Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget he's still recovering from a PCL tear. He's not going to be running at full speed yet.

I'll be coming out with my WR rankings for guys I think we'll consider taking.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Following up yesterday's rumor that the Seahawks are very high on Colorado TE Nick Kasa, Tony Pauline adds today that Seattle has made recent contact with and are very interested in Rutgers WR Mark Harrison.

Per Pauline:

"I'm told Mark Harrison/WR/Rutgers could be selected much earlier than people expect. Harrison silently turned in one of the best workouts of any receiver at the combine. Measuring slightly under 6-feet, 3-inches and tipping the scale at 231-pounds, Harrison posted an official hand time of 4.37-seconds in the forty as well as a vertical jump of 38.5-inches. He also had the longest arm length of any receiver at the combine, 35-inches. Just prior to the Rutgers pro-day last month Harrison broke the fifth metatarsal in his left foot yet is expected to be 100% by the middle of May. Who's showing the most interest in Harrison? The Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers have all had recent contact with Harrison. The New York Jets have also been poking around the big receiver. Its not out of the question the Niners could use a late third or fourth round choice to acquire the big bodied wide out."

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/4/24/4261344/nfl-draft-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-interested-in-wr-mark-harrison
imani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Marquess Wilson or Mark Harrison in the 3rd

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Wilson we could probably get in the later part of the third day. Maybe as an UDFA too.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Plush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
imani wrote:
Wilson we could probably get in the later part of the third day. Maybe as an UDFA too.

No way in hell he makes it past the 4th IMO
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
imani wrote:

You might be surprised. This class is stacked at the WR position and Wilson is actually pretty overrated as a talent to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him last 'til the 5th or 6th.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Plush wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
imani wrote:

You might be surprised. This class is stacked at the WR position and Wilson is actually pretty overrated as a talent to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him last 'til the 5th or 6th.

Yea any were from 4-6th to much potential there for him to go UDFA.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the WR rankings of guys I think will fall to at least our 2nd round pick and we will be interested in. Haven't scouted a handful of guys yet.

Keenan Allen, California (21)
+ Huge hands at 10” / Ideal size @ 6’2” 206lbs / Great slant route / Very good at YAC / Plucks ball away from body at all costs / Finds holes in zones well / Decisive route runner
- Lacks deep speed / Slight build / PCL tear still recovering / Struggles to consistently get separation / Struggles fighting with contact for ball
Comparison: Chad Johnson
Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (22)
+ Ample size @ 6’3 220lbs / Big hands at 9.5’ / Powerful runner after the catch / Looks like a RB / Solid hands over the middle / Absorbs contact very well / Strong hands
- Doesn’t have breakaway speed / Big character issues / Doesn’t challenge well with jumpballs despite vertical / Worked a lot in the slot / Plays lazy at times
Comparison: Anquan Boldin
Stedman Bailey, West Viriginia (22)
+ Talented boundary receiver / Big hands / Long arms for height / Competitive YAC guy / Strong in jumpball / Strong hands catcher
- Not overly fast or quick twitch / Average size at best / Gets bored at times
Comparison: Golden Tate
Markus Wheaton, Oregon State (22)
+ Long arms / Quick and fast / Jitterbug movements / Willing receiver in traffic / Natural deep ball receiver / Shifty route runner / Finds soft zones / Hands catcher / Solid blocker
- Somewhat small hands / Very slight build / Inconsistent receiver in traffic
Comparison: +Eddie Royal
Terrance Williams, Baylor (24)
+ Natural deep threat with long strides to beat defender late / Good feel of soft zone in defense / Good size and speed combo / Proven perimeter blocker / Great basket catcher
- Unnaturally small hands which result in drops / Lacks physicality / Body catcher / Not developed route runner / Meh YAC / Poor fighting for ball with contact
Comparison: Jacoby Jones
Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech (23)
+ Soft hands catcher / Plus route runner / Beats the press / Upfield runner / Good size at 200+lbs with average size hands
- Played in pass inflated scheme / Cannot gain separation via speed / YAC average / Reported diva
Comparison: Nate Washington
Aaron Dobson, Marshall (22)
+ Ideal height and wingspan / Zero drops last season / A body catcher with past drop issues / Great ball recognition
- Oddly small hands for size / Not overly athletic / Not physical with the football / Mediocre route runner
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Anquan comparison for Da'Rick. Closer to Dez than Boldin.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Harrison WR Rutgers

Analysis: Big WR at 6'3" 230lbs. Surprising speed as he's a natural glider that ran a sub 4.4 40 at the Combine. Big hands at over 9.5' and he uses them well, rarely letting the ball get into his body. There has been recent word that Seattle is very interested in him, which isn't surprising considering he looks very similar to USC's Mike Williams coming out of college. Mediocre physicality as a receiver considering his size. Does a nice job boxing out defenders on comeback routes. Inconsistent hands at times but a natural deep receiver that needs to play with more confidence.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Dez is a much better leaper and competitor for the ball in deep situations. Much like prime Boldin, Da'Rick can exploit the middle of the field and destroy teams with his physicality in the YAC game. He catches the ball in traffic very consistently and doesn't shy away from contact. Dez is better than any prospect in this class to be honest.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Dez is a much better leaper and competitor for the ball in deep situations. Much like prime Boldin, Da'Rick can exploit the middle of the field and destroy teams with his physicality in the YAC game. He catches the ball in traffic very consistently and doesn't shy away from contact. Dez is better than any prospect in this class to be honest.
I agree. But athletically and after the catch, Da'Rick is closer to Dez.

ram29jackson wrote:
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Athletically yes, but after the catch he's almost identical to Boldin.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Maybe. It's not like Dez runs that much different after the catch than prime Boldin did Laughing

ram29jackson wrote:
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Maybe. It's not like Dez runs that much different after the catch than prime Boldin did Laughing

I suppose not but you're the one that brought up Da'Rick's YAC ability Laughing Rogers/Boldin run much more like RBs with the ball in their hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: