Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, there really is no point talking about him. He's a top 5 prospect and we're clearly not a top 5 team.

Anyways, I have a man crush on Trey Burton. I think he's exactly the type of weapon we could utilize at the FB position, much like Marcel Reece.

FB? Only if he signs as an undrafted free agent. I don't believe in wasting picks on FB's.

You wouldn't "waste" a pick on Marcel Reece? Burton is more athletic than Reese and adds a completely new dimension to the offense. I'd use a 4th or 5th on him with no issue.
I'd use a 6th on him with no issue. I really not unhappy with what Mike Rob has developed into.

Why? Especially if you're o.k. with M. Rob? That would be a waste of a pick. I'd use that pick to build depth in areas where we have little.

To diversify your weapons. Burton is something completely unique, just like Marcel Reece. Knowing what we know now about Reece, I guarantee no team in the league would allow him to go undrafted.

He's not Reece though. He's Burton. Maybe after being in the NFL a few years, teams might regret letting him get drafted late, but the fact remains that FB's can be had late in the draft and possibly after the draft is over. You use the draft to upgrade positions of need and build depth. I highly doubt we'd even carry 2 FB's at this point, unless you'd part with M. Rob. I never liked Robinson, but even I have to admit that he has turned into a very good lead blocker, so I'd keep him.

We have dire needs at WR and SLB, we'll need to draft a QB (since there is no way the Seahawks are gonna keep a $20 million backup, beyond this season), we need added depth on the O-Line, D-Line and CB as well. That's where I focus our draft.

Im with Osprey on this one. There is just no point in spending a 5th round pick on a FB, when we already have a pro bowl FB. And its not going to happen because Mike Rob is one of the biggest leaders on our team.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus if we get rid of Mike Rob, no more Real Rob Report Crying or Very sad

But seriously, I'm happy with Mike Rob. He isn't a hard hitter, but he is reliable in the run game. He is also great on short yardage runs. I'm surprised that we don't check down to him more often as well, because he won't drop balls like our receivers Laughing
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one said anything about replacing Rob. Burton isn't half the lead blocker he is. Burton would simply be an extra weapon for this offense.
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we don't need him, but the more I watch Chance Warmack, the more ideas I get of what this run game would look like are crazy. Mind you RT is much more of a priority at this point, I even remember on Real Rob Report McQuistan joking about how many yards Breno gives up on penalties Laughing
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to know what you guys thought about OLB Trent Murphy of Stanford. This guy intrigues me a lot. He is very aggressive, he is bigger than Chase Thomas. He has the same amount of TFL and more sacks than Thomas, while playing opposite of him.

I was watching the tape I had of Stanford vs. USC that I had from this year, to get a better look at Thomas, but Murphy keeps catching my eye. I think this kid has potential.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
No one said anything about replacing Rob. Burton isn't half the lead blocker he is. Burton would simply be an extra weapon for this offense.

I don't mind throwing a late rounder at a weapon, but Mike Rob isn't getting a whole ton of reps as it is. Pete loves his 2-TE set and that takes precedence over a FB more often than not.

Also Paul McQ can't talk now Very Happy. He let Brandon Spikes in for two big stuffs on Marshawn the week after he made the comments towards Breno.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I don't mind throwing a late rounder at a weapon, but Mike Rob isn't getting a whole ton of reps as it is. Pete loves his 2-TE set and that takes precedence over a FB more often than not.

Also Paul McQ can't talk now Very Happy. He let Brandon Spikes in for two big stuffs on Marshawn the week after he made the comments towards Breno.
At 6-3, Burton would be more of an H-Back here in a Cameron Morrah role

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He could do a lot of things for us just like he does for Florida. He lines up at FB, RB, wildcat QB, TE, slot receiver, and split receiver. Dude literally does everything.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He could do a lot of things for us just like he does for Florida. He lines up at FB, RB, wildcat QB, TE, slot receiver, and split receiver. Dude literally does everything.

Ok now I have to read up on him.

Is he an Aaron Hernandez clone?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Ok now I have to read up on him.

Is he an Aaron Hernandez clone?

No, but Florida's Jordan Reed (their actual TE) pretty much is! Like I said, Burton is a lot more like Reece.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Lets just hope Bevell is gone, so a player like him would be actually utilised.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My draft needs:

WR
Interior OL/RT
Nickel CB
Pure Pass Rusher

In that order. I wouldn't mind if that was rounds 1-4

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Needs:
Interior OL
Pass rushing DT
WR
Nickel CB playmaker
SLB pass rusher

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with this list as far as needs go (In order of importance):

1. WR
2. Pass Rushing DT/DE
3. OLB
4. RT
5. Nickleback
6. QB (No way we keep a $20 million backup past this season.)
7. WR
8. Interior O-Line
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Draft Needs:
Interior OL
Pass rushing DT
WR
Nickel CB playmaker
SLB pass rusher

I agree with these positions, but in this order:

WR
SLB pass rusher
Interior OL
Pass rushing DT
Nickel CB playmaker

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21

Jump to: