Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5348
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Keleth wrote:


Yer untried HC,unproven QB in waiting and a starting QB who appears past it.
What a dream scenario.


Did you just describe the San Francisco 49ers before Jim Harbaugh?

Raiders could be a better version. Vick before Chip Kelly >>>>> Alex Smith before Harbaugh

And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


List me the rest of the times it has succeeded ?
49ers before Harbaugh stands out for exactly the reason it is an incredibly rare event.
Oh you're talking about Kaepernick ?
He is coming into a settled team that has 1 of the best defenses to keep them in the game.


A good offensive line and the #2 rushing offense in the league doesnt hurt, either.

Pryor may be more gifted that Kap as far as speed or running ability goes, but thats about it. Kap is a better passer. He actually puts balls on target and shows good velocity- two things Pryor cannot do. He could refine his footwork, release, playbook knowledge, ability to read a defense, etc, but dont expect him to improve his accuracy enough to matter.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6471
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Keleth wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Keleth wrote:


Yer untried HC,unproven QB in waiting and a starting QB who appears past it.
What a dream scenario.


Did you just describe the San Francisco 49ers before Jim Harbaugh?

Raiders could be a better version. Vick before Chip Kelly >>>>> Alex Smith before Harbaugh

And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


List me the rest of the times it has succeeded ?
49ers before Harbaugh stands out for exactly the reason it is an incredibly rare event.
Oh you're talking about Kaepernick ?
He is coming into a settled team that has 1 of the best defenses to keep them in the game.


A good offensive line and the #2 rushing offense in the league doesnt hurt, either.

Pryor may be more gifted that Kap as far as speed or running ability goes, but thats about it. Kap is a better passer. He actually puts balls on target and shows good velocity- two things Pryor cannot do. He could refine his footwork, release, playbook knowledge, ability to read a defense, etc, but dont expect him to improve his accuracy enough to matter.


If he could put some zip on the ball, it'd go a long way to improving his accuracy. You have to Brees and Rivers like accuracy and touch to compensate for not having the strongest arm. I really wish Pryor could sling it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5125
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how this is 66 pages Laughing
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21104
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
I love how this is 66 pages Laughing


Best silversurfer thread ever. haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5348
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
I love how this is 66 pages Laughing


Best silversurfer thread ever. haha


LOL

Not only is it a silver_surfer thread, but its about how Pryor would have been a top-3 pick had he stayed in school this year.

Havent seen any posts from the surfer lately, I almost miss him.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Keleth wrote:


Yer untried HC,unproven QB in waiting and a starting QB who appears past it.
What a dream scenario.


Did you just describe the San Francisco 49ers before Jim Harbaugh?

Raiders could be a better version. Vick before Chip Kelly >>>>> Alex Smith before Harbaugh

And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


List me the rest of the times it has succeeded ?
49ers before Harbaugh stands out for exactly the reason it is an incredibly rare event.
Oh you're talking about Kaepernick ?
He is coming into a settled team that has 1 of the best defenses to keep them in the game.


Let's go in the same division and see the success of Pete Carroll right now with Russell Wilson

Let's look at the Tampa Bay Bucs and their rookie head coach Greg Schiano

People have a false sense about college coaches not having the ability to translate to the NFL because so many of the guys who tried had programs that were entirely impractical like Steve Spurrier and his 5 wide receiver sets

Chip Kelly has a run first offense with or without the zone read option. They also implement TEs and backs in the backfield in the passing game

It's no 5 wide insanity like Steve Spurrier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32161
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RunDmc23


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 234
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5348
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

Let's go in the same division and see the success of Pete Carroll right now with Russell Wilson

Let's look at the Tampa Bay Bucs and their rookie head coach Greg Schiano

People have a false sense about college coaches not having the ability to translate to the NFL because so many of the guys who tried had programs that were entirely impractical like Steve Spurrier and his 5 wide receiver sets

Chip Kelly has a run first offense with or without the zone read option. They also implement TEs and backs in the backfield in the passing game

It's no 5 wide insanity like Steve Spurrier


Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson also have a top defense and RB.

TB has a fairly established and talented QB, a great rookie RB, a couple good WRs and a pretty good defense.

Nobody is saying Chip Kelly wouldnt be a good NFL HC, we are saying an unproven HC with a QB like Vick who is past his prime, and a QB with zero passing ability waiting in the wings is not a recipe for success.

One misconception about Chip Kelly is that doesnt NEED a fast QB to run his offense. Before Mariota, he had Darron Thomas who was not a good runner. Thomas narrowly beat out Nate Costa a few years before, and he was even less of a runner. Kelly will adjust the offensive scheme based on his personnel like he has every season at Oregon. I think Kelly would be an awesome offensive play caller, and probably a good HC. But to think he would come to Oakland (assuming Allen even gets fired) is a pipe dream. He will be the most caught-after HC whenever he chooses to leave the college ranks. Teams will be lining up to hire him, theres no way he comes to this mess of a team.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32161
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!


So....Kaepernick is much better at the 2 most important traits of a good QB? Laughing

Kaep has better mechanics and is probably smarter while we're at it.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5348
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!


So....Kaepernick is much better at the 2 most important traits of a good QB? Laughing

Kaep has better mechanics and is probably smarter while we're at it.


But he has lots of tattoos so he cant be a good role model.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos-writer-column-paints-as-a-bad-guy-113012
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11529
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!


So....Kaepernick is much better at the 2 most important traits of a good QB? Laughing

Kaep has better mechanics and is probably smarter while we're at it.


But he has lots of tattoos so he cant be a good role model.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos-writer-column-paints-as-a-bad-guy-113012


Tattoos he paid for.............















Sorry, had to Smile
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!


So....Kaepernick is much better at the 2 most important traits of a good QB? Laughing

Kaep has better mechanics and is probably smarter while we're at it.


In all honesty....Kaep had worse maechanics than Pryor (slightly) coming out of Nevada. Harbaugh has done a tremendous job with him. You could make the argument that Pryor was "as accurate" as Kaep coming out of college. Kaep made more WOW throws, but he would have some Russell esque misfires.

Kaep is indeed smarter. But the one major difference between these two as prospects was arm strength. Thats it.

Credit to Harbaugh for developing Kaep. Though it helps to have the foundation already (arm strength)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5348
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!


So....Kaepernick is much better at the 2 most important traits of a good QB? Laughing

Kaep has better mechanics and is probably smarter while we're at it.


But he has lots of tattoos so he cant be a good role model.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos-writer-column-paints-as-a-bad-guy-113012


Tattoos he paid for.............















Sorry, had to Smile


Laughing
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5466
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


Laughing

How do you figure?


He is no doubt about that only think kap has is the accuarcy and arm strength.. pryor needs to get switched to the tight end just sayin. we need a stand tall in the pocket passer he is probably still in middle school right now but hey haha.. Clowney next year please!!


So....Kaepernick is much better at the 2 most important traits of a good QB? Laughing

Kaep has better mechanics and is probably smarter while we're at it.


In all honesty....Kaep had worse maechanics than Pryor (slightly) coming out of Nevada. Harbaugh has done a tremendous job with him. You could make the argument that Pryor was "as accurate" as Kaep coming out of college. Kaep made more WOW throws, but he would have some Russell esque misfires.

Kaep is indeed smarter. But the one major difference between these two as prospects was arm strength. Thats it.

Credit to Harbaugh for developing Kaep. Though it helps to have the foundation already (arm strength)


Stop this blasphemy. ESPN's Sports Science tests Kaepernick's accuracy
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 66 of 98

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group