Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cuts to 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
I thought guys picked off of other teams rosters had to be placed on their 53?

Only if they sign onto the PS.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:
I thought guys picked off of other teams rosters had to be placed on their 53?

Only if they sign onto the PS.

Ok, i c
jake1962

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
what worries me about Coleman is this is very, very much an era where QBs are a scare commodity. it seems moreso no right now than in past years anyways to me. There are teams like the Cardinals who quite literally have nothing who snap up QBs like that.

Why is everyone worried about a dude that's a career backup at best? Harrell can carry this team a game or two, if Rodgers misses more than that, then were screwed anyway.

Same with the Vikings. Their talk radio was all about "we have to keep sage in case ponder goes down". No you don't . If ponder goes down you win 4 games instead of 6-7. Prosperous stuff in reading now. People need to realize that if Rodgers goes down the season is lost anyway. Lord knows our D won't keep us in games.

it matters if we are 7-4 and A-Rod gets knocked out with a severe high ankle sprain and his prognosis is out 3-4 weeks (they are possible ive had them and they suck something furious and theyre frustrating injuries). The rest of that game and the following game, our number two Harrell proves to be woefully inadequate and we need a decisive change. Rams have played that game before....it is possible.....and they succeeded in getting to the playoffs with their number three guy. odds to high hell with that sort of record we are very much still in the playoff picture, and we need to hope for 3-4 results to get us over the hump so we get in the playoffs and Mr Rodgers is good to go in the playoffs. At that point we are magically THAT 10-6 Wild Card team that absolutely no one wants anything to do with going into the playoffs......ring a bell? Given the situation, it can matter a TON.

Now i hope it never comes to that because Rodgers is the best QB in the league. Contingency plans dont hurt though. And theres the mighty swell alternative of Flynn-ing a quarterback with intangables and actually getting something for him. We could have got either a 2nd or 3rd for Flynn in this QB climate.......if we can do that with Harrell and/or Coleman, thats just dandy for me.

ultimately when i see the QBs that have been let go like Wallace, Hoyer, and Kafka, it makes me feel much better that we will have Coleman available to us as a PS quarterback though...... so hopefully the worry is a moot point

Coleman coming in is a guaranteed loss. Every game he starts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: