Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cuts / Signings / Practice Squad / Retirements?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavydan85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Heavydan85 wrote:
Did Dale Moss sign to your Practice Squad?

Looks like it.

Jealous, kid is a freak athlete.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool for the sig
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
I find this baffling that they cut players who looked like they were playing very well and had strong upside, such as DE E. J Wilson, S Sean Baker, WR Tiquan Underwood and WR Jordan Shipley. But, who did they keep, WR Sammie Stroughter, CB Brandon McDonald and CB Myron Lewis, how does that make any sense? Brick wall

It's retarded. Classic mark d

Yes, classic Mark D silliness, making decisions to make the team better as a guy who has seen them practice and surely has reports from coaches, tape from practice and games, interviews, etc.

I bet we know better than him!

RoeKG,

Honestly, the reason Lewis is being kept is that he is a 3rd round pick with a ton of talent and potential, and has been limited to injury.

Giving up on Lewis right now, would be too soon because he's still at the point he can develop into a solid player or more. Schiano saw it in practice. So did Dom. They think they can translate that play into games with more repitition.

Is it Dumb? Maybe. Dom has made his fair share of mistakes, but you don't 100% give up on guys after 2 years. I've seen so many fans on the radio call for Arrellios Benn's dismissal.

If this were next year, and all these players going into there 4th season, such as Lewis were struggling, then it's a different story, but I think 3 years is a better evaluation. However, it is tough because they never really developed under Raheem and his goons, who weren't worthy of NFL positions.

Lets just say this: If the 2010 class is a bust and so is Freeman, we will be firing Dominik this year. No doubt about it.

2009:
Freeman- Jury still out.
2nd (trade for winslow)- Fail.
Roy Miller- Looks a lot better in 2012, but still in limbo. Could turn into a solid selection.

2010:
-McCoy: Has been disruptive when on the field, but is constantly injured. I still think he'd benefit from a better DT next to him who can take on Double teams.
- Price: Had a rare injury. Struggled to stay on the field full -time starter. Led to a trade. Tough start to this young man's career.
- Benn: Love the talent, but the jury is still out. Has tremendous upside though.
- Lewis: BIG QUESTION MARKS with play on the field. Has flashed the talent in practice against V-Jax, but need to see ito n the field.
- Mike Williams: 1 great year and 1 bad. Probably will benefit from being the #2. I think this has been the best pick by far in 2010 so far.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears cut Price. Can we bring him back? Laughing
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale Moss is a local boy! And a athletic freak, I like him on the practice squad, I'd like to see what he can do. Saw the bears released Brian Price, That dude has some crap luck, wish him the best wherever he lands....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
I find this baffling that they cut players who looked like they were playing very well and had strong upside, such as DE E. J Wilson, S Sean Baker, WR Tiquan Underwood and WR Jordan Shipley. But, who did they keep, WR Sammie Stroughter, CB Brandon McDonald and CB Myron Lewis, how does that make any sense? Brick wall

Yes, classic Mark D silliness, making decisions to make the team better as a guy who has seen them practice and surely has reports from coaches, tape from practice and games, interviews, etc.

RoeKG,

Honestly, the reason Lewis is being kept is that he is a 3rd round pick with a ton of talent and potential, and has been limited to injury.

Giving up on Lewis right now, would be too soon because he's still at the point he can develop into a solid player or more. Schiano saw it in practice. So did Dom. They think they can translate that play into games with more repitition.

Is it Dumb? Maybe. Dom has made his fair share of mistakes, but you don't 100% give up on guys after 2 years. I've seen so many fans on the radio call for Arrellios Benn's dismissal.

If this were next year, and all these players going into there 4th season, such as Lewis were struggling, then it's a different story, but I think 3 years is a better evaluation. However, it is tough because they never really developed under Raheem and his goons, who weren't worthy of NFL positions.

Lets just say this: If the 2010 class is a bust and so is Freeman, we will be firing Dominik this year. No doubt about it.

2009:
Freeman- Jury still out.
Roy Miller- Looks a lot better in 2012, but still in limbo. Could turn into a solid selection.

2010:
-McCoy: Has been disruptive when on the field, but is constantly injured. I still think he'd benefit from a better DT next to him who can take on Double teams.
- Price: Had a rare injury. Struggled to stay on the field full -time starter. Led to a trade. Tough start to this young man's career.
- Benn: Love the talent, but the jury is still out. Has tremendous upside though.
- Lewis: BIG QUESTION MARKS with play on the field. Has flashed the talent in practice against V-Jax, but need to see ito n the field.
- Mike Williams: 1 great year and 1 bad. Probably will benefit from being the #2. I think this has been the best pick by far in 2010 so far.

You're not wrong about any of that, but what I think you may be overlooking is that if Myron Lewis is on the team, then the other options are worse. You know?

We can't sit here and say, "DOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" about cutting some player as opposed to another. We are very much in the dark about who is looking good this season. Plus I'm sure that Schiano and the other coaches help decide all this too, so it isn't all Dom.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also be that Coach Schiano sees Lewis as an eventual replacement for Barber at FS.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what the PS looks like right now.

Quote:
The Bucs have announced their practice squad - for now. It consists of linebackers Jacob Cutrera and J.K. Schaffer, wide receivers Bert Reed and Dale Moss, tight end Drake Dunsmore, defensive end Markus White and quarterback Adam Weber.

Not bad like seeing Reed, Moss and White. Curious to see what White is capable of, came out pretty raw but had the speed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:

RoeKG,

2009:
Freeman- Jury still out.

2010:

You're not wrong about any of that, but what I think you may be overlooking is that if Myron Lewis is on the team, then the other options are worse. You know?

We can't sit here and say, "DOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" about cutting some player as opposed to another. We are very much in the dark about who is looking good this season. Plus I'm sure that Schiano and the other coaches help decide all this too, so it isn't all Dom.

Yes that is true, but as I know you are aware, Schiano is not tied to the Draft Classes between 2009-2011. So, the way this business is, Dom will take the fall on those players and if they don't pan out.

I like Dominik and I believe rookie GM's usually make a lot of mistakes, but Dom has had Very Good and also bad decisions. I think he's going to be a good GM in this league, whether it's with the Bucs or someone else. But honestly, his job does ride on Freeman and the 2010 draft class.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:

RoeKG,

2009:
Freeman- Jury still out.

2010:

Yes that is true, but as I know you are aware, Schiano is not tied to the Draft Classes between 2009-2011. So, the way this business is, Dom will take the fall on those players and if they don't pan out.

I like Dominik and I believe rookie GM's usually make a lot of mistakes, but Dom has had Very Good and also bad decisions. I think he's going to be a good GM in this league, whether it's with the Bucs or someone else. But honestly, his job does ride on Freeman and the 2010 draft class.

A west coast scout got fired because of the Brian Price pick.
Seminolebuc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else hope we pick up Cliff Harris? He looked good in pre-season but was cut due to depth. I think he's a high reward low risk guy.

Props to Eggy
Adopt-a-Buc
Josh Freeman
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny is it that Price got cut to make room for Okoye? Laughing

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Hardmen was released today and signed cb Shaun McDonald again.

Makes me curious with 7 CBs on the roster I think there's a chance Talib or Wright might be facing a suspension by Goodell.

Also G Julian Vandervelde was signed to PS and Bert Reed released. Think Vanderverde ends up on the roster at some point soon.

Thoughts?
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Makes me curious with 7 CBs on the roster I think there's a chance Talib or Wright might be facing a suspension by Goodell.

Also G Julian Vandervelde was signed to PS and Bert Reed released. Think Vanderverde ends up on the roster at some point soon.

Thoughts?

I think that this is really strange, our Oline was already thin, now Hardman is gone? Don't know, could it be that they are going to wait until next week then sign a veteran Guard? That way they aren't locked into paying him for the full year if things with him don't work out. I'm just trying to make some sense out of this. Rolling Eyes
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Thoughts?

I think that this is really strange, our Oline was already thin, now Hardman is gone? Don't know, could it be that they are going to wait until next week then sign a veteran Guard? That way they aren't locked into paying him for the full year if things with him don't work out. I'm just trying to make some sense out of this. Rolling Eyes

Adding a 7th cb makes me think a suspension is looming for one if not both of our starting CBs. Adding Vanderverde is insurance for that oline depth to activate to the roster once suspension is up.

That's my take.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Thoughts?

Adding a 7th cb makes me think a suspension is looming for one if not both of our starting CBs. Adding Vanderverde is insurance for that oline depth to activate to the roster once suspension is up.

That's my take.

You know I wasnt worried about suspensions for either CB until you guys pointed this out. It is really odd that we have so many CBs on the roster and so few OL right now. I really hope a suspension does not go down last minute cuz if it does Cam will have a field day on our CBs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: