Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What I will be watching for at the Redskins game tonight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: What I will be watching for at the Redskins game tonight Reply with quote

I know that our starters will see little, if any, action tonight. However, there will be a number of other players that I want to see.

I suspect that the Bucs only kept the kicker, Kai Forbath, to use as trade bait. As good as he has looked, it might just work. I suspect that Madu may be in the same boat, as I don't think that we will keep 4 RB's on the team. Detroit is looking for a RB, who knows? Question

I also expect that there will be a rotation of players coming in at RG, as well as other positions on the Oline. There are still battles going on at the TE and WR positions as well.

There are currently 13 players on the Dline, I expect that we will only keep 9, many players there to keep an eye on.

The coach stated that Mason Foster is still nursing a bit of a sore "hammy", so he will not play, I want to see how well the players at the Mike position do, as well as the other LB positions.

There is still a battle at the DB spots, who will make it, and who won't?

I have a list of about 15 players that I think will be cut, that leaves about 7 still on the bubble, who will manage to stay off from that list? Question

I am really hoping that we scortch the Redskins DB's, I want to see Rah trying to hide under a towel. Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Josh Freeman needs to play a few series maybe a qtr or so tonight. He's really struggled and needs the reps. I don't agree with him just not playing tonight.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with R&P here. I need to see Freeman sustain a couple of scoring drives. I don't care if it takes him a quarter or two. I'm tired of seeing drives stalled because of a bad throw, missed assignments, holding etc....At times we look like the Olson offense with the same mistakes we make. The Panthers will come out ready to roll from kick-off and if we can't match their intensity and pace offensively, we're in for a long day at 4:15. I wanna see how Meredith and Hardman perform tonight. I think we start with Hardman for opening day since he has more experience there but with the way Meredith has been playing he could be knocking on the door.

With that said I think its important we keep our D not out there too long. We need McCoy, Clayborn, Bennett, and Miller to have fresh legs. Don't wanna get those guys banged up. Barron and David don't need to play much. Foster, Black, and Watson do however; they still have those same read and react habits. Talib is good for a fluke injury but since his rookie year he usually gets beat real bad first games of the season so I say get him some good PT as well to get him in mid-season form. Wright, Barber, and Barron should get light work.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I really think Josh Freeman needs to play a few series maybe a qtr or so tonight. He's really struggled and needs the reps. I don't agree with him just not playing tonight.

I would actually be a little surprised if Freeman wasnt out there for at least a few series or the 1st quarter. Considering how he has looked, shaky to say the least, I would go as far to say that it is poor coaching to just sit him and say he needs no more reps.

Man Im ready for Sep. 9. Anxious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys watching the game live?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Skins are slapping us right across the face Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching to make sure Coach Schiano doesn't pull a hammy walking off the field after the game. This game is beyond meaningless in the current NFL and nobody of importance will be playing. I'm not even going to bother to watch the replay on the NFL network. Time to get ready for the Panthers. Cool
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was just plain sad, I'm thinking that they need to cut more than 22 players. Talk about a lack of depth.......sheesh. Sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
This game was just plain sad, I'm thinking that they need to cut more than 22 players. Talk about a lack of depth.......sheesh. Sad

Agreed. This was an embarrassment regardless of it being preseason. Shows how much depth we have in certain areas.

Dominiks progress of building this team isn't looking too well. We're paper thin at a lot of positions especially at oline and dline. Secondary ehh. Cs ya Myron Lewis. Cannt even hang with 4th stringers.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Keith Tandy looks like a keeper in the secondary. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year and what they do at FS. Black and Tandy will be in the mix for that job. I'm really interested on how this guy will develop. Does he man the nickel CB job down the road, or is he a better version of Tanard Jackson?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodell did his damndest to make the preseason pretty useless so he can cut it in half. Laughing
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preseason done....season is here...lets go

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Preseason done....season is here...lets go

I can't wait to see what our guys do when it actually matters. That goes for the players AND the coaching staff. What has Schiano been holding back??
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just played a game 5 days prior and the 4th game is notorious as the one where on the cuff players get judged the most. This isn't the regular season.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I do find it interesting that we held Tom Brady in check and beat the Pats and no one really talks about that, but we lose in the 4th preseason game and it's a bad thing like it even matters.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
They just played a game 5 days prior and the 4th game is notorious as the one where on the cuff players get judged the most. This isn't the regular season.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I do find it interesting that we held Tom Brady in check and beat the Pats and no one really talks about that, but we lose in the 4th preseason game and it's a bad thing like it even matters.

It's just concerning that so did Washington and there 3 and 4 s beat the living snot out of ours. It shows lack of depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: