Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins and Packers discussing James Jones Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Gotta be for Jake Long right? Jones+2nd for Long. STOP SITTING ON YOUR HANDS AND PULL THE TRIGGER TED!

Shocked

One of the few players on the dolphins I would like! But then again, how the hell is this franchise going to afford him and the other contracts coming up!! Shocked

That, my friend, is what you call sarcasm. But they'd find a way to afford it if they could get Long. Him and Tannehill are probably the 2 untouchables on that team.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosisgolden wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Gotta be for Jake Long right? Jones+2nd for Long. STOP SITTING ON YOUR HANDS AND PULL THE TRIGGER TED!

Shocked

One of the few players on the dolphins I would like! But then again, how the hell is this franchise going to afford him and the other contracts coming up!! Shocked

That, my friend, is what you call sarcasm. But they'd find a way to afford it if they could get Long. Him and Tannehill are probably the 2 untouchables on that team.

I know it was. But it is the only speculation I like on this "rumor." LIS earlier in the thread, I am not holding my breath on ANY trade regarding JJ. Long shot!
fattlipp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk and Jones for Dansby.. getter done TT
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that has been to practice or watch more college than I do, can Jarrett Boykin be as good as James Jones?

If he doesn't have that potential (I don't think Borel or Gurley do) I see no reason to trade James Jones away and weaken a very, very strong WR corp.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

I'd rather have Hawk than Dansby straight up. That trade would be awful. Jones for Dansby straight up? That I could really get behind.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

I'd rather have Hawk than Dansby straight up. That trade would be awful. Jones for Dansby straight up? That I could really get behind.

Isn't Dansby's cap number kind of huge? Rotoworld says he's due: "2012: $8.8 million, 2013: $6.05 million, 2014: $9.05 million"

I guess it would give people who complain that Hawk is overpaid (Hawk makes $4.7m-$5.7m per year for the rest of his contract) something else to complain about, once they realize the grass is not, in fact, greener over there.
phillipraz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Anyone that has been to practice or watch more college than I do, can Jarrett Boykin be as good as James Jones?

If he doesn't have that potential (I don't think Borel or Gurley do) I see no reason to trade James Jones away and weaken a very, very strong WR corp.

would it really weaken it that much? IMO, Jones is already behind Jennings, Nelson, Finley, and Cobb as far as main targets.

If we can get something of good value, I would easily make this trade.

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
spilltray wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

Isn't Dansby's cap number kind of huge? Rotoworld says he's due: "2012: $8.8 million, 2013: $6.05 million, 2014: $9.05 million"

I guess it would give people who complain that Hawk is overpaid (Hawk makes $4.7m-$5.7m per year for the rest of his contract) something else to complain about, once they realize the grass is not, in fact, greener over there.

Yeah I'd have to look at the numbers but as a replacement for Bishop this year, I can see value in Dansby for Jones, who is a WR that is likely to be buried on the depth chart. Between Jennings, Nelson, Finley, and Cobb, that puts Jones and Driver in the neighborhood of 6-7th option. Not a huge loss if there is a player available who could be a starter.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MathMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Better question does anyone have a link? I'll leave it open for the time being.

Dolphins and Packers discussing James Jones Trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. (last paragraph)

Quote:
According to the Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are also reportedly trying to trade for Green Bay Packers receiver James Jones. Last season, Jones caught 38 passes for 635 yards and 7 touchdowns. He’d arguably be the Dolphins’ number one receiver if the team acquires him.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/08/30/report-fins-working-out-donte-stallworth/

PackerBacker87 on the Sig
Thrillhouse wrote:
I like being called a "hater.".....I do hate the Bears.
USMC_PackFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Miami has been actively pursing receivers in a trade, and Green Bay's James Jones is one of the players being targeted. Earlier this week Ireland said the second-round pick Miami got for cornerback Vontae Davis and the third-round pick the Dolphins acquired for trading Brandon Marshall to Chicago this offseason is "ammunition" to make make something happen.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-donte-stallworth-2012,0,4075977.story

PackerBacker87 on the Sig
Thrillhouse wrote:
I like being called a "hater.".....I do hate the Bears.
SE500

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the interest is for real, but that doesn't mean it will get done. If a deal can't be agreed on for Jones the talk could swiftly shift to one of the young WR's, the one among Gurley, Borel, and Boykin the Dolphins most like. We're talking a conditional 7 or so here, now that' affordable and for a player the Packers know they will cut anyway.

I would not trade Jones for less than a 3rd or equal value...
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC_PackFan wrote:
Quote:
Miami has been actively pursing receivers in a trade, and Green Bay's James Jones is one of the players being targeted. Earlier this week Ireland said the second-round pick Miami got for cornerback Vontae Davis and the third-round pick the Dolphins acquired for trading Brandon Marshall to Chicago this offseason is "ammunition" to make make something happen.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-donte-stallworth-2012,0,4075977.story

Sure, we'll take both of those.
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do they have any lineman who supplant Newhouse? i doubt it other than Long. i'd prefer a player to a draft pick or a nice pick that we could package and get another player from a team. Jones will contribute this year if he's on our team, no doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 2nd + 3rd from Miami would be robbery for James Jones. That said, don't think we should part with him. If one of our WR's goes down (hope not), he's a great asset to have. Not to mention Driver is likely gone next year, Greg is up for a new contract. I'd like to keep him around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: