Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4391
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pirate is about to set sail.
Not expecting a win. But been waiting for this since he was wrongly fired from TT.
_________________


Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4391
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Horton cb for WashSt looks like a Redskins DB. He gets dragged for yards on every play near him.
_________________


Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WalterRedskins


Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 2832
Location: DMV
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

East Carolina Pirates are going to win Conference-USA. Case Keenum is outta the picture and a new bundle of scallywags has hit the deck. AHOY MATTEES. Pirates yeah! Laughing
_________________


ADOPT-A-REDSKIN
Fred Davis: 24 Receptions, 325 Yards - IR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
The Pirate is about to set sail.
Not expecting a win. But been waiting for this since he was wrongly fired from TT.


The Pirate got keelhauled badly in his debut. However, we'll see what he does on the recruiting field. He's got a serious disadvantage being in Pullman, as they're hell and gone from basically anywhere a top recruit might want to play (WSU is just over the border from Moscow, ID, home of the U of Idaho). At least when he was in Lubbock, he could pull the in-state talent from the western part of the state.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterRedskins wrote:
East Carolina Pirates are going to win Conference-USA. Case Keenum is outta the picture and a new bundle of scallywags has hit the deck. AHOY MATTEES. Pirates yeah! Laughing


Need to get by Appalachian State first, which is actually a non-trivial test.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4391
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Leach had an idea something like that would happen first game.
But I like that a big name coach would take a job where its as you said Woz. Just like Cutcliffe taking the Duke job over better. I think he got calls, and waited to say ok.
He was coach of the year over some tremendous coaches like Stoops.
Wash St Id say are bottom 5% talent wise in the nation atm. Taking a team with less talent than ones like Bowling Green and I think he can build a winner there. But damn if it wont take some time. Couple good young wideouts, one a freshman. SR qb is a good thing, they will be able to recruit a great one with the chance to start right away.


Games tonight.

NCST sucks. I thought they just had a rough patch to start the season. But deep in the 2nd they suck too. Laughing
London is lickin his chops.
_________________


Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather us take care of Richmond first before we even think of NC State (Nov 3 in Raleigh).

September's going to be very interesting for the Cavs:
Sep 1 - Richmond
Sep 8 - Penn State
Sep 15 - @Georgia Tech
Sep 22 - @TCU
Sep 29 - Louisiana Tech

You've got a pair of should-be-gimme games (which means I worry) sandwiching three tough games, two on the road. If the Hoos can come out of that hot, October look very reasonable:
Oct 6 - @Duke
Oct 13 - Maryland [homecoming]
Oct 20 - Wake Forest

Which leads to the hunt:
Nov 3 - @NC State
Nov 10 - Miami
Nov 15 - North Carolina [South's Oldest Rivalry on Thursday? Oh boy!]
Nov 24 - @Virginia Tech

Five days and two division rivals? That sucks. The good news is that they are both at home. Still, that's incredibly rough, especially if the Miami game is mid-afternoon.

However, I fully expect us to lose at Lane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I'm late to the Boise State-Michigan State game, but it looks like both teams are "enjoying" the wonders of a new quarterback taking over after their long time starter moved on to the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8322004/north-carolina-tar-heels-academic-scandal-ncaa-says-rules-not-violated

Quote:
The NCAA has told University of North Carolina officials that the university apparently did not break NCAA rules in the scandal surrounding the school's Afro and African-American Studies Department, according to a statement released by the school Friday.
...
An enforcement staff member made "several" trips to Chapel Hill in the fall of 2011, according to the statement, and found "no violations of current NCAA rules or student-athlete eligibility issues related to courses in African and Afro-American Studies."


What ... the ... eff?

NCAA. All the letters are silent and its pronounced "joke."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD, just saw the replay where your QB got absolutely leveled by the North Texas player.

Ouch. If he knew what zip code he was in, I'd be amazed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6632
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
I'd rather us take care of Richmond first before we even think of NC State (Nov 3 in Raleigh).

September's going to be very interesting for the Cavs:
Sep 1 - Richmond
Sep 8 - Penn State
Sep 15 - @Georgia Tech
Sep 22 - @TCU
Sep 29 - Louisiana Tech

You've got a pair of should-be-gimme games (which means I worry) sandwiching three tough games, two on the road. If the Hoos can come out of that hot, October look very reasonable:
Oct 6 - @Duke
Oct 13 - Maryland [homecoming]
Oct 20 - Wake Forest

Which leads to the hunt:
Nov 3 - @NC State
Nov 10 - Miami
Nov 15 - North Carolina [South's Oldest Rivalry on Thursday? Oh boy!]
Nov 24 - @Virginia Tech

Five days and two division rivals? That sucks. The good news is that they are both at home. Still, that's incredibly rough, especially if the Miami game is mid-afternoon.

However, I fully expect us to lose at Lane.
UVA kicked the crap out of U of R today Very Happy .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
I'd rather us take care of Richmond first before we even think of NC State (Nov 3 in Raleigh).

September's going to be very interesting for the Cavs:
Sep 1 - Richmond
Sep 8 - Penn State
Sep 15 - @Georgia Tech
Sep 22 - @TCU
Sep 29 - Louisiana Tech

You've got a pair of should-be-gimme games (which means I worry) sandwiching three tough games, two on the road. If the Hoos can come out of that hot, October look very reasonable:
Oct 6 - @Duke
Oct 13 - Maryland [homecoming]
Oct 20 - Wake Forest

Which leads to the hunt:
Nov 3 - @NC State
Nov 10 - Miami
Nov 15 - North Carolina [South's Oldest Rivalry on Thursday? Oh boy!]
Nov 24 - @Virginia Tech

Five days and two division rivals? That sucks. The good news is that they are both at home. Still, that's incredibly rough, especially if the Miami game is mid-afternoon.

However, I fully expect us to lose at Lane.
UVA kicked the crap out of U of R today Very Happy .


Eh, we left a lot of plays on the field. However, a win's a win.

I just want to know how e16bball's team could let Maryland off the hook like that. UGLY win for the Terrapins having to come back late to score their only score of the game to hold on 7-6.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19360
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemson looks like Clemson: really gifted, but times when they just don't perform up to that talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4391
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loss of Minnefield looks like it hurts UVA at the moment. The middle of the field was open all the time. Hope they can learn from the gamefilm before next week.

And Michigan.... Looking like a B10 team does when facing the SEC. Laughing
_________________


Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3568
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Clemson looks like Clemson: really gifted, but times when they just don't perform up to that talent.


Year after year after year..............after year Confused
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group