Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
I agree PARROTHEAD, I see Wilson challenging Barkley for the honour of the second QB taken in the 2013 draft. I would select Wilson before Barkley, but I doubt it will happen.

Stanford's defense has been sensational, and Stepfan Taylor has been extremely impressive.
I see it also but I do agree Barkley will probably go first.

Oh and yes, Taylor was Awesome and so was that Stanford D! I'm so happy they beat USC. I've never been much of a USC fan.

For me, it's pretty obvious that Geno Smith will be the first overall pick. It's just a question about Barkley versus Wilson. WIth Wilson's concussion, you have to be concerned, and there will be GMs concerned, so as of now I have Barkley being selected before Wilson for that reason. All things being equal, I would select Tyler Wilson first. After that, you are left with Aaron Murray in the early second round and Landry Jones sometime after.

It would be smart for Tyler Bray to return and vie for that #1 spot, and I would say the same for Logan Thomas, but instead of #1 he could be top 5 if he takes a big jump in his play.

Barkley's stock will not plummet out of the first round, and there are plenty of teams that want a young QB.

Blknite01's masterpiece
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bray needs to go footy. You seen his release and arm strength yet?
Less than .5 of a second for windup and release. And he hit a guy week 2 at 58yds just flippin his wrist.

Logan should go to. Just like with Glennon at VT. A qb can develop to a certain point. Then they seem to stall right there. I think hed be wise to move on and spend a year with pro learning and development. I dont see VT helping him get any farther along. Or it would be showing now.

Wilsons concussion doesnt bother me one bit. Every qb has had one. And his took a couple devastating head hunting cheap shots to get. They dont play ball like that in the pros. Hed be ok.

I missed Aaron Murray yesterday. But was told by a UGA fan at the game that hes one cool customer. Hitting on everything in stride.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to see Geno go 1st overall. For some reason I just don't see that happening, don't know why, I just don't. He does have all the tools for sure.

I think Bray should go also parrothead. He's going to be a 1st round pick and I believe if a player is going to be a 1st round pick they should always go to the pros and not risk going back for another year of college and having an injury or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
I think Bray needs to go footy. You seen his release and arm strength yet?
Less than .5 of a second for windup and release. And he hit a guy week 2 at 58yds just flippin his wrist.

Logan should go to. Just like with Glennon at VT. A qb can develop to a certain point. Then they seem to stall right there. I think hed be wise to move on and spend a year with pro learning and development. I dont see VT helping him get any farther along. Or it would be showing now.

Wilsons concussion doesnt bother me one bit. Every qb has had one. And his took a couple devastating head hunting cheap shots to get. They dont play ball like that in the pros. Hed be ok.

I missed Aaron Murray yesterday. But was told by a UGA fan at the game that hes one cool customer. Hitting on everything in stride.

With Bray, I think it simply comes down to the ability to go #1 in 2014 or potentially top 10 in 2013. I remember watching his first couple of games as a starter, and you could clearly see the elite potential. Doesn't change my belief that he will return. He might reconsider when he sees the teams who will comprise the top 10 and how they are ordered.

Perhaps Murray stays and one of Bray or Thomas declare. There could be four QBs selected in the top 15, however will they want to risk falling to the late first or the second round? If both L.Thomas and T.Bray declare, they will join G.Smith, T.Wilson, M.Barkley as first round QBs, and L.Jones and M.Glennon as mid-round options (therefore influencing teams in the late first). That's too many cooks in the kitchen.

So, I say it's best for Bray and Thomas to stay - it is exactly what Barkley did last year when he saw three QBs that could go ahead of him. (I think Tannehill would have gone before him when it came down to it)

Blknite01's masterpiece
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Id love to see Geno go 1st overall. For some reason I just don't see that happening, don't know why, I just don't. He does have all the tools for sure.

I think Bray should go also parrothead. He's going to be a 1st round pick and I believe if a player is going to be a 1st round pick they should always go to the pros and not risk going back for another year of college and having an injury or something.

Give it time Turtle. If everything checks out with him when they put the film on and he has a good combine he will go high, especially with the way dual-threat QB's are becoming a premium. He has the talent to go #1 and a team like Cleveland needs that.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anyone catch the louisiana-Monroe and Baylor game last night?

Ulm almost won again! That team, and especially that qb is or real. They came very close to beating Auburn last week and Baylor this week. If they had theyd be 3-0 vs two sec teams and one big 12 team.

I'm impressed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see Tyler Wilson's comments about saying the team absolutely quit last week vs Alabama?

Man, what a crap comment that was. He didn't even play in the ame because of a concussion vs ULM and then he called the team quitters? That's not cool. Sad

Kinda Cutleresque there...

Hopeully that's the last time Tyler does something like that.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for the UMD vs WVU game!! I'm thinking WVU blows them out this game, UMD is still young and developing. I do really look forward to seeing Diggs and Hills play though, I like those two for UMD's future.

I like UMD's all white uni's today with the Gray to outline the flag on the helmet and on the jersey.

Wow, what a catch by Stedman Bailey from WVU on the sideline. WVU and Geno Smith are such a well oiled machine.

Perry Hills the freshman qb from UMD has looked good so far hitting the senior TE Matt Furstenburgwho's on the mackey list and Dorsey the senior WR who's on the pre-season all ACC list. Damn, as I say that he just got blown up fumble and WVU took it back 51 yards for a TD.

Damn Hills to Diggs for MD is going to be an amazing combo for 3 to 4 years. Shocked

they just had an amazing 42 yard TD with Diggs jumping in from 5 yards out for the score. This is turning out to be a good game.

Kenny Tate with two big plays the last two plays. Great to have him back from his Knee injury last year. He tackled Austin after a 5 yard catch, then followed it up by breaking up a pass.

I want the redskins to draft Tate as a SS prospect, we can probably get him later in the draft because he's fallen off since they changed his role on D from a SS to a rover type LB and then he had the injury last year.

UMD is making a game of this, they are 9 yards away from tying up the score with WVU.

Hills to Marcus Leak, td umd! the score is tied in the 2nd quarter.

UMD is putting a lot of pressure on Geno Smith, hitting him on nearly every
play. They just sacked him for the first time this year. Held them to 3 points.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=322660277&version=mobile

Hills Played nearly as well as Geno Smith. They each had 3 tds, smith threw for 338 yds to Hills' 305.

Geno Smith's games since Robert Griffin III won the heisman in december:

vs. Maryland 338 3-0
vs. James Madison 411 5-0
vs. Marshall 323 4-0
vs. Clemson 407 6-0

1479 yds and 18 tds Shocked

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio State started off slow vs UAB. Braxton Miller was just 1-5 for 7 yards early on.

Lately they have hit their stride on offense though. Braxton Miller then completed his next 6 passes for 81 yards.Back to back big runs from Jordan Hall sparked the first scoring drive. Hall has carried 10 times for 62 yards.Miller again was at his best when scrambling. He had a 14-yard run where he completely faked out a UAB defender, and on his 12 yard touchdown run, he had a spin move out of the get away from another Blazer defender. Miller has carried just three times, but has netted 45 yards and a score.

The other touchdowns were scored on a one-yard run (Rod Smith), and from two-yards out (Zach Boren).

on D they've been up and mostly down except for Hankings who has 9 tackles as a NT, which is pretty much unheard of. Shocked
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout Henekie from ODU throwing for 730 yds?? Wow! Shocked
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
How bout Henekie from ODU throwing for 730 yds?? Wow! Shocked

Yeah, not alot of defense in that game 64-61!!

I liked watching JMU bounce back and throttle URI though Smile

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy night of games!

Lsu almost lost to auburn

OU got beat by KState in Norman

Michigan got spanked by Notre Dame

The best game was the Clemson vs Fsu game. Clemson did a great job with trick plays and misdirection but Fsu came roaring back in the 4th to win 49-37

USC returned to form by beating Cal at home
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami's game was pretty crazy, I think GaTech should have went for the 4th and 1 at midfield. They were just going to play prevent anyways which you know Miami is going to move it down the field on especially with clock stopping on 1sts in college. I get to have heart attacks every week the Skins and Miami no defense all offense every week.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barn burner in Morgantown!

Baylor- 42
Wvu- 56

After 3 quarters!! Shocked

Both Geno Smith and Baylor's qb Torrence are on fire
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barn burner in Morgantown!

Baylor- 42
Wvu- 56

After 3 quarters!! Shocked

Both Geno Smith and Baylor's qb Torrence are on fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: