Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Willis McGahee Out 6-8 Weeks with Torn MCL
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21544
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Willis McGahee Out 6-8 Weeks with Torn MCL Reply with quote

Per Adam Schefter and Mort

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Awesome. That's a huge loss for us. Hillman needs to earn his keep now.

Edit: Torn MCL, not ACL, and per Jay Glazer he also has a leg fracture.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce


Last edited by broncos67 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18464
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 6-8 weeks with an ACL?

I guess this means we will see Knowshon active in the weeks ahead.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broncs4life


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1413
Location: Montreal
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Hope he'll be okay for the playoffs!!
_________________

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21544
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Only 6-8 weeks with an ACL?

I guess this means we will see Knowshon active in the weeks ahead.


I'm guessing it's partially torn and therefore not as bad?
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really, really sucks... Now Knowshon Moreno will get actual playing time. Might be one of his last chances to breathe some life into his NFL career. Better take advantage of the opportunity and not be a complete bum.

Is Jeremiah Johnson still on the practice squad? Really liked him in the limited action he got last season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21544
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
This really, really sucks... Now Knowshon Moreno will get actual playing time. Might be one of his last chances to breathe some life into his NFL career. Better take advantage of the opportunity and not be a complete bum.

Is Jeremiah Johnson still on the practice squad? Really liked him in the limited action he got last season.


Still don't think Moreno sees much time. Hillman should start going forward. Would really like to see JJ get a shot though.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roar2014


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 730
Location: Broncos Country
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. What a bummer!
Sad

No sources yet, but I heard that we are working out Steve Slaton on Tuesday and that their is a possibility that Jeremiah might be activated.

Do you guys think we end McGahee's season or keep him on the roster in hopes that he is available for the playoffs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1374
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...Hillman is going to have to learn to break a tackle or two.

May be early to think about this, but does this make RB the number one offseason need? I'm hoping DJ will become a serviceable-to-above average option at MLB.

I think the offense will get by under the direction of Peyton. Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman will split the time with Ronnie getting the benefit of the doubt. Ball does have the upper hand on pass-pro (see Eric Decker's TD yesterday).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21544
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Damn...Hillman is going to have to learn to break a tackle or two.

May be early to think about this, but does this make RB the number one offseason need? I'm hoping DJ will become a serviceable-to-above average option at MLB.

I think the offense will get by under the direction of Peyton. Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman will split the time with Ronnie getting the benefit of the doubt. Ball does have the upper hand on pass-pro (see Eric Decker's TD yesterday).


Yeah, I think it's going to be a concern going forward.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15065
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see us try for a FA back than activate Moreno
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5083
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a long shot, but maybe he can be back in time for the playoffs.

Figure Ball to get a lot more work along with Hillman. can't imagine them wanting to load up Hillman too much though. He's establishing his value as a change of pace back.

Hillman's pretty small to be an every down banger. Last thing we need is for him to go down too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roar2014


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 730
Location: Broncos Country
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
I'd rather see us try for a FA back than activate Moreno


What do you think of Steve Slaton?

Heard he is coming in for a look tomorrow. And he was pretty productive in Houston before Arian took over. (Although the zone blocking scheme might be the reasoning for most of that production.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15065
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
I'd rather see us try for a FA back than activate Moreno


What do you think of Steve Slaton?

Heard he is coming in for a look tomorrow. And he was pretty productive in Houston before Arian took over. (Although the zone blocking scheme might be the reasoning for most of that production.)
He was good before injures derailed his career but he's not much of a back up the middle.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15065
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Omon wouldn't be an awful signing, he's at least somewhat familiar with the system and he ran hard in preseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PredomntlyOrnge


Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Posts: 252
Location: Loveland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the Broncos go with a 3 headed approach with Ball, Hillman, and Moreno - and go with whomever has the hot hand in each game. This is a bummer, and I really hope it doesnt hurt us to bad. We need guys to come in and get some tough yards, catch passes out of the back field, not fumble, and then Manning can take us the rest of the way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group