Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
You know what I love about this team is that there is no needs. We have begun calling WR a need, but really have are very serviceable there with Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, and Doug Baldwin. We could improve there, but it is definitely not a NEED. We have also been saying that RT is a need, but really now that Giaccomi has cut down on the dumb penalties, that is not a very big need. We have said that we need a pass rushing LB, but it is really just our fan base who says we need that. Carroll has never mentioned wanting a pass rush from the LB position.

Really, we dont have any needs. We have positions that we could improve. Really what this team needs to do is develop, and then they will become elite. That is what is going to make this upcoming draft so much fun, we are just going to draft BPA the entire draft. Very Happy
no needs? UT is a black hole in the middle of our DL

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
You know what I love about this team is that there is no needs. We have begun calling WR a need, but really have are very serviceable there with Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, and Doug Baldwin. We could improve there, but it is definitely not a NEED. We have also been saying that RT is a need, but really now that Giaccomi has cut down on the dumb penalties, that is not a very big need. We have said that we need a pass rushing LB, but it is really just our fan base who says we need that. Carroll has never mentioned wanting a pass rush from the LB position.

Really, we dont have any needs. We have positions that we could improve. Really what this team needs to do is develop, and then they will become elite. That is what is going to make this upcoming draft so much fun, we are just going to draft BPA the entire draft. Very Happy

I had forgot that Jason Jones's contract expired this year. If Pete was pleased with his play, we will resign him, and THEn we will have no needs Very Happy

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Truth. Guard, True #1 wideout, PR LBer, Nickel CB....we aren't flawless

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

My point was that we dont have any GLARING needs, but we could definitely improve at some positions.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:

I see your point, and I agree to some degree - though, I think Guard is a pretty serious need - I'm not willing to roll the dice and *hope* that Moffitt and Carpenter can pan out and stay healthy, and Sweezy's still a project. McQ is almost acceptable as a backup, but that's as far as I'll go there.

Some kind of pressure-creating DT is still a need, I think. We have personnel for the passing game and personnel for the run game, but our DLine, outside of Mebane, is missing an every-down guy who's effective in both aspects.

I could live with our WRs, though our guys all rely on playmaking rather than actually getting separation. It'd be really nice, maybe even game-changing to get a WR who could regularly get loose in the secondary. Our guys just win a lot of jump balls and, in Rice's case, have an insane catch radius that makes them valuable.

After that, I think LB/RT/CB depth are my strong wants, though I'm good going BPA after OG/DT/WR. Some of those holes will get addressed in FA, but I'm sure we'll see the others filled in April, and I'm already excited to see what gems PC/JS find this time around... and curious to see what "Holy Crap, we picked *WHO*?" first-rounder we go with in '13, heh.

I wonder what the offers will look like that we'll get for Flynn - could make for a killer draft - which we'll need, since St. Louis already looks solid and got a bounty of picks coming up from the Skins for RG3.

TommyC376 on the Sig
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

My point was that we dont have any GLARING needs, but we could definitely improve at some positions.

I'd say NCB and pass rush from linebacker has been huge this season. The former being a big reason we have struggled with smaller wideouts, particularly on 3rd down. Trufant has made veteran plays at times, but has overall been a liability as he has lost more than a step. The latter has also contributed to our issues on third down, but it's held back our blitz in general. Rushing our linebackers really doesn't do much for this team at the moment. Wagner gets pressure at times because of his speed, but other than that, the majority has come from the front four (save coverage sacks, which doesn't really count as "pressure"). Getting a linebacker that's a threat would also allow our safeties to be more effective when blitzing. Those are two major hurdles that keep this defense from being elite

#1 WR is a concern. We still don't have a receiver we can just throw it up to (tate has had his moments, but no matter how you slice it, he's 5'10....that's a touchdown over trumaine johnson if he's 6'3). We saw in preseason that WIlson can really benefit a wideout he can lob it up to. Rice has shown to be more of a possession route runner over the course of the season, but he can't force the issue. Yesterday was proof of that (blanked by janoris jenkins)

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right though, there aren't any GLARING holes (though i'd still argue RG), but these seemingly small differences can change our fortune from playoff berth, to homefield advantage. If we have any pass rush against the lions, we have the #2 seed right now.....period

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, UT is a glaring need. Our interior pass rush is pathetic. It above anything else will be the cause of a loss for us if we don't win it all these playoffs.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
No, UT is a glaring need. Our interior pass rush is pathetic. It above anything else will be the cause of a loss for us if we don't win it all these playoffs.

agree with this 100%. If we don't sign Randy Starks or Henry Melton in free agency I'd be all for making a trade up in the draft to get Sheldon Richardson .
canucks9314

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UT is a bigger need than WR but i don't see a difference maker at UT available when we pick where as i see more WR talent available

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deandre Hopkins had a great game against LSU, I'd be happy if the seahawks were to pick him in the first.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:

Guard is absolutely a need, otherwise I'd agree with that.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

I'd say NCB and pass rush from linebacker has been huge this season. The former being a big reason we have struggled with smaller wideouts, particularly on 3rd down. Trufant has made veteran plays at times, but has overall been a liability as he has lost more than a step. The latter has also contributed to our issues on third down, but it's held back our blitz in general. Rushing our linebackers really doesn't do much for this team at the moment. Wagner gets pressure at times because of his speed, but other than that, the majority has come from the front four (save coverage sacks, which doesn't really count as "pressure"). Getting a linebacker that's a threat would also allow our safeties to be more effective when blitzing. Those are two major hurdles that keep this defense from being elite

#1 WR is a concern. We still don't have a receiver we can just throw it up to (tate has had his moments, but no matter how you slice it, he's 5'10....that's a touchdown over trumaine johnson if he's 6'3). We saw in preseason that WIlson can really benefit a wideout he can lob it up to. Rice has shown to be more of a possession route runner over the course of the season, but he can't force the issue. Yesterday was proof of that (blanked by janoris jenkins)

On that note, I'll bring up one thing on Wilson. We haven't really seen him throw his receivers open at all this year the way you'd see Hasselbeck do it. Obviously I expect that to come with time, but I think one of the reasons WR seems like a need is because Russ either doesn't trust his guys to go get the football or doesn't trust himself to squeeze it in there. Most of our BIG plays have been balls that have been forced to Tate so he can make a play, and I think Russ needs to do more of that with not only Tate but the other guys as well. Look at Sidney in Minnesota. A lot of his big plays were him just going over the DB with his long frame. The great QBs throw their guys open.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that Russell NOT throwing players open is a case of being a rookie and not having that rapport with the players. We all know how much Hass trusted Bobby Engram (and even Doug Baldwin) when he was on this team.

Russell *should* improve in that regard as he adjusts to the NFL and has a proper off-season with his receivers.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Kenny Vaccaro of Texas. Plays nickel corner for them as well as safety. Listed as a SS, but has the zone coverage skills of a FS that can hit. He's exactly the type of guy I'd want next to Earl to move to Kam up in the box. He wouldn't even have to be listed as a WLB, we can simply think of our defense as a 4-2-5 with 3 safeties, one of which plays most of his time in the box. With this, we'd eliminate the need for a Nickel corner because Vaccaro could stay on the field in those nickel packages and act as the interior corner pushing Kam back to the deep third.

Outside of the 3 safety idea, two of my favorite WLB prospects from this class are Rutger's Khaseem Greene and Stanford's Chase Thomas. I'd love to land one of those guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 11 of 21

Jump to: