Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
you'll see... Pryor can start and have a long career

He is smart, has a great work ethic and has all the measurable. All he needs is some experience. This team is going no where fast, we need to build towards to future.. I'm tired of finishing 7-9 or 6-10

A QB's most important asset is his arm. I'm not talking the ability to heave it 70 yards, I'm talking the ability to hit wide open targets 10 yards away. Pryor does not have a good arm whatsoever. He lacks zip on his throws for the most part, and he has terrible accuracy.

Even in a Denver/Tebow-like offense that would have him run 20 times a game and only have him attempt 10 passes, defenses would adjust and find it pretty easy to stop an offense that will almost always run and poses no passing threat. Defenses evolve. Thats why the Wildcat worked so well for one year, and is now useless. Or why Tebow was able to somehow win games, but is now riding pine behind the worst starting QB in the NFL. Why do you think nobody else tried to trade for him? No team wants to adjust their offense to fit his skill set, because the OC's and HC's in the league know you cant win that way. Even Cam Newton is having trouble getting anything going because defenses had an entire year's worth of NFL film on the guy to pick apart his game.

It takes more than a good work ethic, smarts and a good size/speed ratio to be a good QB. Always has and always will. A QB needs to be able to throw, plain and simple. Gimmick offenses will come and go, but one thing that will never go out of style is a good quarterback.

Perfectly said, my air force friend

Just look at the difference in Denver's offense with a pocket passer, albeit an elite on, but a pocket passer none the less.

Denver's offense was better even with Orton than it was with Tebow:

2010 w/ Orton (13 games): 352 YPG/ 20.6 PPG
2011 w/ Tebow (11 games): 320 YPG/ 18.5 PPG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
All he needs is some experience.

And the ability to pass.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hot chick makes some good points. Or am I only agreeing with her because she's hot?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1416356-the-oakland-raiders-are-on-the-clock-is-terrelle-pryor-their-future
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
The hot chick makes some good points. Or am I only agreeing with her because she's hot?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1416356-the-oakland-raiders-are-on-the-clock-is-terrelle-pryor-their-future

This is what I said like 5 weeks ago. Either Pryor plays well excites fan base and may win a game or two, or he sucks improves draft choice, and we dump him.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

This is what I said like 5 weeks ago. Either Pryor plays well excites fan base and may win a game or two, or he sucks improves draft choice, and we dump him.

Yep.

In a way...If Pryor played last year after Campbell went down.....The Raiders could very well have RG3 right now.

And then there is always the slight chance in hell that Pryor plays well and tortures JTagg. Again, a win/win situation. Laughing Laughing
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

Yep.

In a way...If Pryor played last year after Campbell went down.....The Raiders could very well have RG3 right now.

And then there is always the slight chance in hell that Pryor plays well and tortures JTagg. Again, a win/win situation. Laughing Laughing

I'm totally down for Pryor starting. We aren't going to make the playoffs this year anyways.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
all Pryor does is win games.. He is 31-4
he works hard and is a leader. A player with potential need snaps

whats the point of winning 6-7 games with Palmer

lets see what we can get done with Pryor... If we lose then we land a top 5 pick.. Whoever gives up towards the end of the season should get cut

I can see the logic in saying 'lets see what we have in Pryor' but really, it's not just the QB position that will be affected by a change. The WRs are developing nicely, we have Moore who is only in his 2nd year after missing a lot of TC and practive time, DHB who has improved and is continuing to improve, Streater who is an UDFA. TEs we have Myers who has come to the fore this season and Ausberry and Gordon who are very inexperienced. Also McFadden and Goodson are out, so our RBs are for all intents and purposes rookies. We are starting a very poor RT, Wiz is in his first full season at C in a ZBS after missing TC, Veldheer is i believe in his first full season in ZBS.

An experienced, gutsy leader (as Palmer is proving to be) can help develop all these players..........putting Pryor in would not only be asking for trouble behind this OL with no running game but would severely stunt the growth of our RBs, TEs, young OL men and our WRs.

I would genuinely like to see Pryor on the field at some time before the season is out just to see what he's got in a real game situation against NFL caliber players but for now the overall benefit to the team which Palmer brings cannot just be veiwed just from stats or wins/losses, especially with this level of play around him.

I think everyone is missing the point. In an earlier post people were saying we can't bench Palmer it will show managements lack of faith in him. Actually we need to find out if Pryor is capable of being our second string QB next year. He needs to play. With out a doubt he will get some playing time late in games if we are losing and we will as the team plays off passion and there's not too much right now.
The video made several good point.
Pryor's too inexperienced to be a savior at this point but you never know what you're gonna get. Will he get hammered any worse than Palmer? You know he'll be running a lot but isn't that what he does best. Pryor is a player.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

Yep.

I'm totally down for Pryor starting. We aren't going to make the playoffs this year anyways.

That's very true but what if Pryor turns out to not be the answer? Who in FA are we going to pick up to fill the position? Or do you feel Lienart will be able to do just that? Or do you feel a drat pick will be worth it? Or are you already throwing away the entire 2013 season looking for a position that isn't of need right now b/c we have a QB who is actually playing well?

I guess the short question should be, why sit the best player on your offense...... or even more simpler, why sit your entire offense for nothing but far-fetched possibilities? Do you think this team can afford even more question marks going into the next off-season?

PM sig requests.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

Yep.

This
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

Yep.

This

Pryor is not ready to start at QB. If you start him now, he will struggle, his confidence will go down and you probably loose any chance on him as a long term option at QB.
If they feel like he can be our starting QB (let's) say in 2014 or 2015 the smartest thing to do is let him learn behind CP, let him put together his footwork, delivery...Play him a lot in pre-seasons and build the team up in the other areas...
Django

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

Yep.

This

Pryor is not ready to start at QB. If you start him now, he will struggle, his confidence will go down and you probably loose any chance on him as a long term option at QB.
If they feel like he can be our starting QB (let's) say in 2014 or 2015 the smartest thing to do is let him learn behind CP, let him put together his footwork, delivery...Play him a lot in pre-seasons and build the team up in the other areas...

This is the one issue that Pryoretts and Palmerettes can agree with.

What was the point of Leinart?

The Raiders brought in Leinart to help teach Palmer the offense....and the offense sucks. Hell, Knapp might not even be here next year. So instead of Pryor getting those NEEDED 2nd team reps for the slight chance in hell his development speeds up....It now becomes a wasted year in the "Pryor project"

If Pryor was the backup they probably would use him some in the redzone and please the Pryorettes. The Palmerettes would be ok with Pryor playing in a few packages cause it shuts up the others.

Having Leinart has proven to be waste. Because it takes one of our best athletes off the field (Hard to dress 3 QBs) and this offense sucks so bad that the QBs might have to learn a new offense next year.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Django"][quote="Rolni"][quote="Raiiiiidersssss"][quote="RaisinBran"][quote="Django"][quote="dante9876"]
Django wrote:

Having Leinart has proven to be waste. Because it takes one of our best athletes off the field (Hard to dress 3 QBs) and this offense sucks so bad that the QBs might have to learn a new offense next year.

Having a competent backup QB is a waste until your starting QB goes down. See Boller, Kyle. Pryor wasn't/isn't ready to be the backup. He's a QB needing work on his fundamentals who had to learn a new offense to boot. Bringing a vet with experince in the new offense was the logical move in this situation.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

IMO this is absolute madness. Carson Palmer is clearly our best player and capable of sustaining a high level of performance (given a decent support cast) for the next 2 to 3 years. We have time to develop Pryor, he dosen't need to be thrown to the wolves like it's some make or break decision. Desperation will only lead to more blown draft picks and more years of futility.

Keep Palmer, improve the tools around him all the while Pryor is learning and will get his shot in time if he can beat Palmer out in camp. Simple. When you have so many holes on a team it makes zero sense to totally waste (our limited) picks on your position of most strength.

This is a knee jerk reaction and not the way a good team goes about building itself up. Invest in the draft in the OL and DL, protect your QB, give him some weapons and a D that can at least hold it's own then you have a situation whereby a young inexperienced kid can come in and be protected and may develop into a great player. Throw even the most talented kid like a Luck or Griffin into this mess and you will ruin his career.
Keleth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow college football so have no idea who is likely to be available in the draft QB wise.
So if Pryor were to play and he tanked and we ended up with a top 3 pick is there a QB available that could be considered a franchise QB ?
Or would the pryor supporters be happy with taking the BPA this year and hoping we get a top pick again next year ?
If Pryor did tank then who is going to be our QB next year,are we going to get back to the Gradkowski,Boller,McCown,Culpepper type of QB again just hoping every year we find our QB of the future ?
If Palmer remains our QB then we can build the rest of the team and in the next 2 or 3 drafts pick our QB and maybe help him by putting him into a team with some solidity not putting him into a mess of a team like we usually do.
Go all the way back and have we had a better QB than Palmer since Gannon ?
Now say Pryor plays and he really is the next Cunningham then all our problems are solved,however what is the real chance of this happening.
Why would any team in their right mind dump their starting QB who is playing ok just to try out a project player half way through the season.
I also find it hard to believe that the Pryor worshipers don't seem to realise that doing that could totally crush Pryor and any future he has if it goes tits up.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Django wrote:

Yep.

That's very true but what if Pryor turns out to not be the answer? Who in FA are we going to pick up to fill the position? Or do you feel Lienart will be able to do just that? Or do you feel a drat pick will be worth it? Or are you already throwing away the entire 2013 season looking for a position that isn't of need right now b/c we have a QB who is actually playing well?

I guess the short question should be, why sit the best player on your offense...... or even more simpler, why sit your entire offense for nothing but far-fetched possibilities? Do you think this team can afford even more question marks going into the next off-season?

Making a change at the end of the season doesn't mean that Palmer is gone. I mean if Pryor comes in and sucks it up we do have the luxury of falling back on Palmer. Tbh cutting Palmer next year would be a dumb move unless Pryor was ready. Besides if Palmer is our offense why put him in games that don't matter exposing him to injury?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 35 of 98

Jump to: