Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Ivory to the Lions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Trade Ivory to the Lions? Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/report-lions-trying-to-trade-for-running-back/
Quote:
The news suggests that the Lions donít have any interest in running backs on the open market like Kahlil Bell and Ryan Grant, although Mayhew may be pursuing multiple avenues in hopes of getting another body onto the roster. Names like Knowshon Moreno and Chris Ivory come to mind as trade options since they appear to have fallen out of favor in Denver and New Orleans, respectively. Some Lions fans will likely want to add Maurice Jones-Drew to the list, but thereís no sign that the Jaguars are planning to deal him.

They were talking about this in the Lions forum to. The Lions are actively searching out trades for a RB since they are so banged up. There was another article on NFL.com (can't find it at the moment) where a writer listed Ivory as the most likely RB to be traded to the Lions because of the Saints depth and the emergence of Cadet.

What would you guys expect/want for Ivory? The fans in the Lions forum really like him and a lot of them agree that an Ivory for Lawrence Jackson swap would be great for both teams. The Lions are stacked at DE, and Jackson doesn't fit into their long term plans. They need a RB, and Ivory would fit well with them. For us, getting Jackson would give Spags another weapon along the D Line. Jackson has posted good numbers the past three years, and most importantly he is still very young. What do you guys think?

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 15 cat 244 yds 1 TD
S Rafael Bush 27 tak 0 INT 2 PD
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly take that! Can't go wrong with additional DLine depth, plus Ivory has had a nasty case of fumblitis all offseason according to everyone on the Saints staff. Keep Cadet and get something for Ivory while he still has value.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Brees and Chris Ivory for all of their draft picks next year, plus Stafford, Megatron, Suh, and Avril.

In reality, though, i think giving them Ivory and a mid-round pick or maybe even our 2nd for Stephen Tulloch would be fair.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Drew Brees and Chris Ivory for all of their draft picks next year, plus Stafford, Megatron, Suh, and Avril.

In reality, though, i think giving them Ivory and a mid-round pick or maybe even our 2nd for Stephen Tulloch would be fair.
I don't think they are interested in trading Tulloch. They have some younger DEs who they think will replace Jackson, which is why they are open to trading him. They are a little thin at LB.

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 15 cat 244 yds 1 TD
S Rafael Bush 27 tak 0 INT 2 PD
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:

We don't have a 2nd...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good trade to me. The Lions have a pretty good OLine and Ivory would have a legitimate chance to start until Best gets back (if/when that happens). Win-win for both teams.

^NS922 on the sig^
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade Chris Ivory we'll likely get a 6th-7th round pick for him.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
If we trade Chris Ivory we'll likely get a 6th-7th round pick for him.

We'll likely get better value if we trade him for another player.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is worth trading Ivory, the way I see it we have 2 types of running back:

the pass catching nifty back (Sproles, Cadet and Thomas)
and
the standard hard running back (Ingram, Ivory)

to get the best out of the first 3 we need the last 2 to give us the extra dimension to our offence, and if Ingram goes down injured again I don't think I'd want to see Cadet, Thomas or Sproles grinding out yards the same way Ingram and Ivory need to.

For the 2012 season Cadet is the least valuable in my opinion, but going forward he is an ideal replacement for Thomas or Sproles so we need to keep him.
Honalulufan20

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Tulloch is arguably the most valuable player on our defense, so trading him for Ivory and a 2nd would be a terrible decision for us.

Even trading Jackson for Ivory seems like a bad deal for us considering Avrils contract situation.

A 6th or 7th or even possibly as high as a 5th is more likely and probably most desirable for us and also more likely.

However, we aren't really looking for a power back that can gain tough yards, we have that in Leshoure and to some extent, Kevin Smith. What we really need is somebody who can fill Jahvid Bests role of being a home run hitter who is also a capable receiver out of the backfield. I havent seen very much o the saints preseason games (other than the first half of the HOF game) so I don't know which players on your roster could do that. If Cadet is that type of homerun hitter, than I think he would be the most likely runner that we trade for, and I could probably see him getting a similar value that Ivory would.

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honalulufan20 wrote:
Stephen Tulloch is arguably the most valuable player on our defense, so trading him for Ivory and a 2nd would be a terrible decision for us.

Even trading Jackson for Ivory seems like a bad deal for us considering Avrils contract situation.

A 6th or 7th or even possibly as high as a 5th is more likely and probably most desirable for us and also more likely.

However, we aren't really looking for a power back that can gain tough yards, we have that in Leshoure and to some extent, Kevin Smith. What we really need is somebody who can fill Jahvid Bests role of being a home run hitter who is also a capable receiver out of the backfield. I havent seen very much o the saints preseason games (other than the first half of the HOF game) so I don't know which players on your roster could do that. If Cadet is that type of homerun hitter, than I think he would be the most likely runner that we trade for, and I could probably see him getting a similar value that Ivory would.

I highly doubt the team is interested in trading Cadet. He's shown potential to be Sproles' replacement, and Sproles isn't all that young anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loins are one of the few teams I wouldn't trade him to in the NFC. We're just making their offense more complete, and that is something I don't think we would want to deal with if we face them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: