Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Pick Ups From 53 Man Roster Cut downs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Potential Pick Ups From 53 Man Roster Cut downs Reply with quote

I figured we should keep a general thread for discussions about who we may or may not target in the pool of players who get cut as part of the 53 man roster cutdowns.

The first name to pop out at me is Joselio Hanson. This guy has been a very solid Nickel corner with Philly, and Sean McDermott worked with him as the Defensive Coordinator there.

Is there any room for him on our Roster? Without Hogan in the fold, we've got an interesting situation with our 2-3-4 CBs, and at the very least i'd say Hanson is better than all but 2 of our CBs (Gamble and Maybe Munnerlyn).

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Potential Pick Ups From 53 Man Roster Cut downs Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I figured we should keep a general thread for discussions about who we may or may not target in the pool of players who get cut as part of the 53 man roster cutdowns.

The first name to pop out at me is Joselio Hanson. This guy has been a very solid Nickel corner with Philly, and Sean McDermott worked with him as the Defensive Coordinator there.

Is there any room for him on our Roster? Without Hogan in the fold, we've got an interesting situation with our 2-3-4 CBs, and at the very least i'd say Hanson is better than all but 2 of our CBs (Gamble and Maybe Munnerlyn).

Thoughts?

Good name to throw out there, I'd say he would be a decent pick up but I think he'd essentially be a fourth corner behind Munnerlyn and Norman.

I've heard the Eagles are really deep at DL too and could be cutting some decent players.
Grange90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the Giants released Marcus Thomas. He started 11 games last year in Denver. I think he would be a very good pick up. He's still young.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a chance a Hanson last year but I would be up for it

Thanks CK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deon Branch just cut would be interesting

Thanks CK
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grange90 wrote:
I heard the Giants released Marcus Thomas. He started 11 games last year in Denver. I think he would be a very good pick up. He's still young.

He's had a ton of red flags throughout college and the NFL, so we'll probably steer clear.

EDIT: Plus he's more of a NT type, so unless Edwards got hurt he wouldn't be able to be too much of contributor for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: