Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should have moved Pryor to TE when he was a rook, he could be a weapon right now.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
we should have moved Pryor to TE when he was a rook, he could be a weapon right now.

Yech. We don't even know if he can catch or block?
Plus in the time I have watched him at QB, I've realized the dude has no idea how to fight for yards. You can't be a TE and not do that.

He's got the athleticism for it, but none of the tools.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
macklemore wrote:

Plus in the time I have watched him at QB, I've realized the dude has no idea how to fight for yards. You can't be a TE and not do that.

He can catch, if you have the coordination to play QB you can catch a football. The blocking is irrevelant because we wouldnt use him as a blocker.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
holyghost wrote:
macklemore wrote:

He can catch, if you have the coordination to play QB you can catch a football. The blocking is irrevelant because we wouldnt use him as a blocker.

seriously?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
holyghost wrote:
macklemore wrote:

TP's TD Catch vs Texas
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

Eric Crouch and Armanti Edwards beg to differ.

Obviously he can catch a ball, even I can do that, but that statement is so, so wrong. RBs are arguably the most coordinated players on the field. They can start and stop their feet on a dime, keep their balance while running at full speed and getting hit, and jump, hurdle, switch hands, stiff arm, etc, yet there are many RBs who are not good at catching the football. If you put a guy at TE specifically for his athletic ability, knowing he will never block, he better be able to match up against any defender and come down with tough catches- not just ones where he is wide open or towers over a CB by half a foot. There is so much more to WR and TE than simply catching a ball, you know that.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
holyghost wrote:
macklemore wrote:

A statement crammed with popular opinion related illusions.
It is not so easy to just do another thing if you can do one thing. Ask Michael Jordan how his BBall skills helped him in minor league baseball.

As for the blocking, alot of people imagine these days that if you are a pass catching TE as they say while commentating during games or on ESPN shows, it somehow means there's no blocking. Nah. Pass catching TEs suck at blocking generally and go out for passes more than most. But in reality, every TE blocks. Plenty. Against DEs and LBs. If Pryor blocks like a QB, it's gonna be a real ugly mistake moving him to TE. Heck, if he blocks like a QB - and 8 years of playing QB and nothing but makes it all but guaranteed he does - he wouldn't even be an adequate blocker at WR. And WRs are the worst blockers out there on offense. And they are more than likely 1000x better at it than Pryor, who probably hasn't practiced blocking skills once in his entire football career. Maybe if was moved to TE he'd be good enough to be considered a poor blocker by the time he is 33 years old.
If he's lucky, and real good, he'd be a good pass catcher as a TE by the time he's 30.

Great, just what we need. Another 8 year project. Give him 3 years at QB and if it doesn't work there's only one place to move him. To another team to dump their coaching efforts into him and not ours.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would it take Pryor so long to learn the simple task of blocking? Its BLOCKING!!! Really you think it would take him 8 years? How long did it take Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham? 1 year at the most! It took them one friggin year to learn how to run routes and block, I have no doubt in my mind Pryor can do the same.

TP is 6'5 and runs a 4.4 flat, give him an offseason to bulk and learn routes and you would have one of the most explosive weapons at TE ever.

You guys are acting like blocking and catching is as hard as calculus.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrelle Pryor is a quarterback, if we move him to another position it would be a waste of talent. I honestly don't see why everyone is so against the idea of giving him a chance to develop in our system to see if he can be our quarterback of the future.

The physical talent is obviously there, he is as talented as any young quarterback in the entire league. He just needs to continue working on the intangibles it takes to be a winning quarterback at the NFL level.

I know it's just the preseason and it doesn't mean much but Pryor's progression from week one to four in the preseason was impressive. It just shows that he is able to make adjustments and is willing to put in the work to make sure he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

I am personally excited about Pryor's future as the quarterback for the Oakland Raiders. If we continue to let him develop and work on becoming a true NFL quarterback there's no denying he could lead us to a bunch of victories.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Pryor's attitude. From everything I've seen and heard from him so far, he seems like a class act. I like that he always mentions how much he looks up to Palmer. If Matt Leinart had that same intangible while backing up Kurt Warner in AZ, his career might have turned out differently.

Pryor at TE would be beast, but I'm fine with him at QB as long as the coaches feel he has the potential to be developed.
Raidin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Terrelle Pryor is a quarterback, if we move him to another position it would be a waste of talent. I honestly don't see why everyone is so against the idea of giving him a chance to develop in our system to see if he can be our quarterback of the future.

The physical talent is obviously there, he is as talented as any young quarterback in the entire league. He just needs to continue working on the intangibles it takes to be a winning quarterback at the NFL level.

I know it's just the preseason and it doesn't mean much but Pryor's progression from week one to four in the preseason was impressive. It just shows that he is able to make adjustments and is willing to put in the work to make sure he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

I am personally excited about Pryor's future as the quarterback for the Oakland Raiders. If we continue to let him develop and work on becoming a true NFL quarterback there's no denying he could lead us to a bunch of victories.

I'd hardly call throwing the ball accurately an intangible. The guy can't even do that with no pass-rushers, how do we expect him to do that in an actually game?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Why would it take Pryor so long to learn the simple task of blocking? Its BLOCKING!!! Really you think it would take him 8 years? How long did it take Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham? 1 year at the most! It took them one friggin year to learn how to run routes and block, I have no doubt in my mind Pryor can do the same.

TP is 6'5 and runs a 4.4 flat, give him an offseason to bulk and learn routes and you would have one of the most explosive weapons at TE ever.

You guys are acting like blocking and catching is as hard as calculus.

Jimmy Graham played football his senior year at Miami, so lets not pretend he had never run routes or blocked prior to coming to the NFL. The Saints would not have used a 3rd round pick on a TE that didnt know how to do 2/3 of a TE's job. Gates was a different story, but he didnt become an effective blocker after just one year.

It wouldnt take Pryor 8 years to learn it, but it would definitely take him a few years to become even a somewhat effective blocker. If Pryor cant block and defenses see him on the field, that tells them its a pass every time, otherwise theyd have someone out there who can block. It often takes young RBs a couple of years to learn pass protection...

Also, a calculus class is typically only one semester long, and high school kids can learn it. I'd say thats a bit tougher than learning to block 250+ pound men that want to knock you out and take your QB's head off.

La_Vader wrote:
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things to note as the reaction to comments spirals out of control.
To the guys saying it won't take 8 years, it wasn't exactly meant to be literal.

But consider this. He's already in year 2 here. Whatever happens with him at TE, understand the guy has been playing QB his whole football life. A switch now, it won't be an overnight success. He's a developmental project at the position he has played since birth. Do you really think he will be less developmental at a new and more physical position?

Do you really think blocking is that easy? As if the defender will just let Pryor block him..

However long it takes, it will take long enough that his rookie contract here will be finished. And if there's any payoff, it will be on a new contract. Probably somewhere else. Another guy whose 4 years here brought nothing to our team, what's new.

Comparisons to Jimmy Graham and Gates are comical. Neither of those guys played QB, the least physical position in football. But they both played basketball, and I am assuming they were forwards. Which is physical in it's own right and has some if not much foundation in physical play. Pryor has nothing to base a TE switch off of, except the potential. Uysh, potential again. God I am so damn sick of having a roster packed with projects. It's the greatest reason we've sucked for almost 30 years. All potential, no players. At some point someone who is really good at something, today, has to take the field for this team if we're ever going to win games.
Not 2 years from now, not 4 years from now, TODAY.

Pryor has 1 1/2 years in at QB. He's a perfectly worthwhile 3rd QB prospect. Our need for another guy to throw to and chew up a roster spot in waiting is minimal. Are we losing because we don't have Jimmy Graham? If we had Jimmy Graham would we be winning. The answers are no and no.

Give him the other 2 1/2 years on his contract, at QB, and leave it at that. If he can do anything one day at QB it's worth far more than a shot in the dark TE project. Let some other desperate team switch him if they want to, 2 years from now.
We might have to actually commit to something and stick with it if we are ever going to see the light of day with this team ever again.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind the fact that Pryor would start out as our 3rd TE. And anyone who actually understands a roster realizes that the 3rd TE is more there for depth and most importantly, a core special teamer. The 3rd TE is a TE in name because special teamers don't get assigned positions like "TE". There's no "GN" for gunner, or "PP" for personal portector, or names for all of the other unit's positions. But here's a clue in to those of you who consistenly don't realize these roles are legitimate and important - they are legitimate and important!
Pryor on ST units, who wants to see that? Ohhhhh yeah, we all do.
How do you mae the worst return and coverage units in the league a bit worse? Put Pryor on them.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Pryor has 1 1/2 years in at QB. He's a perfectly worthwhile 3rd QB prospect.

This is a point a lot of Pryor's haters seem to ignore. First, let me say that I am not someone who believes this is our QB of the future. I completely realize he has multiple serious deficiencies as a QB. With that said, he is our third string QB. He has immense physical skills, but lacks some very important ones- but they are ones that can be fixed. I realize he has been a QB his whole life and still has these problems, so the odds of him become a good passer are super slim. However, he never had a great QB coach in college and they let him run a lot anyway so he was able to rely on athleticism more than he should have. In time, it is possible he becomes a good enough passer that (when combined with his running ability) he can be a decent backup QB with a lot of potential in Wildcat-type packages as well.

The fact of the matter is that unless something catasthrophic happens, our 3rd QB (whoever it may be) will never see the field. We could sign a better 3rd QB for sure, but he would never play so whats the benefit? I'd rather keep Pryor as the 3rd QB, let him get some real coaching, and see what happens. When his cheap rookie contract expires, if he as made serious progress, resign him- he wont cost much. If he hasnt, then let him walk. Its not like we are talking about a starting QB here, he is the backup's backup. We can afford to wait it out.

La_Vader wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 20 of 98

Jump to: