Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Jarvis Jones is an animal. Honestly I'd compare him to more of a poor mans version of Lawrence Taylor. I know that sounds crazy, but that's the first player that comes to mind.

Apparently I need to scout Chase Thomas with how much all of you love him.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, Jarvis Jones is an animal. Honestly I'd compare him to more of a poor mans version of Lawrence Taylor. I know that sounds crazy, but that's the first player that comes to mind.

He's just very versatile and seems fluid enough to be a SLB in our scheme.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Jarvis Jones is an absolute animal i love him i just doubt he is there when we pick thats why i havent talked about him

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Jarvis Jones is an absolute animal i love him i just doubt he is there when we pick thats why i havent talked about him

Jones would absolutely be my #1 pick as a SLB in our scheme, but what's the point? He's gonna be long gone, when we pick. There's no point even mentioning him in the same breath with the Seahawks. It isn't gonna happen. Crying or Very sad
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, there really is no point talking about him. He's a top 5 prospect and we're clearly not a top 5 team.

Anyways, I have a man crush on Trey Burton. I think he's exactly the type of weapon we could utilize at the FB position, much like Marcel Reece.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, there really is no point talking about him. He's a top 5 prospect and we're clearly not a top 5 team.

Anyways, I have a man crush on Trey Burton. I think he's exactly the type of weapon we could utilize at the FB position, much like Marcel Reece.
Isn't he still young? I think he's more athletic than Reese.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

FB? Only if he signs as an undrafted free agent. I don't believe in wasting picks on FB's.
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really need to watch this Brandon Coleman kid from Rutgers. Huge player at 6'5 220 pounds and is one of those freak WRs like Larry or Megatron, although clearly not at the same point as they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8QWAVE0Nc&feature=player_embedded

He basically is what i want from this draft at all costs.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's very early, but in my latest 7 round mock, I have us taking.....

1. Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
2. Chris Jones, DT/DE, Bowling Green
3. Earl Watford, OG, James Madison
4. Travis Long, SLB, Washington State
4. Brian Winters, OT, Kent State
5. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
6. Rashaan Melvin, CB, Northern Illinois
6. Colby Cameron, QB, La. Tech
7. Caraun Reid, DT/DE, Princeton

Last edited by TheOsprey on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

FB? Only if he signs as an undrafted free agent. I don't believe in wasting picks on FB's.

You wouldn't "waste" a pick on Marcel Reece? Burton is more athletic than Reese and adds a completely new dimension to the offense. I'd use a 4th or 5th on him with no issue.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You wouldn't "waste" a pick on Marcel Reece? Burton is more athletic than Reese and adds a completely new dimension to the offense. I'd use a 4th or 5th on him with no issue.

No. Good FB's can be signed after the draft. It's a position few teams utilize anymore, so tons of very good FB's are left undrafted. Using your own example, Reece was an undrafted free agent. I'd never use a draft pick on one, knowing I very well might get that same guy or someone very similar as an undrafted free agent.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I'd use a 6th on him with no issue. I really not unhappy with what Mike Rob has developed into.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I'd use a 6th on him with no issue. I really not unhappy with what Mike Rob has developed into.

Why? Especially if you're o.k. with M. Rob? That would be a waste of a pick. I'd use that pick to build depth in areas where we have little.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Why? Especially if you're o.k. with M. Rob? That would be a waste of a pick. I'd use that pick to build depth in areas where we have little.

To diversify your weapons. Burton is something completely unique, just like Marcel Reece. Knowing what we know now about Reece, I guarantee no team in the league would allow him to go undrafted.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

To diversify your weapons. Burton is something completely unique, just like Marcel Reece. Knowing what we know now about Reece, I guarantee no team in the league would allow him to go undrafted.

He's not Reece though. He's Burton. Maybe after being in the NFL a few years, teams might regret letting him get drafted late, but the fact remains that FB's can be had late in the draft and possibly after the draft is over. You use the draft to upgrade positions of need and build depth. I highly doubt we'd even carry 2 FB's at this point, unless you'd part with M. Rob. I never liked Robinson, but even I have to admit that he has turned into a very good lead blocker, so I'd keep him.

We have dire needs at WR and SLB, we'll need to draft a QB (since there is no way the Seahawks are gonna keep a $20 million backup, beyond this season), we need added depth on the O-Line, D-Line and CB as well. That's where I focus our draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: