Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:
Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews
Don't expet to see Terrelle Pryor activated anytime soon unless Palmer/Leinart are inj. Dennis Allen dismissed it, yesterday

Speaks volumes of where he's at, capability wise. If he was tearing it up in practice, had the playbook down, showing real promise, he'd be active for gameday at the least. I'm routing for the kid, but so far looks it looks like Allen and McKenzie have no plans to get him going anytime soon. But for someone who leaves college early with raw potential, this is probably the best thing for him. He needs an organization who will support him and give him the necessary time to grow.

How's he supposed to show promise when all the practice reps are going to Palmer? Or is he getting chances? I'm not advocating he play BTW. I just thought that's how it goes for backups.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Call me old fashioned, but I could care less about mobility in a QB. This is just my personal preference, but rather than have to rely on a QB's mobility, I'd rather rely on our O-line doing their job and/or a QB being smart enough to be able to get rid of the ball properly.

Mobility/elusiveness is not high up on the list of most important QB attributes. It can however be very useful and accentuate a QB's talents. But not always. Like I said, I'm old fashioned.

I couldn't agree any more w/ this post..... I guess I'm old fashioned also.

It's not being old fashioned. It's called being pragmatic. 1) It's now a QB game. He's absolutely your most valuable possession and rules are set up to protect QBs from the POCKET. Palmer is simply using logic. He would rather a 3 yard dump off than dive and put himself at risk for even a moment. In the long run he's protecting the team's investment. Running QBs eventually miss games. period. 2) A running QB has yet to win a SuperBowl.

Imo, there are currently 4 types of QBs:
pocket passers
mobile
runners
& more recently spread.

Early someone tried to say Young was a running QB which is not what he has historically been classified as. Pryor is a running QB. period.

Young was running quarterback at Tampa Bay but Bill Walsh made him a pocket passer at San Francisco after sitting on the bench for years.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:
Don't expet to see Terrelle Pryor activated anytime soon unless Palmer/Leinart are inj. Dennis Allen dismissed it, yesterday

Speaks volumes of where he's at, capability wise. If he was tearing it up in practice, had the playbook down, showing real promise, he'd be active for gameday at the least. I'm routing for the kid, but so far looks it looks like Allen and McKenzie have no plans to get him going anytime soon. But for someone who leaves college early with raw potential, this is probably the best thing for him. He needs an organization who will support him and give him the necessary time to grow.

How's he supposed to show promise when all the practice reps are going to Palmer? Or is he getting chances? I'm not advocating he play BTW. I just thought that's how it goes for backups.

It's a good point. There's truth to that. However it's not like Pryor is sitting around doing nothing. We've got second teams and practice teams for our O's and D's to play against. He doesn't get time with the first team, but he does get to play/practice with the team. Also, coaching staff got a long look at what he could do in preseason and preseason games. They don't take someone from preseason, sign a back up to start in front of him and then keep him inactive for the season to this point if he's showing signs of being our next franchise QB.

All I was getting at is occam's razor principle. Simplest answer is probably the correct one. The reason why we see Pryor being the 3rd string and inactive is most reasonably because he isn't very good and hasn't shown anything all season to this point.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:

It's a good point. There's truth to that. However it's not like Pryor is sitting around doing nothing. We've got second teams and practice teams for our O's and D's to play against. He doesn't get time with the first team, but he does get to play/practice with the team. Also, coaching staff got a long look at what he could do in preseason and preseason games. They don't take someone from preseason, sign a back up to start in front of him and then keep him inactive for the season to this point if he's showing signs of being our next franchise QB.

All I was getting at is occam's razor principle. Simplest answer is probably the correct one. The reason why we see Pryor being the 3rd string and inactive is most reasonably because he isn't very good and hasn't shown anything all season to this point.

So he does get some chances. I have no clue what the backup QB's do in practice during the season, so thanks for your answer. I agree with what you're saying too.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
It's a good point. There's truth to that. However it's not like Pryor is sitting around doing nothing. We've got second teams and practice teams for our O's and D's to play against. He doesn't get time with the first team, but he does get to play/practice with the team.

This is for the people who just can't get rid of the hard on they got seeing him play well against the Detroit 3rd stringers: If he doesn't look good enough against OUR backups for the coaches to even activate him, whats that tell you?

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NickButera wrote:
It's a good point. There's truth to that. However it's not like Pryor is sitting around doing nothing. We've got second teams and practice teams for our O's and D's to play against. He doesn't get time with the first team, but he does get to play/practice with the team.

This is for the people who just can't get rid of the hard on they got seeing him play well against the Detroit 3rd stringers: If he doesn't look good enough against OUR backups for the coaches to even activate him, whats that tell you?

...that the coaching staff is conspiring against him?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NickButera wrote:

That having 3 QBs isnt important to us. I mean not many teams are going into gamedays with 3 QBs activated. Especially with this terrible roster and depth we have, we need all the roster spot we can get.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NickButera wrote:

That they need to hire silver_surfer and get this organization back on track!
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
NickButera wrote:

That they need to hire silver_surfer and get this organization back on track!

Laughing

Change we can believe in.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the change that we deserve, but not what we need right now....

silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all Pryor does is win games.. He is 31-4
he works hard and is a leader. A player with potential need snaps

whats the point of winning 6-7 games with Palmer

lets see what we can get done with Pryor... If we lose then we land a top 5 pick.. Whoever gives up towards the end of the season should get cut

In the off season we let these guys walk to save cash
Spencer CB
Lechler
Mitchell
Kelly
Seymour
Cooper

We add a RT in free agency
play Bergstorm

On defense
Add Jarvis from Georgia as a edge Pass rusher
and add a couple decent young corners and a stud NT in free agency

Run a 3-4 next season

Shaugnessy/Bryant
? NT
Houston

Jones/Wheeler - Jones comes in on passing downs
McClain- give him a shot in a defense he dominated in college
Burris- kid is solid
Curry/Andre Carter- Dre comes in on passing downs

Bring in 2 new young corners ( if we land a new stud edge rusher and NT our corners will look better) bring back Hansen and Bartell for cheap
Huff- PHILLIP THOMAS OR JOSH BOYETT- both guys are ballers and could be had in the mid rounds. Gives our secondary great depth
Branch

King takes over at punter to save money to sign an impact RT... No more Willie...
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot the team hasn't given up yet? this team is done...

Dennis Allen isn't a ballsy coach. Of course Pryor isnt going to get a run
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

Matt Leinart scoffs at this record.

Free Leinart!

mission27 wrote:
the guy clarified no mayo and you are so heated about this that you considered it urgent, love it

#JDI
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanting to start Pryor means only one thing.

You don't believe we can win this year, or in the forseeable future, because Palmer will be able to maintain this level of play for a few more years. Where as I you think Pryor should play its because u want to see if he is the qbotf or if we should draft one.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Matt Leinart scoffs at this record.

Free Leinart!

lolol

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 33 of 98

Jump to: