Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Coaches changing are getting to be as fun as the season.
Wisconsin just lost Bret to Arkansas.
another sad day for college football IMO. It's supposed to be armature sports. There is too much money involved for everyone but those who make it for everyone else and need it the most. The athletic students

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're almost to the bowl season now, where big time sponsors, bowls and conference officials make schools pay for their allotted tickets whether they can sell them or not. The conference officials, bowl officials and sponsors don't lose money. The schools do and who pays for that?

The students.

If a bowl game can't sell out their tickets- that's on them and the sponsors IMO. Schools shouldn't have to foot that bill, which is ultimately trickled down to students and fans and higher tuition costs or higher ticket prices to pay for these costs.

There are now not only 6-6 teams in bowl games, but 6-7 teams like Georgia Tech. This system must be changed

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Manziel shatters the All Time Most Total Yards in the SEC Season record.

He is a freshman. 19yo.

Its going to be a great day when hes drafted ahead of when those other NFCE teams pick. Laughing

Manziel to San Diego Chargers Very Happy... Please don't go to Oakland Pray I actually like the kid
if the chargers sign and draft a few OL, Rivers and that offense will be much more consistent. Once they fix that, rivers will be better.

Anyways- I'm disappointed that Braxton Miller and Geno Smith at least didn't get invited to NYC for the Heisman Ceremonies.

I hope manti Teo wins the Heisman. I respect what Manziel did, but everything Teo had to get through the past year, family wise, then to carry Notre Dame to the national championship game- he deserves it most IMO.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1436978-gareon-conley-commits-to-ohio-state-what-4-star-cb-brings-to-buckeyes-program

Conley is a Buckeye!!!

Urban Meyer’s staff continues to win, even during the offseason.

Quote:
On Friday, it was announced that former Michigan verbal Gareon Conley has now committed to be a member of the 2013 Ohio State recruiting class. He visited over Thanksgiving for The Game, and has been on a “official” in Columbus since Wednesday night.

The Massilon Washington star committed to the Wolverines earlier in the year, but recently withdrew that, telling folks who follow scouting that he wanted to see other programs and make sure that he was making the right decision. Per TTUN’s protocol, a recruit visiting other programs meant that they did not consider him a part of their class- whether this meant that they were dropping him or just acknowledging the change in his status is subject for debate.
that's right! Making sure that team up both doesn't steal another great young Ohio product away from the state of ohio! Cool

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

All things being equal that feels like either a sideways move or perhaps a step down.

Yes, it is a SEC position, but Arkansas is not a traditional power in the SEC. It's going to be hard to recruit there against the likes of Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M along (along with Texas and Oklahoma).
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

All things being equal that feels like either a sideways move or perhaps a step down.

Yes, it is a SEC position, but Arkansas is not a traditional power in the SEC. It's going to be hard to recruit there against the likes of Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M along (along with Texas and Oklahoma).

Basically from what I hear. He said he wanted more money for his assistants or else... Wisconsin called his bluff.
So he up and left to where they could all get paid.
Good for him if thats the case.

Real shocker is Tubby to Cincy. I thought he was doing well with TT.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
same here! TT is in the south, Tuberville is a southern guy and TT is a better job IMO also.

Did he get a huge raise? If so- Money talks

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Woz wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Basically from what I hear. He said he wanted more money for his assistants or else... Wisconsin called his bluff.
So he up and left to where they could all get paid.
Good for him if thats the case.

Dangerous move then if it goes sideways.

Quote:

I'm more shocked that someone gave Petrino another chance. Western Kentucky better be ready to find a new coach next year or after the 2014 season at the absolute latest.
Legend_Kenny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is off subject but this is something I wanted to throw out there, I didn't look to see if anybody has said anything but I was looking at an article on the RB from South Carolina Marcus Lattimore about him leaving for the NFL draft. I feel like he will be a 4th or 5th round pick in the draft because of his knee problems. I think we can pick him up in the later rounds kind of like the Kirk Cousins draft pick. What do you people think about this????
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend_Kenny wrote:
I know this is off subject but this is something I wanted to throw out there, I didn't look to see if anybody has said anything but I was looking at an article on the RB from South Carolina Marcus Lattimore about him leaving for the NFL draft. I feel like he will be a 4th or 5th round pick in the draft because of his knee problems. I think we can pick him up in the later rounds kind of like the Kirk Cousins draft pick. What do you people think about this????
yeah. He is leaving and it seems like a smart move. It's kinda now or never, like McGahee. If Latimore goes back to school he will miss most, if not all of the 2013 football season and take the chance of getting hurt again. If for hurt again- he's totally finished.

I would draft him, I'm not sure where. I'm not sure if I'd spend a 4th on him. At this point is say no to a 4th.

On espn980 they said he's expected to be jogging in the spring for scouts but obviously not going full speed.

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Just the basics on D to look out for.
On the offense. The backs get the job done. But I really like the receiver batch. The OL is banged up and bad to the point they arnt given time to run plays to their fullest. But the line has been improved since that Bama game.

Heres what Im getting at. The Fab5 as the receivers call themselves. Only one is a SR. Majority I think are Soph and Fresh. Highly touted, highly recruited all of them. Its hard to really judge and pick who will emerge atm because the talent is spread, the qb doesnt have time and hasnt fully developed that trust in just tossing it up to them yet. But thats where I mainly keep my eye on is that batch of youngsters. I think one will emerge better than Randall, and one will break out as good as Randall was. Thats how good I think that batch is.

And on the matchup. I love it. Battle for who has the real Death Valley.
LSU has a DB which I think will become as good as Morris before he is done. Just aint there yet. But they are good enough to hold for a couple seconds. Cause it isnt the DBs, its the pressure I think Clemson will have trouble with.
And the way the D swarms to the ball. Im not worried about smaller, agile rbs at all. I really dont see Clemson opening it up on the line wide enough to where the gaps wont be filled to the point theres no room to cut.

I think for Clemson to be successful. They are going to have to mix it up early. And withstand the storm and find success in the pass to help open up a run balance. If guys can get open when Boyd swings out. Open that run game up to being a solid option. I think they could have a solid chance at winning.
But if Boyd goes swinging out, with the way the LBs pursue in a hurry. If the WRs stop/give up on plays like Ive seen from other teams. And dont get that separation quick for the pass. Its going to logjam everything else Clemson tries to do and theyll be in for a loong evening.

Im looking forward to it though. Clemson HAS the talent. Dabo is one of the best recruiters in the country. And I hope that talent shows for him cause I like Clemson. I think they do, its proving point time for them. And I expect one hell of a game.

Great post man! I meant to get to this earlier, but I haven't been on. I think LSU wins this one pretty easily the more I think about it. Clemson does have a great offense, but much like the Redskins, their defense is so bad that you can't count on them to force many punts. South Carolina's defense shut Clemson down and I think LSU is any nastier on D. Not sure what the spread is but I see something like:

LSU-34
Clemson-24

mike23md on the sig!
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment STP.
Im not going to underestimate all that Clemson talent with a full month to prepare though.

And turtle.
You see about the WVU mascot shooting a bear with the WVU game musket? lol
Said it was a tradition for it or something. But apologized for filming it. You can find it on youtube.
WVU mascot just sailed way upwards on the badass meter. Laughing

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Thanks for the compliment STP.
Im not going to underestimate all that Clemson talent with a full month to prepare though.

And turtle.
You see about the WVU mascot shooting a bear with the WVU game musket? lol
Said it was a tradition for it or something. But apologized for filming it. You can find it on youtube.
WVU mascot just sailed way upwards on the badass meter. Laughing
Laughing ill look for it

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Marcelys-Jones-commits-to-Ohio-State-108258

Quote:
The 6-foot-5, 325-pound Jones is the first pledge for the Buckeyes in the class-of-2014. He is ranked by 247Composite as the nation's No. 2 offensive guard and No. 47 prospect overall.

The Glenville program has typically been good to Ohio State over the years, sending over several talents including Ted Ginn Jr., Christian Bryant, Marcus Hall and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith. The Buckeyes are currently in good shape to land a couple more Tarblooders standouts in senior four-star athlete Christopher Worley and blue-chip junior athlete Marshon Lattimore.
Dancing

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have to ask: what happened to the Mountaineers after October?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: