Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
What do you guys think about Justin Hunter? I love him as prospect and is the only receiver I would take in the first round, as the seahawks. He is exactly what our offense needs. He is big, quick, fast, good hands, and gets good separation. I am puzzled by why his stock seems to be dropping, and no one is talking about him.

I like him, he just has small frame and it has a tendency to get banged up a lot, it seems. He's had inconsistent hands at times as well. Other than that, i like the guy a lot. Absolute freak

he looked so smooth when he played south carolina. I really want him

Tennessee?

yes they played SC this season. My house is like throwing distance from the SC stadium he looked so smooth against us just his hips and the way he went after the ball

Gotcha, misread your post. He's definitely in my top 4 WRs, perfect #1 type and unlike any other receiver on the roster. He and cordarelle patterson are unique in the first round, in that right

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
imani wrote:
WHat do you guys know about Sam Montgomery?

He'd project as a LEO for us, but would an ideal fit as a standard 43 RDE. Plays the run well, really solid pass rusher though I've never been unbelievably impressed with him. He displays a nice array of pass rushing moves though he seems heavy-footed to me at times. Personally, not a huge fan but I know a lot of people really like him.
Both those LSU ends were overhyped coming into the year. I like Montgomery more than Mingo, he just seems much more technically sound. Mingo is a freak athlete however and athletically would project well to the LEO spot.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
What do you guys think about Justin Hunter? I love him as prospect and is the only receiver I would take in the first round, as the seahawks. He is exactly what our offense needs. He is big, quick, fast, good hands, and gets good separation. I am puzzled by why his stock seems to be dropping, and no one is talking about him.

I like him, he just has small frame and it has a tendency to get banged up a lot, it seems. He's had inconsistent hands at times as well. Other than that, i like the guy a lot. Absolute freak

Tennessee?

yes they played SC this season. My house is like throwing distance from the SC stadium he looked so smooth against us just his hips and the way he went after the ball

Gotcha, misread your post. He's definitely in my top 4 WRs, perfect #1 type and unlike any other receiver on the roster. He and cordarelle patterson are unique in the first round, in that right

Marcus Wheaten is also up there for me. Probably my #2 favorite WR after Hunter. The only problem is that his stock is sky rocketing right now at the senior bowl so I wouldn't be surprised if he got drafted in the first.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tennessee?

Honestly there 3rd WR looked more impressive then patterson!

Just a fun fact apparently I played against Cordarelle in high school Laughing
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
I am puzzled by why his stock seems to be dropping, and no one is talking about him.

I'm not so sure his stock is falling that much, but rather there are just so many intriguing WR prospects (as JS put it).

There are literally 15 WRs that I believe have a shot to start. It's the deepest WR class in recent memory.

I definitely think Hunter is in the top 3, but I think teams ultimately look at the difference between Hunter and a WR in the 3rd round, vs say a DE/LB/DB vs a 3rd round DE/LB/DB.

Who would you rather have Hunter in the 1st and Gerald Hodges/Williams Gholsten/Cory Lemonier in the 3rd.....
OR Kevin Minter, Sam Montgomery, Okafor...ect in the 1st and Woods/Wheaton/Patton/Hamilton in the 3rd?

I've heard Wheaton Climbing up boards, but there's no way he's a first round pick....Maybe a 2nd but that's a stretch.

1) Keenan Allen
2) DeAndre Hopkins
3) Justin Hunter
4) Terrance Williams
5) Tavon Austin
6) Markus Wheaton
7) Robert Woods
Cool Quinton Patton
9) Cordarelle Patterson
10) Steadman Bailey
11) Cobi Hamilton
12) D'Rick Rodgers
13) Aaron Dobson
14) Ryan Swope
15)Marquess Wilson

Ridiculous talent, but the guy I like the most is DeAndre Hopkins...he reminds me of Roddy White...a whole lot. Check him out on Youtube, he's electric in space and ALWAYS uses his hands to catch it (like Patton).

"We all we got, we all we need"
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
I am puzzled by why his stock seems to be dropping, and no one is talking about him.

I'm not so sure his stock is falling that much, but rather there are just so many intriguing WR prospects (as JS put it).

There are literally 15 WRs that I believe have a shot to start. It's the deepest WR class in recent memory.

I definitely think Hunter is in the top 3, but I think teams ultimately look at the difference between Hunter and a WR in the 3rd round, vs say a DE/LB/DB vs a 3rd round DE/LB/DB.

Who would you rather have Hunter in the 1st and Gerald Hodges/Williams Gholsten/Cory Lemonier in the 3rd.....
OR Kevin Minter, Sam Montgomery, Okafor...ect in the 1st and Woods/Wheaton/Patton/Hamilton in the 3rd?

I've heard Wheaton Climbing up boards, but there's no way he's a first round pick....Maybe a 2nd but that's a stretch.

1) Keenan Allen
2) DeAndre Hopkins
3) Justin Hunter
4) Terrance Williams
5) Tavon Austin
6) Markus Wheaton
7) Robert Woods
Cool Quinton Patton
9) Cordarelle Patterson
10) Steadman Bailey
11) Cobi Hamilton
12) D'Rick Rodgers
13) Aaron Dobson
14) Ryan Swope
15)Marquess Wilson

Ridiculous talent, but the guy I like the most is DeAndre Hopkins...he reminds me of Roddy White...a whole lot. Check him out on Youtube, he's electric in space and ALWAYS uses his hands to catch it (like Patton).

Ace Sanders!
hawksman81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I could see Schneider picking in the second round is Datone Jones. Could play the 5-tech here and add some pass rush out of that position. At 6’4 280, he doesn’t fit to many schemes but he could fit here. Just another unique player I wouldn’t be surprised to see end up on the hawks. Laughing

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
One guy I could see Schneider picking in the second round is Datone Jones. Could play the 5-tech here and add some pass rush out of that position. At 6’4 280, he doesn’t fit to many schemes but he could fit here. Just another unique player I wouldn’t be surprised to see end up on the hawks. Laughing

That's the guy I've been pimping. Love Datone.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

That's the guy I've been pimping. Love Datone.

I'm on the Datone to Seattle bandwagon as well. The players I would absolutely love Seattle to snag this year include;

WR:
Justin Hunter
DeAndre Hopkins

TE:
Gavin Escobar

D-Line:
Datone Jones
Brandon Williams
Kawann Short (if he falls)

Linebacker:
Sean Porter
Arthur Jones

Secondary:
DJ Swearinger
Duke Williams

There are a few others as well. Competition @ Guard, Backup QB, Someone to fill Leon's role for a fraction of the price.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to list a couple of players im warming up to recently.

Khaseem Greene - He is my favorite WLB prospect in this draft. He can do everything, rush the passer, defend the run, former safety so he can drop into coverage, good size, great athlete. I absolutely love him. Id take him with our first round pick if need be, but I think he will be there in the 2nd.

Desmond Trufant - His strong showing at the senior bowl made him grow on me. I think he is an ideal replacement for his older brother, Marcus Trufant, as our nickel CB. He a great athlete and despite being a little inconsistent during the season, he doesnt have any major flaws in his game. The only problem is that he might even sneak into the first round after the senior bowl, and I definitely wouldn't take him until the late 2nd round.

Datone Jones - I questioned him earlier this year, but Im finally warming up to him. Im attracted to his potential and near perfect fit in this scheme, and I like his versatility. He could play UT as well as 5-tech for us. Id take him in the 2nd - 3rd round.

Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, and Marcus Wheaton - These aree my 3 favorite WR prospects in this years draft. All have big play ability and #1 receiver potential. Id be happy with any of these guys.

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
chpjns15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts:

Sam Montgomery would be amazing in Big Reds position IMO

If we draft an early round CB (which I doubt) it HAS to be either Jonathan Banks or Desmond Trufant. Banks is an ideal fit for us in every possible way, and Trufant would be an excellent nickel CB.

Justin Hunter is my faavorite WR in this draft, followed by DeAndre Hopkins and Marcus Wheaton.

Datone Jones is about as ideal of a fit as you get for our D-Line.

Sheldon Richardson could be a beastly UT for us, but I question his effort.

Ziggy Ansah has so much potential it is just ridiculous. I wouldn't mind snagging him at all.

Eric Fisher looks like the best fit for the ZBS out of the high round OTs. (Not including Luke Joeckel).

If Jonathan Cooper is available when we pick, I think we have to take him.

Khaseem Greene is an animal, and an ideal fit in this defense. I want him. Bad. Really bad. Like, reach for him in round 1 bad.

Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should take a serious look at Devin Taylor from South Carolina. A long rangy prospect at 6-7 is not very good against the run but man he can get to the passer.

He could be the best dfensive end in the draft. 3-4 round
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Stephens has a really nice blog, and he ranks all the D-line prospects for the Hawks. Worth a read.

http://scouttheseahawks.com/2988-2/

This guy is a genius as a scout, BTW. Great at evaluating players.

Quote:
Carradine suffered an ACL tear before the Seminoles' final regular season game, ending a season that saw him garner 11 sacks and 80 total tackles - an eye-popping number of tackels for a defensive end. On tape, Carradine is probably the most polished edge rusher in the group when considering his explosive get-off, great use of length and hands, impressive flexibility and strong closing burst. He flashes a strong swim move to the outside shoulder of the tackle, a decent spin back to the inside, and good use of flexibility and leverage to generate a strong bull-rush. Plain and simple, before the ACL tear, Carradine was the best 3-point rusher in the draft. Pre-Draft workouts will be the teller as to how the injury has effective his explosiveness and agility, so expect his draft position to be tied pretty tighlty to how well he tests. The listed ranking assumes Carradine makes a respectable recovery and returns to something close to pre-injury capability. Had he not torn the ACL, I'd have a hard time ranking him any lower than No. 1 on my board, overall, among DEs.

Sleeper?
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at Leon McFadden and I really like what I see. Instinctual, fluid hips, agressive, and good at both man and zone coverage. Because of his small size, he would be the ideal nickel corner IMO. He is looking like a late 2nd or 3rd round prospect.

klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WANT TAVON AUSTIN!!!!!!!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: