Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
So, a former colleague of mine's dad told said colleague that this is what he should do his first day as a substitute teacher:

"Go out to the pound and get the cutest ragamuffin puppy you can find. Bring him in to class in a box and let all the kids see him.

Take him out of box and put him down about ten feet away and tell the kids that he knows a couple of tricks.

Call the puppy to "come" to you.

Repeat the command.

Get a little angry, and tell the puppy you'll give him to the count of three to come to you.

Repeat the command. Firmly state "That's one."

Repeat two more times.

On the third time, go over, pick up the puppy, and break its neck.

As all of the kids start crying out, turn to them and say "That's one!"

You'll have no discipline problems at all."

I mention that story, because ...

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I just checked and I work until 1:30 next Sunday. This means I'll miss the first quarter and maybe some of the second. Fortunately, I'll be able to watch the second half of Robert Griffin's regular season debut. Very Happy

Redskins24-7's fanhood: That's one!

Huh? Are you saying you're going to break my neck or something? Laughing It's not like I chose to work on Sunday!

No, but I may require your Redskins Fan Club membership card in the near future.

By the way, I am a bit psychic and I'm seeing a vision of you late Thursday, early Friday: you don't look so good ... kind of pale ... sweaty. Are you sure you're not coming down with something? Wink Laughing

My Mom has a cold right now. If I catch it by then, I'm going to blame you, Woz. Laughing Oh, and a measly cold isn't stopping me from getting paid. Wink
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
So, a former colleague of mine's dad told said colleague that this is what he should do his first day as a substitute teacher:

"Go out to the pound and get the cutest ragamuffin puppy you can find. Bring him in to class in a box and let all the kids see him.

Take him out of box and put him down about ten feet away and tell the kids that he knows a couple of tricks.

Call the puppy to "come" to you.

Repeat the command.

Get a little angry, and tell the puppy you'll give him to the count of three to come to you.

Repeat the command. Firmly state "That's one."

Repeat two more times.

On the third time, go over, pick up the puppy, and break its neck.

As all of the kids start crying out, turn to them and say "That's one!"

You'll have no discipline problems at all."

I mention that story, because ...

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I just checked and I work until 1:30 next Sunday. This means I'll miss the first quarter and maybe some of the second. Fortunately, I'll be able to watch the second half of Robert Griffin's regular season debut. Very Happy

Redskins24-7's fanhood: That's one!

Huh? Are you saying you're going to break my neck or something? Laughing It's not like I chose to work on Sunday!

No, but I may require your Redskins Fan Club membership card in the near future.

By the way, I am a bit psychic and I'm seeing a vision of you late Thursday, early Friday: you don't look so good ... kind of pale ... sweaty. Are you sure you're not coming down with something? Wink Laughing

My Mom has a cold right now. If I catch it by then, I'm going to blame you, Woz. Laughing Oh, and a measly cold isn't stopping me from getting paid. Wink

Are you sure? I mean, I think that getting your feet propped up in front of the couch, some home-cooked, comfort food (nachos, perhaps?), and a tall glass of orange juice (what's in the OJ, if anything, is your business Wink ) while you heal up on Sunday ... it would be a good idea right instead of making your customers run away from you due to the fact you look like death warmed over, right?
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Are you sure? I mean, I think that getting your feet propped up in front of the couch, some home-cooked, comfort food (nachos, perhaps?), and a tall glass of orange juice (what's in the OJ, if anything, is your business Wink ) while you heal up on Sunday ... it would be a good idea right instead of making your customers run away from you due to the fact you look like death warmed over, right?

Well... I am off Saturday. I guess, in theory, that's possible. Laughing I'm not off this Saturday (today) though. Why else would I be up at this hour? Wink And I like my OJ with no pulp. Please, and thank you! And did I even mention where I worked before? I honestly don't remember. Embarassed
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Well... I am off Saturday. I guess, in theory, that's possible. Laughing I'm not off this Saturday (today) though. Why else would I be up at this hour? Wink And I like my OJ with no pulp. Please, and thank you! And did I even mention where I worked before? I honestly don't remember. Embarassed

Nope, but I figure you left it out intentionally. Probably a good idea to not mention it.
doomer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah mah gaad, football in one week! Cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomer wrote:
ah mah gaad, football in one week! Cool

Indeed. All is right in the world.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, how many deep shots will be called in the first 15 plays? The first game can be a showcase and if you show teams you will challenge them, there will be a lot of room for RGIII to work with.

Over/Under 3
doomer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Alright, how many deep shots will be called in the first 15 plays? The first game can be a showcase and if you show teams you will challenge them, there will be a lot of room for RGIII to work with.

Over/Under 3

Define deep. 20+ yards? I'd take the over. Brees will FOR SURE test out the secondary early. Saints secondary is mediocre so the Skins will too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomer wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Over/Under 3

Define deep. 20+ yards? I'd take the over. Brees will FOR SURE test out the secondary early. Saints secondary is mediocre so the Skins will too.
First 15 plays? I say under. During the game I'd say more than 3 deep shots but not in the first 15 plays
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theyre showing the game on tv where I am!!!.Whooo! I dont have to waste all my money at the bar. Although I'll only be watching the game with my gf,I am breaking out B&G streamers,Redskins snack helmet Cool ,all the appetizers,skins novelties and plenty of beer!!!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theyre showing the game on tv where I am!!!.Whooo! I dont have to waste all my money at the bar. Although I'll only be watching the game with my gf,I am breaking out B&G streamers,Redskins snack helmet Cool ,all the appetizers,skins novelties and plenty of beer!!!

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
You know, you can go to a bar, eat a sandwich and drink one or 2 beers and water the rest of the time. Wink

Anyways, that's cool that the game is on down there in Fl. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blknite01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth, I requested the 9th off 2 months ago.

You could of done the same!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
You know, you can go to a bar, eat a sandwich and drink one or 2 beers and water the rest of the time. Wink

Anyways, that's cool that the game is on down there in Fl. Cool

The only sandwich I'll be having is a victory beer sandwich. Laughing

mike23md on the sig
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blknite01 wrote:
For what its worth, I requested the 9th off 2 months ago.

You could of done the same!

I'm far too incompetent/lazy to do that! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 3 of 39

Jump to: