Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins release LB Gary Guyton, others
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 935
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Does anybody else see Gates going to the Pats and becoming the deep threat we thought he could be? I know he's not good at all, but that's how it always seems to work out for us. Rolling Eyes



i wasnt gonna say it.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12774
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
Does anybody else see Gates going to the Pats and becoming the deep threat we thought he could be? I know he's not good at all, but that's how it always seems to work out for us. Rolling Eyes



i wasnt gonna say it.


No, NE is so deep they cut Gaffney and Stallworth. Gates should be no where on their radar at all.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ukdolfan


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 8976
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
joeyL. wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
Does anybody else see Gates going to the Pats and becoming the deep threat we thought he could be? I know he's not good at all, but that's how it always seems to work out for us. Rolling Eyes



i wasnt gonna say it.


No, NE is so deep they cut Gaffney and Stallworth. Gates should be no where on their radar at all.


Really? They also cut Branch.

I wouldn't say they were that deep. They've got Lloyd and Welker but beyond that they are pretty limited at WR.

I imagine the cuts are more that they are both a bit hurt and if they are on the roster week 1 they have enough years to have their salaries guaranteed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them brought back after week 1.
_________________


^ Jamison on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8712
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
Wonder if Clyde Gates can get any refund on the "Believe In Miami" paraphernalia.

Surprised that didn't take off.


Maybe he should have spent that time practicing how to catch instead of making shirts.


Yes.
_________________

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miami2DaMax


Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 787
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zGate was probably our fastest guy. I broke records with him in madden1 3 with Tanne, Lol. sad to see speedy go. He'll get picked up quick IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5984
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
zGate was probably our fastest guy. I broke records with him in madden1 3 with Tanne, Lol. sad to see speedy go. He'll get picked up quick IMO.
And he'll get dropped equally fast when his speed doesn't translate, his routes are imprecise, he drops passes, and fails to learn the offense.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention he was very soft and had no make you miss in him. I hate it when the steelers get guys like antonio brown in the 4th and we get guys like gates uggggg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true hartline practiced today that is great news he by no means is a number 1 but i think we allhave a little hope he could become a very valuable WR in this systejm. Jeff fuller does surprise me some can he not still go to practice squad?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5984
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
If true hartline practiced today that is great news he by no means is a number 1 but i think we allhave a little hope he could become a very valuable WR in this systejm. Jeff fuller does surprise me some can he not still go to practice squad?"

Yes, he can go to the practice squad if he clears waivers first. I cannot imagine anyone claiming a WR that can't even make our team.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ukdolfan


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 8976
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
If true hartline practiced today that is great news he by no means is a number 1 but i think we allhave a little hope he could become a very valuable WR in this systejm. Jeff fuller does surprise me some can he not still go to practice squad?"

Yes, he can go to the practice squad if he clears waivers first. I cannot imagine anyone claiming a WR that can't even make our team.


Interestingly Fuller is apparently at the practice today. Looks likely that he is going to be offered a PS place.

Ben Volin suggesting he hasn't been cut if he is there - I wonder whether he has been told he's going to be waived to go to the PS but hasn't officially been done yet.
_________________


^ Jamison on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7870
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see you guys pick up Diondre Borel and/or Tori Gurley. They are completely different WR's but go back and watch our last game vs the Chiefs, both are players. I think they are guys who could make an impact.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5984
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I'd really like to see you guys pick up Diondre Borel and/or Tori Gurley. They are completely different WR's but go back and watch our last game vs the Chiefs, both are players. I think they are guys who could make an impact.
I'd love to get both of them.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealMetalFan


Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1660
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We said byebye to LYdon Murtha and Will Barker too
_________________

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13115
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murtha is a bit of a shocker to me. I thought he was our best backup OT?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3134
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Murtha is a bit of a shocker to me. I thought he was our best backup OT?


He fit the power block scheme better and was costing us 1.9M. We might be clearing cap with his release and Cooks trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group