Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Momaster wrote:
I can see the Saints O easily abusing the Skins db's leading to points early and often. When the Saints have an opponent down they go for the kill as opposed to letting up. I see this one going 42-17 for the Saints as they come into this season witha chip on their shoulders due to bountygate and looking to make folks pay.

lmao I think the Saints will win but they're not scoring 42 points on this defense.
"if" they could block our front 4/5 they can. Our secondary is likely oing to get touched if we can't provide pressure.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Momaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tanard Jackson is out so a sketchy db situation just got worse.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momaster wrote:

Yeah but our bread and butter is our front 7.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Almm24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31-17 Saints win.

Brees lights up our secondary and our offense will struggle with this being RG3's 1st real game in the NFL.
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised only one guy mentioned that this is the first game without Sean Payton. They could plan all they want come next Sunday when the bullets are flying its not going to be easy without the head coach. Plus our front 7 will stop their run game and get pressure on Brees. Plus no one really knows what were going to run with RG3. Let's hope this is true, lol

Skins 27
Saints 23[/list]
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Saints in pre-season and they looked just as good on offense as they where last year. I dont think we will win but if we did this would be an huge upset.

How about .

20-16 Saints . I think the score would be like that for a couple goaline stands we will have and Skins moving the ball nicely but dont finish in the endzone. Brees has always thrown an INT against us and I think our D can do decent against him.

We need to sign a FS before the game how ever.
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momaster wrote:

And this is what happens when you don't make reasonable moves at a position of dire need. If Laron Landry plays the whole season I'm going to be royally pissed that we let him walk for Tanard Jackson and Brandon Meriweather. Reed Doughty will be starting again this season, unbelievable....
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Momaster wrote:

And this is what happens when you don't make reasonable moves at a position of dire need. If Laron Landry plays the whole season I'm going to be royally pissed that we let him walk for Tanard Jackson and Brandon Meriweather. Reed Doughty will be starting again this season, unbelievable....

Maybe if you paid Laron a few million on the side he would have stayed. We couldn't afford it.
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Momaster wrote:

Maybe if you paid Laron a few million on the side he would have stayed. We couldn't afford it.

We couldn't afford it? He signed an average contract with the Jets, nothing major. We offered nothing because he wouldn't get surgery, they had more than enough to pay him. I don't blame them due to the uncertainty of the injury but if he plays great in New York we are going to look very foolish after this bonehead mistake by Tanard.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and I work until 1:30 next Sunday. This means I'll miss the first quarter and maybe some of the second. Fortunately, I'll be able to watch the second half of Robert Griffin's regular season debut. Very Happy
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Momaster wrote:

We couldn't afford it? He signed an average contract with the Jets, nothing major. We offered nothing because he wouldn't get surgery, they had more than enough to pay him. I don't blame them due to the uncertainty of the injury but if he plays great in New York we are going to look very foolish after this bonehead mistake by Tanard.

I still say we couldn't afford it... especially not to an injury prone player who as you said refused to get surgery. I don't think he would have signed here for $4 million anyway! He didn't like our doctors, etc...

Not that I even care about LL anymore but this says his deal was 1 year - $4 million... Actually it says we preferred Merriweather (we signed him cheaper-- for 2yr $6million)

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7710169/2012-nfl-free-agency-new-york-jets-laron-landry-agree-one-year-deal
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, a former colleague of mine's dad told said colleague that this is what he should do his first day as a substitute teacher:

"Go out to the pound and get the cutest ragamuffin puppy you can find. Bring him in to class in a box and let all the kids see him.

Take him out of box and put him down about ten feet away and tell the kids that he knows a couple of tricks.

Call the puppy to "come" to you.

Repeat the command.

Get a little angry, and tell the puppy you'll give him to the count of three to come to you.

Repeat the command. Firmly state "That's one."

Repeat two more times.

On the third time, go over, pick up the puppy, and break its neck.

As all of the kids start crying out, turn to them and say "That's one!"

You'll have no discipline problems at all."

I mention that story, because ...

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I just checked and I work until 1:30 next Sunday. This means I'll miss the first quarter and maybe some of the second. Fortunately, I'll be able to watch the second half of Robert Griffin's regular season debut. Very Happy

Redskins24-7's fanhood: That's one!
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
So, a former colleague of mine's dad told said colleague that this is what he should do his first day as a substitute teacher:

"Go out to the pound and get the cutest ragamuffin puppy you can find. Bring him in to class in a box and let all the kids see him.

Take him out of box and put him down about ten feet away and tell the kids that he knows a couple of tricks.

Repeat the command.

Get a little angry, and tell the puppy you'll give him to the count of three to come to you.

Repeat two more times.

Redskins24-7 wrote:

Huh? Are you saying you're going to break my neck or something? Laughing It's not like I chose to work on Sunday!
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Momaster wrote:

We shouldnt have kept Laron Landry, he won't be healthy, especially playing on turf for most of his games.

What we should have done was drafted Brandon Taylor round 3 and Bobbie Massie round 4. Oh well, can't change that now. We'll be ok

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Repeat the command.

Repeat two more times.

Redskins24-7 wrote:

Huh? Are you saying you're going to break my neck or something? Laughing It's not like I chose to work on Sunday!

No, but I may require your Redskins Fan Club membership card in the near future.

By the way, I am a bit psychic and I'm seeing a vision of you late Thursday, early Friday: you don't look so good ... kind of pale ... sweaty. Are you sure you're not coming down with something? Wink Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: