Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32834
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
there's no better option and not only that the guy has proven to be a good QB in this league that can win games, we shouldn't just let him walk if we plan on competing in the near future. If we replace him this year we'd be taking a significant downgrade, Sure there are some QB's that can be good in this draft down the road, but I think all of them need some time to sit and learn for a little bit.


I don't have much expectations for this QB draft class and i'm not saying we should draft one of them.
What i'd do is get rid of Palmer, McFadden, Seymour, Kelly, McClain and Huff this offseason to open cap room and clear the books for the future. Sign some FAs to be part of the re-building process to reasonable contracts (Matt Moore, Andy Levitre, Terrance Knighton/Sammie Lee Hill ...) and focus our draft on adding to the defense or the oline.
Ask the QB to manage the game and use all the resources available to improve the running game and the defense. Try to win ugly for now.


Sounds like a plan.


Where's the part where we fire Knapp??


You didn't get the memo? Tarring and feathering is on january 1st. Be there.


Is it followed by a public stoning?
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14167
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^It might. Depends on the hangover.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:


Yer untried HC,unproven QB in waiting and a starting QB who appears past it.
What a dream scenario.


Did you just describe the San Francisco 49ers before Jim Harbaugh?

Raiders could be a better version. Vick before Chip Kelly >>>>> Alex Smith before Harbaugh

And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 2919
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Keleth wrote:


Yer untried HC,unproven QB in waiting and a starting QB who appears past it.
What a dream scenario.


Did you just describe the San Francisco 49ers before Jim Harbaugh?

Raiders could be a better version. Vick before Chip Kelly >>>>> Alex Smith before Harbaugh

And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


As an athlete, yes, TP is more gifted. But Im sure sure he's as bright as Kaepernick...and the most important thing is that Kaepernick has a MUCH better arm.

I've started drinking early, but your 2013 Raiders idea doesnt sound like a bad idea. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11912
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


He might have a faster 40 time so if that's all you're referencing, you're right but if it's more.... I can't agree.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10065
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Allen wrote:
On if Terrelle Pryor could see a start: I think the biggest thing is, is start getting him into the game a little bit and let him see a little game action. Im not ready to say that he would be a starter. I think Carson [Palmer], obviously hes made a couple mistakes the last couple of weeks, but yet, Carson has been one of the reasons why, specifically earlier in the year, why we had a chance in certain games. Im not down on Carson at all. Obviously we want to see some of these younger guys play.

_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S


Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3716
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Quote:
On if Terrelle Pryor could see a start: I think the biggest thing is, is start getting him into the game a little bit and let him see a little game action. Im not ready to say that he would be a starter. I think Carson [Palmer], obviously hes made a couple mistakes the last couple of weeks, but yet, Carson has been one of the reasons why, specifically earlier in the year, why we had a chance in certain games. Im not down on Carson at all. Obviously we want to see some of these younger guys play.
Is that coach allen or McKenzie?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10065
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Allen wrote:
On having patience through this season: I think all of us, as competitors, we want to win. And thats what its all about. But I also understand, and Ive got a big picture view of what I want this football team to look like. Reggie [McKenzie] and I have talked about it. We knew what we were dealing with when we came here. We knew that we had some depth issues on the roster and we couldnt sustain a lot of injuries. Weve sustained some injuries in a few spots, but we all want to win and I understand that. I want to win now, but Im looking at the long-term future of this team and weve got to prepare for the future.

On how long he thinks it will take to get the ideal roster: I wouldnt put a time frame on it. Its going to take time. It doesnt happen with one decision; its an accumulation of decision made over time that gets everything to be exactly how you want it.

_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10065
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Quote:
On if Terrelle Pryor could see a start: I think the biggest thing is, is start getting him into the game a little bit and let him see a little game action. Im not ready to say that he would be a starter. I think Carson [Palmer], obviously hes made a couple mistakes the last couple of weeks, but yet, Carson has been one of the reasons why, specifically earlier in the year, why we had a chance in certain games. Im not down on Carson at all. Obviously we want to see some of these younger guys play.
Is that coach allen or McKenzie?


Sorry about that, it's Allen
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


He might have a faster 40 time so if that's all you're referencing, you're right but if it's more.... I can't agree.


Well Kaepernick may have the edge in arm strength

But point is look at Alex Smith before Jim Harbaugh. A complete bust.

Alex Smith 2005-2010
19-31 record (.380)
51 TDs 53 INTs
53 total TDs 69 total turnovers
57.1 comp percentage
72.1 passer rating

57th in passer rating (72.1)
27th in passing yards (9,399)
28th in passing touchdowns (51)
(Michael Vick was higher than Alex Smith and
he missed 3 years as a starter because of prison!)

29th in total touchdowns (53) (even Vince Young was higher!)
26th in total yards (9849
(Michael Vick was again higher despite missing
3 years as a starter)



An innovative mind like Chip Kelly could get 2010 production out of Vick for 3-5 years by comparison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10065
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen is staying. No point in talking about Chip Kelly.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mozwanted


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 16987
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theirs only one problem. The guy is one of the dumbest guys in nfl. How is he supposed to succeed as a QB in the NFL with a brain size of a walnut?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 756
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dennis Allen wrote:
On having patience through this season: I think all of us, as competitors, we want to win. And thats what its all about. But I also understand, and Ive got a big picture view of what I want this football team to look like. Reggie [McKenzie] and I have talked about it. We knew what we were dealing with when we came here. We knew that we had some depth issues on the roster and we couldnt sustain a lot of injuries. Weve sustained some injuries in a few spots, but we all want to win and I understand that. I want to win now, but Im looking at the long-term future of this team and weve got to prepare for the future.

On how long he thinks it will take to get the ideal roster: I wouldnt put a time frame on it. Its going to take time. It doesnt happen with one decision; its an accumulation of decision made over time that gets everything to be exactly how you want it.


I know and understand that both reggie and allen were put in brutal spots with this team. But am i the only one who thinks it is brutal of a coach to come out and say this.
I just think it looks like he is making excuses
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21406
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dennis Allen wrote:
On having patience through this season: I think all of us, as competitors, we want to win. And thats what its all about. But I also understand, and Ive got a big picture view of what I want this football team to look like. Reggie [McKenzie] and I have talked about it. We knew what we were dealing with when we came here. We knew that we had some depth issues on the roster and we couldnt sustain a lot of injuries. Weve sustained some injuries in a few spots, but we all want to win and I understand that. I want to win now, but Im looking at the long-term future of this team and weve got to prepare for the future.

On how long he thinks it will take to get the ideal roster: I wouldnt put a time frame on it. Its going to take time. It doesnt happen with one decision; its an accumulation of decision made over time that gets everything to be exactly how you want it.


I know and understand that both reggie and allen were put in brutal spots with this team. But am i the only one who thinks it is brutal of a coach to come out and say this.
I just think it looks like he is making excuses


Maybe. I need to hear how the reporter asked the question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keleth


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 2874
Location: Restaurant at the end of the universe
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Keleth wrote:


Yer untried HC,unproven QB in waiting and a starting QB who appears past it.
What a dream scenario.


Did you just describe the San Francisco 49ers before Jim Harbaugh?

Raiders could be a better version. Vick before Chip Kelly >>>>> Alex Smith before Harbaugh

And Terrelle Pryor is a more physically gifted version of Kaepernick


List me the rest of the times it has succeeded ?
49ers before Harbaugh stands out for exactly the reason it is an incredibly rare event.
Oh you're talking about Kaepernick ?
He is coming into a settled team that has 1 of the best defenses to keep them in the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 65 of 98

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group