Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna believe in barnes but honestly i only think we can beat the chiefs maybe the browns.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leinart got a chance
pryor hasn't had one
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
all Pryor does is win games.. He is 31-4
he works hard and is a leader. A player with potential need snaps

whats the point of winning 6-7 games with Palmer

lets see what we can get done with Pryor... If we lose then we land a top 5 pick.. Whoever gives up towards the end of the season should get cut

I can see the logic in saying 'lets see what we have in Pryor' but really, it's not just the QB position that will be affected by a change. The WRs are developing nicely, we have Moore who is only in his 2nd year after missing a lot of TC and practive time, DHB who has improved and is continuing to improve, Streater who is an UDFA. TEs we have Myers who has come to the fore this season and Ausberry and Gordon who are very inexperienced. Also McFadden and Goodson are out, so our RBs are for all intents and purposes rookies. We are starting a very poor RT, Wiz is in his first full season at C in a ZBS after missing TC, Veldheer is i believe in his first full season in ZBS.

An experienced, gutsy leader (as Palmer is proving to be) can help develop all these players..........putting Pryor in would not only be asking for trouble behind this OL with no running game but would severely stunt the growth of our RBs, TEs, young OL men and our WRs.

I would genuinely like to see Pryor on the field at some time before the season is out just to see what he's got in a real game situation against NFL caliber players but for now the overall benefit to the team which Palmer brings cannot just be veiwed just from stats or wins/losses, especially with this level of play around him.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning. I think you mean all he DID was win games... in college. Maybe you havent noticed, but this is the NFL and it is an entirely different game than the one in which Pryor could rely more on physical talent than actual quarterbacking skills.

College wins dont mean jack in the NFL. You know what Matt Leinart, Ken Dorsey, David Greene, Colt McCoy, and Kellen Moore have in common? They all have more college wins than Pryor, and they all flopped in the NFL.

Trojan on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
NickButera wrote:
It's a good point. There's truth to that. However it's not like Pryor is sitting around doing nothing. We've got second teams and practice teams for our O's and D's to play against. He doesn't get time with the first team, but he does get to play/practice with the team.

This is for the people who just can't get rid of the hard on they got seeing him play well against the Detroit 3rd stringers: If he doesn't look good enough against OUR backups for the coaches to even activate him, whats that tell you?

That having 3 QBs isnt important to us. I mean not many teams are going into gamedays with 3 QBs activated. Especially with this terrible roster and depth we have, we need all the roster spot we can get.

Exactly. No matter who our 3rd string QB is, he would be inactive on gameday.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Except Reply with quote

Non of those guys ran a 4.33 have his size and they had noodle arms..

Pryor is more comparable to Randal Cunningham
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Except Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Non of those guys ran a 4.33 have his size and they had noodle arms..

Pryor is more comparable to Randal Cunningham

Oh my god, just leave. I don't condone people normally saying that but you make people more stupid by being around. Sorry, the truth hurts.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Except Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Non of those guys ran a 4.33 have his size and they had noodle arms.

You are right- about everything. Who needs to be able to throw a ball accurately, read a defense, or even look good enough against your own team's backups in practice when you can run fast?

Terrelle Pryor is the answer for the Oakland Raiders, and the end of all other teams. NFL beware- for King Pryor has descended upon us in glorious fashion! Beg for mercy now or feel the full force of the Oakland Raiders as you are crushed by his splendorous eminence! Concede now or a lifetime of shame and defeat awaits you! Zoom! Pow! Exciting! Fast! Touchdowns! Win! Canton!

Trojan on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Except Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
Non of those guys ran a 4.33 have his size and they had noodle arms.

You are right- about everything. Who needs to be able to throw a ball accurately, read a defense, or even look good enough against your own team's backups in practice when you can run fast?

Terrelle Pryor is the answer for the Oakland Raiders, and the end of all other teams. NFL beware- for King Pryor has descended upon us in glorious fashion! Beg for mercy now or feel the full force of the Oakland Raiders as you are crushed by his splendorous eminence! Concede now or a lifetime of shame and defeat awaits you! Zoom! Pow! Exciting! Fast! Touchdowns! Win! Canton!

Exactly! He will lead is to victory with nothing around him just like Cam is doing in Carolina and RGIII in Washington, because the NFL just can't figure out how to defend this style of QB.......oh wait.

And they can actually throw...
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll see... Pryor can start and have a long career

He is smart, has a great work ethic and has all the measurable. All he needs is some experience. This team is going no where fast, we need to build towards to future.. I'm tired of finishing 7-9 or 6-10
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

He is smart, has a great work ethic and has all the measurable. All he needs is some experience. This team is going no where fast, we need to build towards to future.. I'm tired of finishing 7-9 or 6-10

So your solution is to replace our good quarterback, with a bad one? This is essentially his rookie year, he's simply not ready, and we need to make a lot more changes if you're tired of losing. Qb is not the issue.

I'm trying to be nice here and not call you an idiot like everyone else, you're entitled to your opinion, but take off your blinders bro and realize that switching Palmer with Pryor will do nothing but make us worse. You need to understand there's a lot more pressing issues that need to be dealt with before we're a winning team again. With that said, the qb that gives us ANY chance of winning with this current team, is Palmer.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

A QB's most important asset is his arm. I'm not talking the ability to heave it 70 yards, I'm talking the ability to hit wide open targets 10 yards away. Pryor does not have a good arm whatsoever. He lacks zip on his throws for the most part, and he has terrible accuracy.

Even in a Denver/Tebow-like offense that would have him run 20 times a game and only have him attempt 10 passes, defenses would adjust and find it pretty easy to stop an offense that will almost always run and poses no passing threat. Defenses evolve. Thats why the Wildcat worked so well for one year, and is now useless. Or why Tebow was able to somehow win games, but is now riding pine behind the worst starting QB in the NFL. Why do you think nobody else tried to trade for him? No team wants to adjust their offense to fit his skill set, because the OC's and HC's in the league know you cant win that way. Even Cam Newton is having trouble getting anything going because defenses had an entire year's worth of NFL film on the guy to pick apart his game.

It takes more than a good work ethic, smarts and a good size/speed ratio to be a good QB. Always has and always will. A QB needs to be able to throw, plain and simple. Gimmick offenses will come and go, but one thing that will never go out of style is a good quarterback.

Trojan on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

A QB's most important asset is his arm. I'm not talking the ability to heave it 70 yards, I'm talking the ability to hit wide open targets 10 yards away. Pryor does not have a good arm whatsoever. He lacks zip on his throws for the most part, and he has terrible accuracy.

Even in a Denver/Tebow-like offense that would have him run 20 times a game and only have him attempt 10 passes, defenses would adjust and find it pretty easy to stop an offense that will almost always run and poses no passing threat. Defenses evolve. Thats why the Wildcat worked so well for one year, and is now useless. Or why Tebow was able to somehow win games, but is now riding pine behind the worst starting QB in the NFL. Why do you think nobody else tried to trade for him? No team wants to adjust their offense to fit his skill set, because the OC's and HC's in the league know you cant win that way. Even Cam Newton is having trouble getting anything going because defenses had an entire year's worth of NFL film on the guy to pick apart his game.

It takes more than a good work ethic, smarts and a good size/speed ratio to be a good QB. Always has and always will. A QB needs to be able to throw, plain and simple. Gimmick offenses will come and go, but one thing that will never go out of style is a good quarterback.

Perfectly said, my air force friend

Just look at the difference in Denver's offense with a pocket passer, albeit an elite on, but a pocket passer none the less.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

He is smart,

Wanna know how I know you've barely seen him play before?

PM sig requests.
raiders707

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
he works hard and is a leader. A player with potential need snaps

whats the point of winning 6-7 games with Palmer

lets see what we can get done with Pryor... If we lose then we land a top 5 pick.. Whoever gives up towards the end of the season should get cut

I can see the logic in saying 'lets see what we have in Pryor' but really, it's not just the QB position that will be affected by a change. The WRs are developing nicely, we have Moore who is only in his 2nd year after missing a lot of TC and practive time, DHB who has improved and is continuing to improve, Streater who is an UDFA. TEs we have Myers who has come to the fore this season and Ausberry and Gordon who are very inexperienced. Also McFadden and Goodson are out, so our RBs are for all intents and purposes rookies. We are starting a very poor RT, Wiz is in his first full season at C in a ZBS after missing TC, Veldheer is i believe in his first full season in ZBS.

An experienced, gutsy leader (as Palmer is proving to be) can help develop all these players..........putting Pryor in would not only be asking for trouble behind this OL with no running game but would severely stunt the growth of our RBs, TEs, young OL men and our WRs.

I would genuinely like to see Pryor on the field at some time before the season is out just to see what he's got in a real game situation against NFL caliber players but for now the overall benefit to the team which Palmer brings cannot just be veiwed just from stats or wins/losses, especially with this level of play around him.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 34 of 98

Jump to: