Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Cuts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go on record that hanging on to this Alan Ball chap is nothing but bad news.

I don't wanna know what kinda freaky stuff Alan Ball has pictures of Wade Phillips doing... but if ANYBODY deserved to get cut based SOLELY on their play during the pre-season, it was THAT GUY.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official list:

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

The #Texans have released TE Logan Brock, DE Keith Browner, OLB D.J. Bryant, NT Hebron Fangupo, DE David Hunter, WR Juaquin Iglesias...

Quote:

...OLB Delano Johnson, QB Case Keenum, DE Mitch King, ILB Shawn Loiseau, WR Jeff Maehl, OLB Rennie Moore, FS Troy Nolan, FB Moran Norris...

Quote:

...SS Eddie Pleasant, TE Phillip Supernaw, C Cody Wallace, C Cody White. WR Jerrell Jackson was waived/injured. Rashad Butler placed on IR

Keo over Nolan? Are you freaking kidding me?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping keo is a joke. Glad to see Holliday remain
jackbauer24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keo over Nolan is just a plain joke! Evil or Very Mad
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they serious? My guess that Keo is the first to go when we claim someone on the waiver wire but still. That's just bs.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Are they serious? My guess that Keo is the first to go when we claim someone on the waiver wire but still. That's just bs.

Now you have to choose a new favorite Texan. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Sources say Texans gave Bears their choice of Troy Nolan or Sherrick McManis via trade and the Bears took McManis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackbauer24 wrote:
Keo over Nolan is just a plain joke! Evil or Very Mad

My thoughts: Keo plays pretty well on ST and maybe with the emergence of Harris at CB we wont have to drop Quin down in Dime and he can stay at safety

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
38 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm floored that Shiloh Keo, Alan Ball, and Jesse Nading are still on this roster.
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I'm floored that Shiloh Keo, Alan Ball, and Jesse Nading are still on this roster.

+MF'n 1

My only pause in my bewilderment is that they are saving those three cuts to add: a swing tackle + a tall vet CB (not named Alan "Suks" Ballz) + some DL depth (esp. a run-stuffing NT).

While looking over other teams' cuts, I saw several potential swing tackles (by order of preference):
Ryan Harris (DEN) - I think the most likely to be signed b/c he should be familiar with our version of ZBS
Lydon Murtha (MIA) - has the tools to be play in ZBS, but IIRC has not
Jeff Adams (DAL) or Tom Compton (WSH) - young tackles with ZBS promise

Also, Philly cut Antonio Dixon who I think could perform really well as a run-stuffing NT in our 3-4
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

The first two i completly agree. But what is your reasoning about Nading? He has played very well and he can play every LB position and is good at ST.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
kenney wrote:

The first two i completly agree. But what is your reasoning about Nading? He has played very well and he can play every LB position and is good at ST.

Nading hasn't really played well at anything. I'd have rather had DJ Bryant, Eddie Pleasant, Nate Menkin, Shawn Louiseau, or Troy Nolan.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
kenney wrote:

Nading hasn't really played well at anything. I'd have rather had DJ Bryant, Eddie Pleasant, Nate Menkin, Shawn Louiseau, or Troy Nolan.

Keeping Jesse Nading is absolutely ridiculous. Yet again, he did nothing but get tossed around in the preseason and this year even managed to suck in Week 4 against Minnesota's waiver wire. Keeping a 5th olb is in no way justified with only 2 NTs and one of the already hurt. Bunny - not sure who you are confusing Nading with, but he has never played ILB a snap in his life and I can't recall a single memorable special teams play in all his years he has been gifted a spot here that he has never earned. DJ Bryant outplayed him by a mile and Menkin is more valuable. Thought we had finally moved on from Kubiaks cronyism that held back this teams development for years (primarily coaching hires, but CSU/buddies kids as well) but Nading's spot remains a credibility killer when you challenge young guys to go out an win a job. Things are going well when the #5 olb is the primary roster complaint. I'm just glad Ball is here too, so I can remind you folks of the dangers of gifting roster spots based upon favoritism, not performance.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post - can someone please tell management that these antiquated pop up ads make this site practically unusable on iPad.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I was wrong about Troy Nolan. I figured it was guaranteed both Nolan and Demps would make the team, but not the case. Personally I still think this was a foolish decision.

Personally I would have cut one of the corners(don't know much about Carmichael but if he's that important to keep around as a development player I would have ditched Alan Ball) and kept Nolan. Or even between Nading and Nolan, I would take Nolan, although personally I would rather keep both.

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Keeping Jesse Nading is absolutely ridiculous. Yet again, he did nothing but get tossed around in the preseason and this year even managed to suck in Week 4 against Minnesota's waiver wire. Keeping a 5th olb is in no way justified with only 2 NTs and one of the already hurt. Bunny - not sure who you are confusing Nading with, but he has never played ILB a snap in his life and I can't recall a single memorable special teams play in all his years he has been gifted a spot here that he has never earned. DJ Bryant outplayed him by a mile and Menkin is more valuable. Thought we had finally moved on from Kubiaks cronyism that held back this teams development for years (primarily coaching hires, but CSU/buddies kids as well) but Nading's spot remains a credibility killer when you challenge young guys to go out an win a job. Things are going well when the #5 olb is the primary roster complaint. I'm just glad Ball is here too, so I can remind you folks of the dangers of gifting roster spots based upon favoritism, not performance.

Actually, while Nading didn't play any ILB previous to this season he was playing it this preseason. He was playing both inside and outside actually. And he's a very good blocker on Special Teams. They kept him because of his versatility I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: