Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: The Really Early 2013 Draft Database Reply with quote

With the college football season now right at our feet, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the Seattle fans that also spend quite a bit of time scouting these future NFLers.

This should be a nice collective database built up by our very own Seattle posters, where anyone can post their feelings, strengths/weaknesses, sleepers, quick notes, or scouting report on any prospect they have something to talk about.

If you add something in-depth, I'll update it to this post where the entire index will be kept up-to-date. This way, by the time the draft rolls around, we should have quite a few reports in here so some of the people that are more in-the-dark come draft season can easily access this thread and learn something about the prospects. Also a good way for people to compare notes on prospects that they have watched or see some sleepers that weren't on their radar.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be doing a more thorough scouting report from a few key players in the Vanderbilt/South Carolina game from tonight. Was watching it much more casually than I would while scouting, but I did pay close attention to two players that I was eager to see for 2012. I didn't pay much attention to South Carolina players like RB Marcus Lattimore, DE Jadaveon Clowney, DE Devin Taylor, or SS Devonte Holloman.

I was much more focused on two promising Vanderbilt players. RB Zac Stacy is a player that I really hadn't had a chance to watch live, but man am I convinced he's the sleeper back of the early 2013 draft class. At 5'9" and 210 pounds, Stacy brings a really solid compact build with a surprisingly great center of balance for how bulky he is. He definitely reminds me of 2nd round backs like MJD and Ray Rice who have the ability to be #1 backs but may be underdrafted due to their size. Doug Martin shedded this label last season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Stacy do it this season. He definitely has the thick thighs that you look for in these smaller backs that allows him to be very strong between the tackles, but he also maintains that little-guy burst to hit the edge. He runs East/West at times, but it's not something that looks to be too much of a reoccurring problem. He doesn't have the change of direction that led to Doug Martin being a 1st round back, but I have him as a solid 2nd round player.

QB Jordan Rodgers, who most know is the younger brother of Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, looked pretty mediocre. Definitely does not have the same skillset or upside as his brother. Decent zip when he gets a chance to set his feet, but often displays the footwork of an early NFL version of David Carr. Very skittish in the pocket and gives up on plays far too early. When he pulls the ball down he rarely looks back up to find a target, but rather tries to run to get what he can. Has a pretty decent deep ball and throws with nice precision on the outside routes, but standing at 6'1", his earhole release his far too low for my liking. I'll give him credit for a very quick release on the intermediate routes, but he is prone to many batted passes doing so. Overall not a terrible QB, but not one you draft to be a starter at the next level. He's not a high-end backup caliber guy like Nick Foles was to draft scouts this past season (though not on my personal board), so I'd have Rodgers slated in the 5th to 6th round range as of now.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.E.D.D. Thread

jus sayin Wink

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Lattimore Twisted Evil

WINTER IS COMING
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Marcus Lattimore Twisted Evil

While I like him, there isn't much chance he will be a Seahawk. Here are some of the players I will be watching closely this year in college football.

QB:
Keith Price - Mid-Late round guy I think would be a solid addition to our team

WR:
Keenan Allen, California - Only WR I love watching that will probably enter the 2013 draft. Size, speed, good hands, he is very well rounded.

OT:
Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin
Taylor Lewan, Michigan
Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Chris Faulk, LSU
Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
Brennan Williams, North Carolina
(Watching O-Linemen because I want to beef up the trenches at all times. LG, RG & RT could use upgrades)

OG:
Chance Warmack, Alabama
Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

DE:
Bjoern Werner, Florida State
Corey Lemonier, Auburn
William Gholston, Michigan State
Kareem Martin, North Carolina
Dion Jordan, Oregon
(Some good DE prospects this year and some projects. Depending on what happens in the draft, we might be in position to snag someone due to BPA philosophy.)

DT:
Kawann Short, Purdue
Bennie Logan, LSU
Sharrif Floyd, Florida
(If Jones doesn't pan out or re-sign, we need a pass rushing DT to pair with Mebane. Ideally, I'd love if Short fell to the 2nd round for us, but doubt it happens. Short is one of the very few guys I really want on the Hawks.)

OLB:
Jarvis Jones, Georgia
Sean Porter, Texas A&M
Jelani Jenkins, Florida
Chase Thomas, Stanford
Jonathan Brown, Illinois
(Jones probably won't be around by the time we pick. Ideally, I would like to use a pick in rounds 3-5 for this position, depending on who is available in what round)

CB:
David Amerson, NC State
Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
(Only would consider adding one of these studs if we're picking late in the first and they happen to still be available. Both have great size. While I like what Browner has been doing, I don't like his penalties and he is the least favorite of mine in the secondary. If we got offered something good for him, I would be tempted to accept.)
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more quick ones from me.

West Virginia QB Geno Smith looked brilliant today. I watched him a lot last year but he looked even more polished against Marshall. For an athletic QB, he is intriguingly patient in the pocket and scans the field awfully well. Despite his ability to run, Smith doesn't take off unless absolutely necessary and is constantly keeping his eyes downfield looking to make a play even when he feels the rush. He has natural footwork in the pocket, though it can get choppy at times. He's a long strider as a runner and moves faster than it looks, much like Vince Young. He's a consistently good decision maker, rarely taking unnecessary gambles despite the fact that he has a strong arm. Really solid accuracy and his release is one of the quickest in the country.

North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper is everything as advertised and in my eyes is already better than David DeCastro, who was overrated compared to how many viewed him coming out last year. Cooper is a natural bender at LG with elite footwork in pass protection for a man his size. He has a powerful upper body and gets great leverage in the run game and you'll never see him stop until a few seconds after the whistle is blown. Nasty mauler on the interior that has surprising quickness to the perimeter when asked to pull or block for a screen play. I haven't scouted some of the other top guards in this class, but watching Cooper in both 2011 and early 2012 leads me to believe that he's the top guard in this class by a good margin.

On the other side of the ball lies one of my favorite prospects in this class. UNC DT Sylvester Williams might be one of the most underrated players in the nation if you don't consider him a top 3 all-around DT already. Every time you put on the tape, whether it be 2011 or this game against Elon, he outshines some of his more heralded counterparts like Quinton Coples, Robert Quinn, and Kevin Reddick. He's a true 3-down NT with an amazing first step off the line which allows him to be one of the top interior pass rushers in the country. He has violent hands as he fights off his opposition in search for the ball and he is always the first player upfield. When North Carolina goes to their 3-4 package, Williams plays NT and is stout enough to handle multiple blockers for the run while still providing an impressive amount of pass rush considering the position.

Overall, all 3 of these players will likely be in my top 32 come April (meaning their all 1st round prospects), though I could see Sylvester Williams falling to the 2nd considering he's a relative unknown at this time.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one guy I've had my eye on since last year, played on t.v., so I was excited. Tyler Bray QB Tennessee, looked every bit as good as I remember him last year. His passes are so crisp, accurate and show great touch. He throws the best deep ball in the NCAA, bar none. He and his receivers, torched, arguably the best CB in college football (David Amerson of N.C. State). In the past 5 years, I've really only coveted one other QB this much and that was Andrew Luck. If Bray continues to show me what he displayed in his first game, I'm gonna be as big a fan of his as well.

His stats were 27-41 for 333 yards 2 TD's and 0 INT's

I scouted alot of other guys, but this guy sticks out, by far.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Few more quick ones from me.

West Virginia QB Geno Smith looked brilliant today. I watched him a lot last year but he looked even more polished against Marshall. For an athletic QB, he is intriguingly patient in the pocket and scans the field awfully well. Despite his ability to run, Smith doesn't take off unless absolutely necessary and is constantly keeping his eyes downfield looking to make a play even when he feels the rush. He has natural footwork in the pocket, though it can get choppy at times. He's a long strider as a runner and moves faster than it looks, much like Vince Young. He's a consistently good decision maker, rarely taking unnecessary gambles despite the fact that he has a strong arm. Really solid accuracy and his release is one of the quickest in the country.

North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper is everything as advertised and in my eyes is already better than David DeCastro, who was overrated compared to how many viewed him coming out last year. Cooper is a natural bender at LG with elite footwork in pass protection for a man his size. He has a powerful upper body and gets great leverage in the run game and you'll never see him stop until a few seconds after the whistle is blown. Nasty mauler on the interior that has surprising quickness to the perimeter when asked to pull or block for a screen play. I haven't scouted some of the other top guards in this class, but watching Cooper in both 2011 and early 2012 leads me to believe that he's the top guard in this class by a good margin.

On the other side of the ball lies one of my favorite prospects in this class. UNC DT Sylvester Williams might be one of the most underrated players in the nation if you don't consider him a top 3 all-around DT already. Every time you put on the tape, whether it be 2011 or this game against Elon, he outshines some of his more heralded counterparts like Quinton Coples, Robert Quinn, and Kevin Reddick. He's a true 3-down NT with an amazing first step off the line which allows him to be one of the top interior pass rushers in the country. He has violent hands as he fights off his opposition in search for the ball and he is always the first player upfield. When North Carolina goes to their 3-4 package, Williams plays NT and is stout enough to handle multiple blockers for the run while still providing an impressive amount of pass rush considering the position.

Overall, all 3 of these players will likely be in my top 32 come April (meaning their all 1st round prospects), though I could see Sylvester Williams falling to the 2nd considering he's a relative unknown at this time.

The next time you get a chance, please tell me your thoughts on Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama. I like him and Cooper, but am unsure who would best fit our scheme. I would honestly like to address O-Line and WR early to protect and help Wilson succeed. If Keenan Allen is around when we pick in the 1st, I hope he is ours. If one of Cooper or Warmack are there in the 2nd, gimme one of them. If both are gone, depending on who is there at OT, we need to look there as well. If there isn't anyone at either position worth the pick, then we look to defense such as an OLB, DT or dare I say it...another DE like Bjoern Werner (doubt he falls), who would be an absolute steal in the 2nd.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily see Werner falling to the 2nd because he lacks ideal physical potential warranted for 1st round picks (though that didn't really hold JJ Watt back).

I'll definitely watch Warmack as soon as I can (maybe even tonight).

There's no way Cooper falls out of the 1st round, but I wouldn't mind him at all in the 1st round if Carpenter/Sweezy don't look to be solid players at that spot. Moffitt hasn't played that well at RG either, which is something most of us tend to ignore, but I could see a hole for us there as well (assuming we don't transition Sweezy or Carp to that side if Moffitt struggles).
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the Michigan Bama game and Barrett Jones, Taylor Lewan and Chance Warmack all looked really impressive. All 3 1st rounders. Depends if we are a) going OL round 1 and b) if we are going versatility or down right nastiness.

Lewan is one Nasty SOB perfect RT
Barrett any interior position most versatile
warmack probably pure LG.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Watched the Michigan Bama game and Barrett Jones, Taylor Lewan and Chance Warmack all looked really impressive. All 3 1st rounders. Depends if we are a) going OL round 1 and b) if we are going versatility or down right nastiness.

Well if it's up to you we definitely will be Wink

Lewan is a kid that really intrigues me. He'll probably end up being a top 10 a la Jason Smith a few years ago. Lean kid that needs improvement in run blocking (at least from his 2011 tape, I didn't see him against Bama yet) but is a technically sound pass protector.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to see him play unfortunately, but Baylor WR Terrance Williams (who I'm a big fan of), had a great game, catching 7 passes for 138 yards, with a brand new QB at the helm.

One of my mid round receivers that I like, Tavarres King of Georgia also had a good day, catching 6 passes for 117 yards and a TD. I did see quite a bit of that game. He was impressive.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Well if it's up to you we definitely will be Wink

Lewan is a kid that really intrigues me. He'll probably end up being a top 10 a la Jason Smith a few years ago. Lean kid that needs improvement in run blocking (at least from his 2011 tape, I didn't see him against Bama yet) but is a technically sound pass protector.

Honestly I dont think we should go OL in round 1. It is a need but not a 1st round need. I want us to go WR then OLB. In 1&2. I like what ive seen on youtube with keenan Allen of Cali and Chase Thomas from stanford. that right now would be sweet.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a Syracuse fan and im just wondering what you guys think of QB Ryan Nassib as an NFL prospect??

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Im a Syracuse fan and im just wondering what you guys think of QB Ryan Nassib as an NFL prospect??

Personally, I think Nassib may be one of the more interesting prospects in the draft. He has decent size, decent arm strength and his accuracy has been improving throughout his time at Syracuse. Before it's over, I believe he could work his way into the mid rounds, if he continues to show improvements. At worst, I believe he'll be a late round pick with an opportunity to make a roster and depending on who's ahead of him, he could get a real opportunity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: