Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Week 2 Power Rankings Reply with quote

They may not mean much but still...we had the biggest move up ,from 24 to 15. Lets see how this week goes.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man after getting beat Down by so many writers, announcers, AND fans for so many years it feels good to see a bright future and a solid start for Griffin.

I still can't believe they opened up with 7 screen passes lol but they got him comfortable and he did the rest. Someone said after the game he said he was calm and felt "like he had ice in his veins". That was awesome and we need a leader that is confident yet level-headed.

That guy on the right in the video said RG3 was 17/21 from in the pocket. I know part of that was game-planning but that was a good stat for him to do well at.

I'm not putting any stock in these rankings but Griffin deserves the praise they are starting to give him. And GREAT team effort too
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! 9 spots in 1 week?? That's respect Cool I agree with what dcred said, it's nice to get some. It's been 7 years since we have been respected.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Wow! 9 spots in 1 week?? That's respect Cool I agree with what dcred said, it's nice to get some. It's been 7 years since we have been respected.

We deserve it . Beat a former-13-3 team last season is something good for week one .
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

We deserve it . Beat a former-13-3 team last season is something good for week one .

And a team that was 9-0 at home up to that point.

My problem is that for the last 10 years (I wasn't looking at power rankings before that) every time we become a favored team we would lose big. Hopefully this is a new era in Skins History and we keep winning and get respect.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Donthate48

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this ranking and I really think this is where we belong right now. Our defense should be a top 10 defense as always, but I still worry about our offense. We played a saints defense that just got back four players, Vilma didn't even play. I couldn't even imagine what would happen if London Fletcher missed a game....
I don't think we have the potential to be a top 10 team right now. But who knows, the sky is the limit with RGIII at the helm

^^ Good looks by Walter on the skin
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donthate48 wrote:
I like this ranking and I really think this is where we belong right now. Our defense should be a top 10 defense as always, but I still worry about our offense. We played a saints defense that just got back four players, Vilma didn't even play. I couldn't even imagine what would happen if London Fletcher missed a game....
I don't think we have the potential to be a top 10 team right now. But who knows, the sky is the limit with RGIII at the helm
Their players that were suspended participated in preseason, I think, except Vilma. They replaced Vilma anyways with Curtis Lofton and upgraded at slb with Hawthorne. Their LB core is the best I can remember it being in recent years.

What they missed was last years starting cbs, Porter is in denv and had a pick 6 to end the game vs Pitt and Jabari Greer is injured.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: