Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Cooley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Chris Cooley Reply with quote

I want us to sign this guy as our #3. He could probably move up to #2 behind Gonzo leaving Palmer as our 3rd and resolving our TE battle. LaMark Brown should be kept on the practice squad. Wasn't really going to make the 53 even without the hypothetical signing of Cooley anyways IMO. Just too raw at this point.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Palmer almost as Patro, but this guy is legit. He isnt Tony G, but he would be a reliable #3 or #4 in our system, and thats all we really need.

#JDI
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cooley's still got anything left of his old form I'd be all for it. He could be a valuable TE/FB depending on how we line up

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!! im a huge Chris Cooley fan. living in the MD/VA area, he was one of the few Skins i was a fan of and when healthy, he could produce. im all for it if its possible. but it sounded like he was gonna retire but idk
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'm from the MD area. Not many Falcons fans out there, only very obnoxious Ravens fans. No offense to any of the Ravens posters on this site, who mostly seems civil. Where are you in the DMV?

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
coors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what I said in the thread on Cooley in the NFL News forum...:

coors wrote:
I wouldn't mind a duo of Tony G and Cooley if he still has anything left in the tank. The Pats showed us last year how useful and deadly 2 TE sets can be when used the right way. I know both Tony and Chris are at the tail ends of their careers, but they are both guys who have been super reliable and have great hands.

Cooley would also be able and double as a fullback for us, which even after adding Polite this off season for FB, I think Cooley could bring us something extra to the table. So as a Falcons fan, I would be all for giving the guy a home here.

so for me personally, I would definitely welcome him in. I think that he could bring us some versatility and some flexibility at the TE as well as the FB position for us.

I think he still has something left in the tank, I feel like he was let go from Washington more so because of his contract/cap number, as well as having multiple other cheaper options on the roster. Fred Davis has supposedly finally stepped up..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
^ I'm from the MD area. Not many Falcons fans out there, only very obnoxious Ravens fans. No offense to any of the Ravens posters on this site, who mostly seems civil. Where are you in the DMV?

originally from Waldorf, MD but moved to VA in '05. and honestly im around more obnoxious Redskin and Cowboy fans then Raven fans. its either "this year we are goin to the SuperBowl" from the Skin fans or "how many trophy's do u have?" from the Cowboy fans...extremely annoying, especially when neither one of them have done anything for the past 15 years lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: