Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Comparison - Past 3 Years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Offensive Comparison - Past 3 Years Reply with quote

Thought I would go back and compare our current offense against one of the worst we have ever seen 2011, along with one of the better offenses in recent year in 2010.

One of the interesting facts is that right now we are currently worse at 3rd down conversion than we were last year. Granted this is if we continue at this current rate.

Not surprisingly is that we have already score 4 more TD's than all of last year. We are on pace for 54 which is 16 more than 2010.

However, Freeman is looking to have his worse completion %, while on pace to break 4k with a 34/11.

I think everyone expected the stats from Martin and shouldn't need much explanation. He is looking to break Cadillac's rookie record of 1307 by around 300 yards.

Not sure how much discussion this will start but didn't feel like this belonged in any other thread that was up at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love, love, love looking at Martin's numbers. Always loved a sick running game. Being physically able to dominate an opponent and push the ball down their throats is great for the team mentally and physically let's the defense rest. Thing with good running teams is they usually lack in the passing game. That's where we are not the norm. Freeman's big arm paired up with Jackson and Williams give us one of the better receiver pairs in the NFL. Freeman completion percentage may be down, the reason being we are taking so many deep shots. Obviously it's harder to hit a 30-40 yard fly opposed to a slant.

We need defensive help at least secondary help in the worst way but I'm not opposed to adding a te and or slot wr this upcoming draft. Keep giving weapons to Freeman like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan have and sky's the limit.

Good job putting the numbers together YB15!

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best offense we've fielded in franchise history. It's gotta be. We're nineth in total yards per game and fourth in scoring (off the top of my head). Shocked
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its so refreshing to know that if we get down by double digits that we arent out of it...for years if we didnt keep it close or grab the lead then we were screwed.

This team is like nothing we've ever seen and should be able to produce at this level for atleast another 4 years.

We'll have to find a replacement for V-Jax in 4 years, but even then Freeman will be a whopping 28 years old LOL

I think the funniest thing is I got an email for tickets from Buccaneers.com, and it said..."Come Watch the Buccaneers Explosive Offense"....just made me think, I would have never guessed us EVER having that headline lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind Freeman's lower completion %. Instead of being a checkdown machine he is taking shots, and with our wideouts I trust them to win any jumpball.

In terms of Martin, wow. On pace for 1600 yards? That's incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that our offense is on pace for almost 6,000 yards. That's remarkable.

Thanks for the breakdown, YB15.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: