Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scrabble Watch: 2012 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
As did I, Weeden rarely looked at him. Not to mention he made the ultimate hustle play, running 40 yards from sideline to sideling to make a play.

Yeah, not sure if that guy would have scored if Nnamdi didn't tackle him or not, but it was a good hustle play. I will roll with the four attempts then but he is a fool for allowing the slant on the first play. I mean the safety took a bad angle to make it worse but not sure why he didn't at least get a jam on him.

That was a great hustle effort by Nnamdi. Lynch mentioned twice about that being the type of play that wins you championships.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a homer, but our starting CB duo, which combined for 7 PD's and 2 INT, is going to be heralded as the best in the league by the end of the year IMHO.

Nnamdi was his all-pro self on Sunday.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Call me a homer, but our starting CB duo, who combined for 7 PD's and 2 INT, is going to be heralded as the best in the league by the end of the year IMHO.

Nnamdi was in all-pro form on Sunday. Now let's see the consistency.

Revis and Cromartie is the biggest competition.

Revis > Nnamdi

DRC vs. Cromartie

Hopefully DRC steps up big time this year. (And get's resigned just before his 4 int game)

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Call me a homer, but our starting CB duo, which combined for 7 PD's and 2 INT, is going to be heralded as the best in the league by the end of the year IMHO.

Nnamdi was his all-pro self on Sunday.

There's certainly potential for that. DRC is great at locating the ball, he should have had three picks though.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Call me a homer, but our starting CB duo, who combined for 7 PD's and 2 INT, is going to be heralded as the best in the league by the end of the year IMHO.

Nnamdi was in all-pro form on Sunday. Now let's see the consistency.

Revis and Cromartie is the biggest competition.

Revis > Nnamdi

DRC vs. Cromartie

Hopefully DRC steps up big time this year. (And get's resigned just before his 4 int game)

Absolutely.

However, if DRC breaks out this year, which looks promising right now, then he could put us over the edge. I mean the cover skills and physical tools are there for him to be as good as anyone. You're talking about a guy who's a freak athlete and ran a 4.28 at the combine. He's got size at 6'2 to boot too. I mean his talent is off the charts, and hopefully he'll put it all together this year.

It's obviously still early, but I like how our secondary is shaping up. Boykin looked solid too.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Absolutely.

However, if DRC breaks out this year, which looks promising right now, then he could put us over the edge. I mean the cover skills and physical tools are there for him to be as good as anyone. You're talking about a guy who's a freak athlete and ran a 4.28 at the combine. He's got size at 6'2 to boot too. I mean his talent is off the charts, and hopefully he'll put it all together this year.

It's obviously still early, but I like how our secondary is shaping up. Boykin looked solid too.

I already don't miss Asante, and it's been like that since the day he was traded. I think yesterday kind of assured myself in the belief that our defense was used extremely wrong last year (as if I needed another reason), with too much off-man/zone and having DRC in the slot. What a difference addition by subtraction makes.

Nnamdi/DRC/Boykin (RCB/LCB/Slot CB) >> Nnamdi/Asante/DRC (RCB/LCB/lSlot CB)
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent Grimes out for the season, so Atlante lost their trio of good Corners. Dunta and Asante could hopefully be abused when we meet them.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Absolutely.

I already don't miss Asante, and it's been like that since the day he was traded. I think yesterday kind of assured myself in the belief that our defense was used extremely wrong last year (as if I needed another reason), with too much off-man/zone and having DRC in the slot. What a difference addition by subtraction makes.

Nnamdi/DRC/Boykin (RCB/LCB/Slot CB) >> Nnamdi/Asante/DRC (RCB/LCB/lSlot CB)

Spot on.

That's not to slight Asante in anyway either as he's a great player, but our D is much more equipped given our crop of talent to rush 4 and play man-to-man coverage as we on Sunday. For the most part, at least from what I saw, that's how we lined up against the Browns for the majority of snaps, which put a giant smile on my face.

It's hard to blame the coaches for at least trying it out last year, but it was a colossal failure. Putting DRC in the slot takes away his biggest advantage against enemy WR's, his dynamic speed, and Asante can only play zone/off-man coverage on the left side of the field, which means Juan can't move Nnamdi across the field or have him shadow an opponent's #1 WR.
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Brent Grimes out for the season, so Atlante lost their trio of good Corners. Dunta and Asante could hopefully be abused when we meet them.

Just run a deep route against Asante with a pump fake.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets compare all season how ours differ from PFF, for week 1 they had him at:

Targets 5
Completions 1
Yards 24
PDs 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Just run a deep route against Asante with a pump fake.

Neither of those two can handle the speed of our starters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Lets compare all season how ours differ from PFF, for week 1 they had him at:

Targets 5
Completions 1
Yards 24
PDs 2

Quote:
Week 1 vs GB

Tagets 4
Completions Allowed 1
Yards 24
PDs 3

Left this for you to edit in case I am reading the OP wrong. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, confused the Niners game against the Packers........................

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Sheil, the reception Nnamdi allowed wasn't on him as they were in a zone and one of the LBs bit inside thinking it was a run. Anyone have access to All 22?

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/09/13/all-22-what-we-learned-about-the-eagles-defense/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/
Quote:
How good were the #Eagles CBs last week? According to Stats Inc., they were targeted 17 times, allowed just three rec. for 49 yards & 2 INT

Best CB duo in the NFL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34

Jump to: