Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we will sign 24-7's man Chris Horton back. I think he's a free gent this year

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Maybe we will sign 24-7's man Chris Horton back. I think he's a free gent this year

Anything's better than Doughty. Wink I only heard his name once the whole game, and that was on the final play of the game.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Anything's better than Doughty. Wink I only heard his name once the whole game, and that was on the final play of the game.
It wouldn't be to replace him, it would be to join him as a reserve safety. Then, Horton would be cut when Meriweather returns from injury.

Doughty is fine, Gomes got the start and I'm glad he did. I like Gomes.

Doughty is a great lockeroom leader, tackler, personal protector on the punt team and an exceptional special teams player. He also has experience at both safety positions and gives us flexibility there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

It wouldn't be to replace him, it would be to join him as a reserve safety. Then, Horton would be cut when Meriweather returns from injury.

Doughty is a great lockeroom leader, tackler, personal protector on the punt team and an exceptional special teams player. He also has experience at both safety positions and gives us flexibility there.

How many snaps did he play in the game today? I honestly don't know. Regardless, I was not impressed with defense, as a whole, in the last 3 drives. We must've lost our focus or something. And Doughty's a punt protector? Was he in on the block?
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

How many snaps did he play in the game today? I honestly don't know. Regardless, I was not impressed with defense, as a whole, in the last 3 drives. We must've lost our focus or something. And Doughty's a punt protector? Was he in on the block?
I didn't count, but he played all the special teams.

Yes, he's been our punt protector since we didn't bring back Cartwright.

The problem on the punt block was sundberg he missed his block, that's what woz said.

Sundberg suffered a broken arm in the game and played through it. Maybe that's why he missed that block. Hard to block with a broken arm.

Sundbergs injury is serious for us if he can't play in the future. Long snappers who are consistent are hard to find

Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dhall in the slot is a great idea he was more effective . I can singly say im more comfortable with Griffin and Williams. We just need to blitz more next time . next week we are gonna be favored but listen this is a Rams team WE should not take likely. We know our history of playing against them and they also got Stafford to throw 3-4 ints. There O is pathetic how ever and I expect u to hold them down too less than 20 but you never know..
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we dodged some bullets with a Saints team that wasn't quite on the same page.

Payton's absence may have had an effect on that Offense that they will have to work out without him. We started to see them picking it up in the 2nd half.

Or Maybe our Pass Rush was getting a little tired...

But either way I was joking about our S situation. I'm sure we have our trials at some point soon, and yeah I'm worried. At least Gomes is becoming the bright spot we hoped he could be. He had the playmaking ability coming in, looks like a stud now. If he stays solid and BW makes an impact when he comes back we are in good shape though....
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Dhall in the slot is a great idea he was more effective . I can singly say im more comfortable with Griffin and Williams. We just need to blitz more next time . next week we are gonna be favored but listen this is a Rams team WE should not take likely. We know our history of playing against them and they also got Stafford to throw 3-4 ints. There O is pathetic how ever and I expect u to hold them down too less than 20 but you never know..
Rams should have beaten the Lions today. They definitely shouldn't be taken lightly.

Sam Bradford did well, Jeff Fishers D is an improved over their Ds of the past.

They did lose Rodger Saffold though, that's a big loss for them and a good sign for KO!

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
I still think we dodged some bullets with a Saints team that wasn't quite on the same page.

Payton's absence may have had an effect on that Offense that they will have to work out without him. We started to see them picking it up in the 2nd half.

Or Maybe our Pass Rush was getting a little tired...

But either way I was joking about our S situation. I'm sure we have our trials at some point soon, and yeah I'm worried. At least Gomes is becoming the bright spot we hoped he could be. He had the playmaking ability coming in, looks like a stud now. If he stays solid and BW makes an impact when he comes back we are in good shape though....
I agree. It looks better than last years version because Landry and Atogwe we're healthy all year.

Isn't Atogwe a free agent also? I thought the Eagles cut him. We need a reserve FS after Bernstine's injury.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Rams should have beaten the Lions today. They definitely shouldn't be taken lightly.

Sam Bradford did well, Jeff Fishers D is an imprudent over their Ds of the past.

They did lose Rodger Saffold though, that's a big loss for them and a good sign for KO!

I wanted the Rams to win Sad

Hope Bradford can bounce back this year anyway, just not against us Laughing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I didn't count, but he played all the special teams.

Yes, he's been our punt protector since we didn't bring back Cartwright.

The problem on the punt block was sundberg he missed his block, that's what woz said.

Sundberg suffered a broken arm in the game and played through it. Maybe that's why he missed that block. Hard to block with a broken arm.

Sundbergs injury is serious for us if he can't play in the future. Long snappers who are consistent are hard to find

According to BMitch, it was Chris Wilson who missed the block.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

oh ok, thanks Thai

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

oh ok, thanks Thai

Yeah, I was at my Mom's house watching today and she doesn't have HD (but has a huge 60 inch screen) and I thought it was Reed too.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

oh ok, thanks Thai

Yeah, I was at my Mom's house watching today and she doesn't have HD (but has a huge 60 inch screen) and I thought it was Reed too.
I couldn't tell who it was even on replays. Woz said it was on Sudberg the LS but when we learned he had a broken arm we game him a pass.

No excuse for Wilson to miss a block though

Blknite01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few good S options there in the 2nd of next years draft, as well as ILB, and CB. It's a pretty deep Secondary Class, which may be one of our focuses next draft.

If Gomes continues his development it will certainly help that though, not to mention Jason McCourty, Jarius Byrd, Kenny Phillips, Aqib Talib, and Tracey Porter will all be FA as of now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: