Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins and Packers discussing James Jones Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chaosisgolden


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2286
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Gotta be for Jake Long right? Jones+2nd for Long. STOP SITTING ON YOUR HANDS AND PULL THE TRIGGER TED!


Shocked

One of the few players on the dolphins I would like! But then again, how the hell is this franchise going to afford him and the other contracts coming up!! Shocked


That, my friend, is what you call sarcasm. But they'd find a way to afford it if they could get Long. Him and Tannehill are probably the 2 untouchables on that team.
_________________
Thrillhouse wrote:
Thankfully, Ted only sees players as 1's and 0's...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4065
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosisgolden wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Gotta be for Jake Long right? Jones+2nd for Long. STOP SITTING ON YOUR HANDS AND PULL THE TRIGGER TED!


Shocked

One of the few players on the dolphins I would like! But then again, how the hell is this franchise going to afford him and the other contracts coming up!! Shocked


That, my friend, is what you call sarcasm. But they'd find a way to afford it if they could get Long. Him and Tannehill are probably the 2 untouchables on that team.


I know it was. But it is the only speculation I like on this "rumor." LIS earlier in the thread, I am not holding my breath on ANY trade regarding JJ. Long shot!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fattlipp


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 642
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk and Jones for Dansby.. getter done TT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9067
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that has been to practice or watch more college than I do, can Jarrett Boykin be as good as James Jones?

If he doesn't have that potential (I don't think Borel or Gurley do) I see no reason to trade James Jones away and weaken a very, very strong WR corp.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10322
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Hawk and Jones for Dansby.. getter done TT


I'd rather have Hawk than Dansby straight up. That trade would be awful. Jones for Dansby straight up? That I could really get behind.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3286
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Hawk and Jones for Dansby.. getter done TT


I'd rather have Hawk than Dansby straight up. That trade would be awful. Jones for Dansby straight up? That I could really get behind.


Isn't Dansby's cap number kind of huge? Rotoworld says he's due: "2012: $8.8 million, 2013: $6.05 million, 2014: $9.05 million"

I guess it would give people who complain that Hawk is overpaid (Hawk makes $4.7m-$5.7m per year for the rest of his contract) something else to complain about, once they realize the grass is not, in fact, greener over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2778
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Anyone that has been to practice or watch more college than I do, can Jarrett Boykin be as good as James Jones?

If he doesn't have that potential (I don't think Borel or Gurley do) I see no reason to trade James Jones away and weaken a very, very strong WR corp.


would it really weaken it that much? IMO, Jones is already behind Jennings, Nelson, Finley, and Cobb as far as main targets.

If we can get something of good value, I would easily make this trade.
_________________

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10322
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
spilltray wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Hawk and Jones for Dansby.. getter done TT


I'd rather have Hawk than Dansby straight up. That trade would be awful. Jones for Dansby straight up? That I could really get behind.


Isn't Dansby's cap number kind of huge? Rotoworld says he's due: "2012: $8.8 million, 2013: $6.05 million, 2014: $9.05 million"

I guess it would give people who complain that Hawk is overpaid (Hawk makes $4.7m-$5.7m per year for the rest of his contract) something else to complain about, once they realize the grass is not, in fact, greener over there.


Yeah I'd have to look at the numbers but as a replacement for Bishop this year, I can see value in Dansby for Jones, who is a WR that is likely to be buried on the depth chart. Between Jennings, Nelson, Finley, and Cobb, that puts Jones and Driver in the neighborhood of 6-7th option. Not a huge loss if there is a player available who could be a starter.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MathMan


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 20296
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Better question does anyone have a link? I'll leave it open for the time being.



Dolphins and Packers discussing James Jones Trade
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
USMC_PackFan


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 3635
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. (last paragraph)

Quote:
According to the Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are also reportedly trying to trade for Green Bay Packers receiver James Jones. Last season, Jones caught 38 passes for 635 yards and 7 touchdowns. He’d arguably be the Dolphins’ number one receiver if the team acquires him.



http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/08/30/report-fins-working-out-donte-stallworth/
_________________

PackerBacker87 on the Sig
Thrillhouse wrote:
I like being called a "hater.".....I do hate the Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
USMC_PackFan


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 3635
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Miami has been actively pursing receivers in a trade, and Green Bay's James Jones is one of the players being targeted. Earlier this week Ireland said the second-round pick Miami got for cornerback Vontae Davis and the third-round pick the Dolphins acquired for trading Brandon Marshall to Chicago this offseason is "ammunition" to make make something happen.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-donte-stallworth-2012,0,4075977.story
_________________

PackerBacker87 on the Sig
Thrillhouse wrote:
I like being called a "hater.".....I do hate the Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SE500


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 524
Location: WISCONSIN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the interest is for real, but that doesn't mean it will get done. If a deal can't be agreed on for Jones the talk could swiftly shift to one of the young WR's, the one among Gurley, Borel, and Boykin the Dolphins most like. We're talking a conditional 7 or so here, now that' affordable and for a player the Packers know they will cut anyway.

I would not trade Jones for less than a 3rd or equal value...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chaosisgolden


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2286
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC_PackFan wrote:
Quote:
Miami has been actively pursing receivers in a trade, and Green Bay's James Jones is one of the players being targeted. Earlier this week Ireland said the second-round pick Miami got for cornerback Vontae Davis and the third-round pick the Dolphins acquired for trading Brandon Marshall to Chicago this offseason is "ammunition" to make make something happen.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-donte-stallworth-2012,0,4075977.story


Sure, we'll take both of those.
_________________
Thrillhouse wrote:
Thankfully, Ted only sees players as 1's and 0's...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byzr


Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 3063
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do they have any lineman who supplant Newhouse? i doubt it other than Long. i'd prefer a player to a draft pick or a nice pick that we could package and get another player from a team. Jones will contribute this year if he's on our team, no doubt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3204
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 2nd + 3rd from Miami would be robbery for James Jones. That said, don't think we should part with him. If one of our WR's goes down (hope not), he's a great asset to have. Not to mention Driver is likely gone next year, Greg is up for a new contract. I'd like to keep him around.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group