Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins and Packers discussing James Jones Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
A 2nd + 3rd from Miami would be robbery for James Jones. That said, don't think we should part with him. If one of our WR's goes down (hope not), he's a great asset to have. Not to mention Driver is likely gone next year, Greg is up for a new contract. I'd like to keep him around.

I hope you are saying that if we DON'T get a 2nd+3rd we shouldn't trade him. If Miami offers a 2nd+3rd, you accept as fast as possible and snicker at them behind their back. Hell, if Miami offers a 2nd straight up, I probably take it and laugh. Miami's 2nd will be a top 40 pick most likely. You don't say no to that.

Edit: Forgot they could give Colts 2nd. That still will most likely be a top 50 pick. Definitely worth it for Jones.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
A 2nd + 3rd from Miami would be robbery for James Jones. That said, don't think we should part with him. If one of our WR's goes down (hope not), he's a great asset to have. Not to mention Driver is likely gone next year, Greg is up for a new contract. I'd like to keep him around.
Plus he's cheap, that's an incentive not to get rid of him. Jones can still make an impact, it'll have to be a 2nd for me to part with jones.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Plus he's cheap, that's an incentive not to get rid of him. Jones can still make an impact, it'll have to be a 2nd for me to part with jones.

Even cheaper as your number 1, which he would be in Miami. Don't know if it will happen but makes sense on many levels. All the leverage is on TT's side. Can be hard getting a deal done like that on short notice at times.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

I hope you are saying that if we DON'T get a 2nd+3rd we shouldn't trade him. If Miami offers a 2nd+3rd, you accept as fast as possible and snicker at them behind their back. Hell, if Miami offers a 2nd straight up, I probably take it and laugh. Miami's 2nd will be a top 40 pick most likely. You don't say no to that.

Edit: Forgot they could give Colts 2nd. That still will most likely be a top 50 pick. Definitely worth it for Jones.

No, I'm saying a 2nd+3rd for Jones would be robbery for us. There's no way Miami would do that. I just don't see the point in trading say.. a 4th or 5th round pick for Jones. I think he's more valuable to the team than a 5th. It's not like we're getting pick 33 in the draft for him.

R-E-L-A-X
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if Jones is "nice to have around" and he's relatively cheap. He should have been relatively cheap as our 5th or 6th offensive option. If you can get equal value at a position of need like either of the lines or ILB, how do you not do that?

The guy's a decent NFL WR, but he's limiting looks for the other 5 guys in front of him, in my opinion.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Not a chance the Dolphins even remotely consider that. If Brandon Marshall only fetches a second round pick, James Jones certainly isn't going to get that and more.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Not a chance the Dolphins even remotely consider that. If Brandon Marshall only fetches a second round pick, James Jones certainly isn't going to get that and more.

Odds are that's true. But I don't move Jones for picks unless I'm blown away by the offer. Hard to dump cheap talent on a team that's close. Know what I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Wasn't it two seconds? I may be wrong.

Regardless I wouldn't unless it's for a safety or depth at the offensive line with a mid to late round pick.
TedThompson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Jones was our 2nd leading receiver in the XLV win over the Steelers.
He also scored key touchdowns at Philly & at Atlanta when games were close.

I know he's dropped plenty, so did a lot of guys last year. The thing is, he makes plays. A lot of them.

And he's a good dude, mature, you don't have to worry about him. And he's a bargain.

I love the potential of our young guys, but we already know what we get from JJ89, and it was good enough to help us win a Super Bowl.

I want at least what we used to get him and that's a 3rd rounder.
I'd rather keep him though, unless we get a player who can help make us better.
GreenNgoldGirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the trigger, TT!
Mr.RodgersNeighborhood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones for Garrard + Pick?

Sig by Justo
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this have any legs or just speculation?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really doesn't make much sense to me to me. if they were at all interested in him, which it stands to reason Philbin knew enough about him, then why are they waiting till the end of the pre-season to even begin to trade for him? he and Tannehill could have had the whole pre-season to get familiar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Wasn't it two seconds? I may be wrong.

Regardless I wouldn't unless it's for a safety or depth at the offensive line with a mid to late round pick.

The Marshall trade netted the Dolphins two 3rd round picks, but Marshall does have some off the field baggage too, still a talented receiver. Like everyone else has eluded to, I am on board if it's a pick and it blows me away. A mere 4th or 5th would not cut it for me, he has too much value to the team compared to the pick.
IrishCheese

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer to keep James Jones but if they were willing to trade Daniel Thomas I would probably do it. Benson, Green, Thomas wouldn't look too bad.

If they do trade him I hope we keep Boykin. Not too impressed with Gurley or Borel. Maybe they will prove me wrong today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: