense by far. I called a few days ago that we would trade him for one of their receivers. I wonder if they would give us Andre Roberts or Early Doucet? I wouldn't mind Kelemete at OG either...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Hey, if we keep trading away players then we may not have to make any more cuts!

Arizona makes the most sense by far. I called a few days ago that we would trade him for one of their receivers. I wonder if they would give us Andre Roberts or Early Doucet? I wouldn't mind Kelemete at OG either...

I'll take the guard .... pray for us paster.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the reasons #Dolphins are keeping QB Pat Devlin right now is because David Garrard isn't quite ready for game action... Plan is for Devlin to back-up starter Ryan Tannehill for a couple of weeks until Garrard is fully recovered... #Dolphins are looking at trade options for QB Matt Moore but might keep him if they don't receive a right offer.

https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/241647264169345025
Tom Brady Tribute
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would let Moore go for a 5th right now. Or a WR who culd catch the ball.

We all pretty much knew either Moore or Garrard was going to be gone by Week-1 or 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hold onto Moore for at least a few weeks.

If you have been looking at injuries to offensive lineman this preseason its going to be rough for quite a few teams starting quarterbacks this year.

Give it some time and we may be able to get a late third or early fourth round pick.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Matt Moore to be traded.

Without wishing to rehash old, festering ground the idea of acquiring extra draft picks for this GM leaves me cold.

That aside, Matt Moore seems to me the ideal backup QB and a keeper. A totally team first, high character guy (we want them no?), who you know can come in and win games. Why would a team that has been waiting for a QB for......forever....toss away a good one for a mid to low round pick.

One thing I took from Hard Knocks & Pre-season was that the Rookie RT is no sure thing to keep the Rookie QB upright & healthy.

Why would we go from being happy to have Tannehill, Garrard & Moore as our best QB stable in years to being a blown out Tannehill knee away from depending on David Garrard, so that we can have a shot at drafting a Josh Kaddu.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/miami-dolphins/2012/09/01/nfl-rumors-green-bay-packers-arizona-cardinals-among-teams-interested-in-matt-moore/

Interesting to see GB on the short list of teams. You would think Moore and a 5th round pick would be enough to get Jones?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense to me
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/miami-dolphins/2012/09/01/nfl-rumors-green-bay-packers-arizona-cardinals-among-teams-interested-in-matt-moore/

Interesting to see GB on the short list of teams. You would think Moore and a 5th round pick would be enough to get Jones?

Moore alone should be enough to get Jones. They need a good back-up QB(The best), not a 5th string WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: