Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scrabble Watch: 2012 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglefan#1 wrote:
I know it wasn't Nnamdi's assignment but he's been horrible all year. This happened in the Arizona game were he's arguing at Kurt Coleman expecting safety help, then at the end of the game, Coleman takes blame. Why not as a defense, help pick each other up, why can't one guy help recover when their teammate makes a mistake. Did you see him run over to Todd Bowles after that TD? He doesn't take any responsiblity, he can't tackle he's only useful in press man to man, he's highly overpaid (15 million next year.) more importantly he's overrated and doesn't play hard, he needs to be cut. He's too worried about his reputation, he doesn't care anymore.

Because like you the media doesn't focus on the other players they focus on Nnamdi "supposedly" being burnt in highlights and when questioned by the media. It was the main reason for the creation of this thread. To accurately account for receptions,TD and yards against not just over hyped Sports Center highlights. When your constantly thinking and expecting one thing as a unit in coverage and the opposite happens , I too would be pi$sed. The fact you think he needs to be cut based on performance (not money) just shows you too are watching highlights. Every single CB since the creation.of the NFL gets burnt from time to time. From Deion through Revis and before, no exceptions. The difference from them and Nnamdi as a Eagle for the last year and a 1/2 they for the most part were asked to play man/lock down a entire side of the field for 90% of the game if not 100%. When you do that there is less chance for blown assignments. The complete and utter opposite (stupidity at it's finest) is occuring as a Eagle. If anything he's been too nice about the safety play.

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
eaglefan#1 wrote:
I know it wasn't Nnamdi's assignment but he's been horrible all year. This happened in the Arizona game were he's arguing at Kurt Coleman expecting safety help, then at the end of the game, Coleman takes blame. Why not as a defense, help pick each other up, why can't one guy help recover when their teammate makes a mistake. Did you see him run over to Todd Bowles after that TD? He doesn't take any responsiblity, he can't tackle he's only useful in press man to man, he's highly overpaid (15 million next year.) more importantly he's overrated and doesn't play hard, he needs to be cut. He's too worried about his reputation, he doesn't care anymore.

Because like you the media doesn't focus on the other players they focus on Nnamdi "supposedly" being burnt in highlights and when questioned by the media. It was the main reason for the creation of this thread. To accurately account for receptions,TD and yards against not just over hyped Sports Center highlights. When your constantly thinking and expecting one thing as a unit in coverage and the opposite happens , I too would be pi$sed. The fact you think he needs to be cut based on performance (not money) just shows you too are watching highlights. Every single CB since the creation.of the NFL gets burnt from time to time. From Deion through Revis and before, no exceptions. The difference from them and Nnamdi as a Eagle for the last year and a 1/2 they for the most part were asked to play man/lock down a entire side of the field for 90% of the game if not 100%. When you do that there is less chance for blown assignments. The complete and utter opposite (stupidity at it's finest) is occuring as a Eagle. If anything he's been too nice about the safety play.

Too say he deserves to be cut for performance is idiotic, maybe he's not the 2nd best corner in the game but he is still pretty damn good. Now it's definitely reasonable to suggest we cut him due to his contract, because $15m is the type of the money that a clear #1 Revis-esque corner should be making, not a top 10 corner on the decline. I'm hopeful that Nnamdi will take a pay cut, he's a class act.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Tweet.
Quote:
Andy Reid said on his radio show that Nnamdi should have had safety help on TD, but must stay on man until the WR gets into the "bleachers"

Yes the safeties are bad but Nnamdi isn't handling the situation well at all.

Then don't call zone freaking coverages if your CB is ill-equipped to handle them and your safeties bite on every PA!!!

It's not rocket science.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Tweet.
Quote:
Andy Reid said on his radio show that Nnamdi should have had safety help on TD, but must stay on man until the WR gets into the "bleachers"

This. Nnamdi is content sticking to his assignment but had no team mentality. Sometimes you have to abandon what's being drawn up on the whiteboard and adjust on-field.

He does just enough to say "I did my job."

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Meco wrote:
Tweet.
Quote:

This. Nnamdi is content sticking to his assignment but had no team mentality. Sometimes you have to abandon what's being drawn up on the whiteboard and adjust on-field.

Your joking right? Nnamdi is not allowed to freelance. If a play is call in the huddle and your assignment is to have outside contain while the safety has the middle, you run that play. Blaming Nnamdi over and over again for other peoples mistakes is insane. Here's a novel concept for any of the retarded DC the eagles are employing these days. Put him in man to man coverage on every single play with only that player in coverage and see what happens. Take every safety and allow then to play over the top to aide Boykins in the slot / DRC on his side or in the box and see how that works? There's no way that would turn out any worse on the field then players blowing assignments 3-4x a game do to stupidity. Guarantee Aso and the secondary as a whole plays better in that scenario. Play to your players strength's not their weaknesses.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Meco wrote:
Tweet.
Quote:

Your joking right? Nnamdi is not allowed to freelance. If a play is call in the huddle and your assignment is to have outside contain while the safety has the middle, you run that play. Blaming Nnamdi over and over again for other peoples mistakes is insane. Here's a novel concept for any of the retarded DC the eagles are employing these days. Put him in man to man coverage on every single play with only that player in coverage and see what happens. Take every safety and allow then to play over the top to aide Boykins in the slot / DRC on his side or in the box and see how that works? There's no way that would turn out any worse on the field then players blowing assignments 3-4x a game do to stupidity. Guarantee Aso and the secondary as a whole plays better in that scenario. Play to your players strength's not their weaknesses.

Breakdowns happen, I used to defend Nnamdi but I'm giving up on him. Last week was pathetic. I don't care what his assignment is. If he sees a guy is wide open, friggin cover him, don't say "well, I did my part."

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Season total
Targets 36
Completions 17
Yards 259
TDs 3
INT 1
PDs 9
3 penalties

J-ALL-DAY, did you get PFF's numbers for this past game?
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Meco wrote:
Tweet.
Quote:

Breakdowns happen, I used to defend Nnamdi but I'm giving up on him. Last week was pathetic. I don't care what his assignment is. If he sees a guy is wide open, friggin cover him, don't say "well, I did my part."

Nnamdi's already 5-10 yds away from Robinson when he makes his break. What exactly was he going to do, run him down be real. Had he known Allen was once again going to screw the pooch on his assignment he stays in closer coverage. There was nothing especially on that play he did wrong but be "that guy" who looked to have been burnt when it wasn't his assignment. It's not making excuses for Nnamdi but facts.
eaglefan#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that Nate Allen was supposed to cover up the deep part of the field, but there was nobody on his side of the field, he clearly had a chance to help bail out his teammate but he didn't. Nnamdi is held to a higher standard because of the success he's had, he's supposed to be one of the leaders of the defense. The problem with him is he doesn't take any blame at all, he takes no responsibility at all that's my point. Also if you look at the metrics he's already given up the same amount of receptions as last year, he's on pace to give up more yards and TD's, can't tackle doesn't play hard enough and you think he's having a good year?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglefan#1 wrote:
I understand that Nate Allen was supposed to cover up the deep part of the field, but there was nobody on his side of the field, he clearly had a chance to help bail out his teammate but he didn't. Nnamdi is held to a higher standard because of the success he's had, he's supposed to be one of the leaders of the defense. The problem with him is he doesn't take any blame at all, he takes no responsibility at all that's my point. Also if you look at the metrics he's already given up the same amount of receptions as last year, he's on pace to give up more yards and TD's, can't tackle doesn't play hard enough and you think he's having a good year?

I think he is becoming the scapegoat for this secondary do to his pay check and once again (outrageous expectations by fans) when in fact given as horrible as this defense has played. He's probably played the most consistent out of the secondary players. I don't see anyone calling for DRC head on a platter when he gets burnt constantly several times a game? Why is that as if I don't already know the answer? If the defense as a whole was executing the play calling and doing their assignments to the letter I doubt very seriously anyone would be asking to cut him based off 2012 play. That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Meco wrote:
Tweet.
Quote:

Nnamdi's already 5-10 yds away from Robinson when he makes his break. What exactly was he going to do, run him down be real. Had he known Allen was once again going to screw the pooch on his assignment he stays in closer coverage. There was nothing especially on that play he did wrong but be "that guy" who looked to have been burnt when it wasn't his assignment. It's not making excuses for Nnamdi but facts.

He started jogging.
I want to see him sprint, not throttle and watch a guy run wide open.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Season total
Targets 36
Completions 17
Yards 259
TDs 3
INT 1
PDs 9
3 penalties

J-ALL-DAY, did you get PFF's numbers for this past game?

Targets 4
Completions 4
Yards 75
TDs 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Targets 4
Completions 4
Yards 75
TDs 1

That's so BS.

Thanks anyways.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Targets 4
Completions 4
Yards 75
TDs 1

That's so BS.

Thanks anyways.

Yeah, but I'm sure they will change it once they see the play of coaches film.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Targets 4
Completions 4
Yards 75
TDs 1

That's so BS.

Thanks anyways.

Yeah, but I'm sure they will change it once they see the play of coaches film.

Nnamdi deserves some blame for that play. He needs to play that man closer and he needs to stay with him. He just let that receiver blow right past him. Nnamdi's recognition skills and communication skills appear to be pretty bad.

But yeah, that was mostly on Nate Allen. But PFF screws up the safety stats all the time. In the mean time Nate Allen gets a free pass and his numbers look fantastic and some people who don't watch games are going to go around calling Nate Allen a top 10 safety because "ermahgerd, look at his coverage statz!".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 27 of 34

Jump to: