Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING NEWS: JOHN SKELTON WINS QB JOB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Highest paid backup ever?

Matt Leinart- 6 years, 50 million
Kevin Kolb- 6 years, 63 million

yeah, I guess you could say we have a habbit of overpaying our back up QBs.

People will laugh at us for that and I guess they have a point but I LOVE IT. Clear proof that Whiz will play the best player regardless of salary, draft status, draft compensation etc. The best player plays. Huge props to Whiz for that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

People will laugh at us for that and I guess they have a point but I LOVE IT. Clear proof that Whiz will play the best player regardless of salary, draft status, draft compensation etc. The best player plays. Huge props to Whiz for that.

I love this, too! It always gets under my skin whenever I hear people saying, "but we're paying him X number of dollars, so...". Same thing when veterans expect not to have to compete for a starting job (Ahem...Favre). They expect to be surrounded with the best talent, but won't compete so as to ensure their teammates are playing with the best!?! Whatever. Rolling Eyes Whiz is doing what he can to put the best product on the field, giving us a better chance to compete late in the year. As a fan, I don't think I can ask for much more than that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

QFT... We're willing to pay for a potential franchise QB but the coach is able to judge without bias.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

oh definatly, I couldn't be more thrilled that our staff is willing to ignore salaries and play the best man. If only graves and company could avoid bringing in these expensive back up's in the first place we would be all set.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree although our starter now is making just above the league minimum, so it does sort of even out.

Loss of that 2nd round pick is my biggest issue. Certainly could have used that, ESPECIALLY with how well we've has done with those picks lately. Calais, D-Wash, Ryan Williams. Those are 3 pretty damn good picks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I fully agree although our starter now is making just above the league minimum, so it does sort of even out.

Loss of that 2nd round pick is my biggest issue. Certainly could have used that, ESPECIALLY with how well we've has done with those picks lately. Calais, D-Wash, Ryan Williams. Those are 3 pretty damn good picks.

yeah the picks are killer, that is how you build a team. So the Kolb trade defiantly sets us back a little. But on the bright side...it could have been a lot worse.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money's actually not that big of a deal the more I think about it. We're paying right what everyone else pays for a starter and a backup, we're just doing it backwards.

It sets us back a bit because of the pick ya but a 2nd round pick shouldn't be a franchise killer. If it is, it's more of a sign as to how bad your team is than anything else.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49'ers are having a good laugh. They actually went public with how inept he is at reading defenses. Oh well it can still work out but the defense and running game need to be leaned on.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on John, long live the Quarterback!

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
49'ers are having a good laugh. They actually went public with how inept he is at reading defenses. Oh well it can still work out but the defense and running game need to be leaned on.

well they weren't laughing to hard when Skelton beat them in our second meeting against them.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

well they weren't laughing to hard when Skelton beat them in our second meeting against them.

Let's not get too crazy, Skelton turned the ball over 3 times in that 2nd game. Our defense got it done.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Let's not get too crazy, Skelton turned the ball over 3 times in that 2nd game. Our defense got it done.

no I know, but what we saw was that we could beat the 49ers, even when they were at their best, with John Skelton under center.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

no I know, but what we saw was that we could beat the 49ers, even when they were at their best, with John Skelton under center.

But they weren't at their best. Clearly their worst game of the season, actually. No other game did they rack up that many turnovers and lose.

That's actually true of most every team in the league to be honest. Not many teams got 3 turnovers and lost the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

But they weren't at their best. Clearly their worst game of the season, actually. No other game did they rack up that many turnovers and lose.

That's actually true of most every team in the league to be honest. Not many teams got 3 turnovers and lost the game.

but that was also a 13-3 team, and we beat them fair and square. sure, they had an off day, but who cares. like #1cardsfan was saying, the niners basically view Skelton as a joke, but we were still able to pull out a victory against them despite Skelton's inability to read a defense.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
shawn wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

but that was also a 13-3 team, and we beat them fair and square. sure, they had an off day, but who cares. like #1cardsfan was saying, the niners basically view Skelton as a joke, but we were still able to pull out a victory against them despite Skelton's inability to read a defense.

Which says more about our team that it does John Skelton, which was #1Cardsfan's point. Matter of fact, he said it point blank, we can still make this work with our defense and a running game. Add special teams in their and you have that week 14 game.

As far as who cares if it was an off day....I do. To beat the 49ers at their best, as you claim we did, they have to actually BE at their best. We got extremely, extremely lucky to overcome our quarterbacks 3 turnovers because the defense held up and the 49ers played their worst (Or second worst, if you watched the NFC Championship game) game of the year. That means, the only we can theoretically beat San Francisco with John Skelton this season is if they play their 1-2 worst game of the year. That's why I care.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: