Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Cuts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13945
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that cuts have been made we need to scour the waiver wire and look for guys to help us AND set our practice squad


The number one guy I would pursue, would be Ryan Harris OT from Denver. He would be a good addition and would make a solid back up or potential starter at RT

As far as the practice squad goes, here is my best guess

Case Keenum
Jonathan Grimes
Eddie Pleasant
DJ Bryant
Logan Brock
Hebron Fangupo
Nathan Menkin
Mitch King
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21489
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Harris is abysmal. You don't want him starting or backing up anyone. He looks slow, sloppy and injury-ridden.

Also, any chance Meggett makes your PS?
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13945
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Ryan Harris is abysmal. You don't want him starting or backing up anyone. He looks slow, sloppy and injury-ridden.

Also, any chance Meggett makes your PS?


I doubt Meggett goes to our PS, we have 3 rbs on roster and we have Grimes on the PS
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3572
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo yeah... the Dolphins picked up Troy Nolan via waivers.

Should make for an interesting first game if he gets some snaps (I think likely). Also, do you think he shares what he knows about calls / reads against a team that cut him in favor of Keo & Ball?? SMDH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4485
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Ryan Harris is abysmal. You don't want him starting or backing up anyone. He looks slow, sloppy and injury-ridden.

Also, any chance Meggett makes your PS?


I remember watching the mtv true life episode on Harris, seemed like a good kid
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytrajik


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 13607
Location: Odessa/Houston
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.
_________________


"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
bunnyracin


Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 972
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.


I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4485
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.


I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo


Money fellas, Keo would of cost us 1.3 against the cap if we cut him and Nolan was a cut without any circumstances contract
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3572
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.


I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo


Money fellas, Keo would of cost us 1.3 against the cap if we cut him and Nolan was a cut without any circumstances contract


Not exactly. The only thing that would have been a cap hit was his signing bonus. As a 5th round pick, I don't think Keo got $1.3M in SB money. Maybe as much as $100K - $350K max.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5148
Location: Davidson College
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.


I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo


Money fellas, Keo would of cost us 1.3 against the cap if we cut him and Nolan was a cut without any circumstances contract


Not exactly. The only thing that would have been a cap hit was his signing bonus. As a 5th round pick, I don't think Keo got $1.3M in SB money. Maybe as much as $100K - $350K max.


The signing bonus would have been between 150k and 200k, prorated over 4 years, which basically amounts to pennies in NFL terms. Plus, we've already cut him, so that money was gone a long time ago.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4485
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
I'm still in a funk over cutting Nolan in favor of Keo. Other than age being a factor I can't come up with one plausible reason why the front office would opt to go with Keo.


I can't either but Nolan has been unconsistent over the past few years and with the rising of Quinten Demps, Nolan barely will play. So he would have to play a lot of ST, which he is below average at. The only thing Keo is good at imo is ST, that being said I would have kept Nolan. But also, its not like this is a positive but Ball could play safety. Which I would rather have him at safety than Keo


Money fellas, Keo would of cost us 1.3 against the cap if we cut him and Nolan was a cut without any circumstances contract


Not exactly. The only thing that would have been a cap hit was his signing bonus. As a 5th round pick, I don't think Keo got $1.3M in SB money. Maybe as much as $100K - $350K max.


The signing bonus would have been between 150k and 200k, prorated over 4 years, which basically amounts to pennies in NFL terms. Plus, we've already cut him, so that money was gone a long time ago.


I heard it somewhere, maybe on 610, but im trying to find what they were talking about.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They kept Keo to play special teams. Its as simple as that if you ask me.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans sign Ryan Harris

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-sign-T-Ryan-Harris/d11a5503-ad0b-4504-b8a2-e38f977a2471
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
They kept Keo to play special teams. Its as simple as that if you ask me.


Pretty stupid IMO, especially if Manning goes down. Wasn't Nolan inactive for both playoff games last season? Thats probably a reason why they let him go. Maybe they think Nolan has reached his ceiling and Keo can still get better. Pretty dumb explanation I know.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jargin wrote:
They kept Keo to play special teams. Its as simple as that if you ask me.


Pretty stupid IMO, especially if Manning goes down. Wasn't Nolan inactive for both playoff games last season? Thats probably a reason why they let him go. Maybe they think Nolan has reached his ceiling and Keo can still get better. Pretty dumb explanation I know.
I bet they are hoping they don't have to put any safeties in the game aside from the starters. Demps did a good job in the nickel package where Quin drops down so he is technically a starter in a certain role. Keo I think will just sprint down the field and tackle people, thats all they were looking for.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group