Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Cuts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that cuts have been made we need to scour the waiver wire and look for guys to help us AND set our practice squad

The number one guy I would pursue, would be Ryan Harris OT from Denver. He would be a good addition and would make a solid back up or potential starter at RT

As far as the practice squad goes, here is my best guess

Case Keenum
Jonathan Grimes
Eddie Pleasant
DJ Bryant
Logan Brock
Hebron Fangupo
Nathan Menkin
Mitch King
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Harris is abysmal. You don't want him starting or backing up anyone. He looks slow, sloppy and injury-ridden.

Also, any chance Meggett makes your PS?

Thanks, Tzimisce
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Ryan Harris is abysmal. You don't want him starting or backing up anyone. He looks slow, sloppy and injury-ridden.

I doubt Meggett goes to our PS, we have 3 rbs on roster and we have Grimes on the PS
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo yeah... the Dolphins picked up Troy Nolan via waivers.

Should make for an interesting first game if he gets some snaps (I think likely). Also, do you think he shares what he knows about calls / reads against a team that cut him in favor of Keo & Ball?? SMDH
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I remember watching the mtv true life episode on Harris, seemed like a good kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.

"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.

I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:

I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo

Money fellas, Keo would of cost us 1.3 against the cap if we cut him and Nolan was a cut without any circumstances contract

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:

Money fellas, Keo would of cost us 1.3 against the cap if we cut him and Nolan was a cut without any circumstances contract

Not exactly. The only thing that would have been a cap hit was his signing bonus. As a 5th round pick, I don't think Keo got $1.3M in SB money. Maybe as much as $100K - $350K max.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:

Not exactly. The only thing that would have been a cap hit was his signing bonus. As a 5th round pick, I don't think Keo got $1.3M in SB money. Maybe as much as $100K - $350K max.

The signing bonus would have been between 150k and 200k, prorated over 4 years, which basically amounts to pennies in NFL terms. Plus, we've already cut him, so that money was gone a long time ago.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:

The signing bonus would have been between 150k and 200k, prorated over 4 years, which basically amounts to pennies in NFL terms. Plus, we've already cut him, so that money was gone a long time ago.

I heard it somewhere, maybe on 610, but im trying to find what they were talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They kept Keo to play special teams. Its as simple as that if you ask me.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
jargin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans sign Ryan Harris

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-sign-T-Ryan-Harris/d11a5503-ad0b-4504-b8a2-e38f977a2471

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:

Pretty stupid IMO, especially if Manning goes down. Wasn't Nolan inactive for both playoff games last season? Thats probably a reason why they let him go. Maybe they think Nolan has reached his ceiling and Keo can still get better. Pretty dumb explanation I know.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jargin wrote:

Pretty stupid IMO, especially if Manning goes down. Wasn't Nolan inactive for both playoff games last season? Thats probably a reason why they let him go. Maybe they think Nolan has reached his ceiling and Keo can still get better. Pretty dumb explanation I know.
I bet they are hoping they don't have to put any safeties in the game aside from the starters. Demps did a good job in the nickel package where Quin drops down so he is technically a starter in a certain role. Keo I think will just sprint down the field and tackle people, thats all they were looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: