Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

This. And let me ask you this. Should a 10 year vet pretty much know this. And know he has to put some kind of points up when he is in that territory.

ALL QBS MAKE THESE MISTAKES

I cannot emphasize this enough.....

True, they all do. Palmer is doing it a bit too much for it not to become a concern.

it is a concern but it's being blown out of proportion. A handful misthrows a game is what I'm seeing. At times more, at times less. I'm also not seeing a whole lot of help at times. Some times he has all he needs in terms of help but most of the time, he does not. When you're asked to do everything, these types of things will happen more frequently. I don't need to tell you that. Some people though are forgetting this.

Imo, that's a concern we shouldn't have if we are about to pay him 13M next season. It's not his fault that he's paid so much but that's the reality of the situation.

Well, question, should the Saints pay Brees that salary after his struggles this year?

I haven't watched enough of the Saints to give you an answer to that but i'd probably be willing to give Palmer a pass if he had achieved half of what Brees did in the last 5 years.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
I would have gave him the Falcons as a decent game if he didnt(as usual) throw a pick at the worse possible time.

So one mistake renders the entire game as bad. Yeah, there's no bias here.

we only had 13 points at the time of the mistake. Lets not act like he was having some great game before the mistake happen. What are you talking about. What was his stats before the pick. He wasnt great in that game until his last drive after his pick.

So all 13 points... or lack there of, are all on him? No one else??

See How did Palmer play. Same responses. Its a simple question. How did Palmer play?

IMO, he played adequate. All QBs are going to throw an INT, it's part of the game. Manning threw one in the redzone as well last night.

The fumble was not his fault. That's his garbage RT which there is no solution for (problem all season). And typical, the WRs can't catch the ball. Drop after drop. And when he make 1 good play, it's negated by an offsides or a holding call. This of course when he is actually given time to throw which is rare.

I was talking about the Falcon game. I thought Palmer was slightly above average in the Falcons game and in the Broncos game. Not good an either.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Yep. Palmer is 26th with a QBR of 44. Ouch.

That site also ranks Chad Pennington's 2008 season with Miami as the 10th-best all time. I dont put any stock into that number.

Its all based on "expected" points per rush attempt and pass attempt and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
And this leads me to my next point. We know Palmer isnt that type of QB and we know barring some miracle we will need more than one offseason to not suck. So why commit 20+ mill to Palmer next year?

Probably because there wont be any better options. I have a feeling they will ask him to restructure or take a paycut somehow, and he will do it. The only question would be how much. If he wont take a cut, then they'll probably show him the door.

He isnt taking a pay cut. Would you after what he has been through this year. But seriously I dont know why people talk about pay cuts so much. Players do not take pay cuts usually when under contract. Especially as yall say players who have played good enough. There is no way he is taking a pay cut. He mat restructure but that would be just prolonging a problem and adding more money to the books like we did with Kelly this year.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
And this leads me to my next point. We know Palmer isnt that type of QB and we know barring some miracle we will need more than one offseason to not suck. So why commit 20+ mill to Palmer next year?

Probably because there wont be any better options. I have a feeling they will ask him to restructure or take a paycut somehow, and he will do it. The only question would be how much. If he wont take a cut, then they'll probably show him the door.

He isnt taking a pay cut. Would you after what he has been through this year. But seriously I dont know why people talk about pay cuts so much. Players do not take pay cuts usually when under contract. Especially as yall say players who have played good enough. There is no way he is taking a pay cut. He mat restructure but that would be just prolonging a problem and adding more money to the books like we did with Kelly this year.

Maybe. I just dont think a lot of other teams will show interest in him for anything other than a one year stop-gap. Most teams have their QB set, have their QBOTF, or have bad QBs with huge contracts that they cant ditch (AZ, KC, etc). I guess I'm confused about restructuring. I thought it took the same total amount of money, but strecthed it out over more years. So a 2 year $15M deal would become a 3 year $15M deal, meaning less money each year.

La_Vader wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Maybe. I just dont think a lot of other teams will show interest in him for anything other than a one year stop-gap. Most teams have their QB set, have their QBOTF, or have bad QBs with huge contracts that they cant ditch (AZ, KC, etc). I guess I'm confused about restructuring. I thought it took the same total amount of money, but strecthed it out over more years. So a 2 year $15M deal would become a 3 year $15M deal, meaning less money each year.

We still would have to pay him all that money though. So the money isnt going any where, just keeping dead money on the books longer.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

This. And let me ask you this. Should a 10 year vet pretty much know this. And know he has to put some kind of points up when he is in that territory.

ALL QBS MAKE THESE MISTAKES

I cannot emphasize this enough.....

True, they all do. Palmer is doing it a bit too much for it not to become a concern.

it is a concern but it's being blown out of proportion. A handful misthrows a game is what I'm seeing. At times more, at times less. I'm also not seeing a whole lot of help at times. Some times he has all he needs in terms of help but most of the time, he does not. When you're asked to do everything, these types of things will happen more frequently. I don't need to tell you that. Some people though are forgetting this.

Imo, that's a concern we shouldn't have if we are about to pay him 13M next season. It's not his fault that he's paid so much but that's the reality of the situation.

Well, question, should the Saints pay Brees that salary after his struggles this year?

I haven't watched enough of the Saints to give you an answer to that but i'd probably be willing to give Palmer a pass if he had achieved half of what Brees did in the last 5 years.

True, I think I should've said if he continues to struggle through next year, but point is, there's no better option and not only that the guy has proven to be a good QB in this league that can win games, we shouldn't just let him walk if we plan on competing in the near future. If we replace him this year we'd be taking a significant downgrade, Sure there are some QB's that can be good in this draft down the road, but I think all of them need some time to sit and learn for a little bit.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

We still would have to pay him all that money though. So the money isnt going any where, just keeping dead money on the books longer.

Right, but its a difference between paying $7.5M per year, or $5M per year. That frees up $2.5M this year to use elsewhere. As long as its a guy you want to keep around for the length of the new deal, it seems to make sense to me.

La_Vader wrote:
Django

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsherMathews
Terrelle Pryor will not be the future QB of Oakland, by the way. Not because he can't - no one knows that - but because Allen won't let him

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews
Terrelle Pryor will not be the future QB of Oakland, by the way. Not because he can't - no one knows that - but because Allen won't let him

SBreport ‏@SBreport
If Terrelle Pryor can't get on the field as bad as things are offensively, he probably should have already been cut.

SBreport ‏@SBreport
Doubt Terrelle Pryor can have a career in a conventional offense, and if coaches aren't interested in adjusting scheme, by all means sit him
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
there's no better option and not only that the guy has proven to be a good QB in this league that can win games, we shouldn't just let him walk if we plan on competing in the near future. If we replace him this year we'd be taking a significant downgrade, Sure there are some QB's that can be good in this draft down the road, but I think all of them need some time to sit and learn for a little bit.

I don't have much expectations for this QB draft class and i'm not saying we should draft one of them.
What i'd do is get rid of Palmer, McFadden, Seymour, Kelly, McClain and Huff this offseason to open cap room and clear the books for the future. Sign some FAs to be part of the re-building process to reasonable contracts (Matt Moore, Andy Levitre, Terrance Knighton/Sammie Lee Hill ...) and focus our draft on adding to the defense or the oline.
Ask the QB to manage the game and use all the resources available to improve the running game and the defense. Try to win ugly for now.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
there's no better option and not only that the guy has proven to be a good QB in this league that can win games, we shouldn't just let him walk if we plan on competing in the near future. If we replace him this year we'd be taking a significant downgrade, Sure there are some QB's that can be good in this draft down the road, but I think all of them need some time to sit and learn for a little bit.

I don't have much expectations for this QB draft class and i'm not saying we should draft one of them.
What i'd do is get rid of Palmer, McFadden, Seymour, Kelly, McClain and Huff this offseason to open cap room and clear the books for the future. Sign some FAs to be part of the re-building process to reasonable contracts (Matt Moore, Andy Levitre, Terrance Knighton/Sammie Lee Hill ...) and focus our draft on adding to the defense or the oline.
Ask the QB to manage the game and use all the resources available to improve the running game and the defense. Try to win ugly for now.

Sounds like a plan.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Where's the part where we fire Knapp??
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Thats a given.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Thats a given.

Just making sure Wink
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

You didn't get the memo? Tarring and feathering is on january 1st. Be there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 64 of 98

Jump to: