Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible Trade/Move for WR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Possible Trade/Move for WR Reply with quote

At the end of Hardknocks, it showed Jeff Ireland on the phone. More than likely it was with Irsay. Ireland said "The Wide Receiver position will look different than it does now when we get our 53."

It looks that Miami is poised to make a move for WR via Free agency or trade. Miami may already have trade talks going on. Ireland may have a team lined up for a trade.

UniversalAuthor
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/28/2973070/miami-dolphins-could-have-major.html

Just to prove my point. My prediction is Jabar Gaffeny, and James Jones will be Phins this year.

UniversalAuthor
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get your interest in James Jones, but he drops a lot of balls. He may know the system well, but his inconsistent hands have kept him from stepping in the GB offense to a starter position. At the same time I get that he might be an upgrade to what we have.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Deon Butler could spark interest. I think he could be let go by Seattle. The Raiders may also have some cast offs that are intriguing for the WR spot. I also wonder if a guy like Andre Roberts, with the Cards could be had on the cheap. They invested in Michael Floyd and have Fitz and Early Doucet stepping up. Not sure, but I have to imagine we take a few stabs at wideout.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That preview really made it interesting to speculate. I saw rumor that it was to gain picks to make the trade for Mike Wallace. Really need to be watching the waiver wire in the next week though. Stallworth and Gaffny are definietly ones to watch out for

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be a challenge to get young talent via cuts with so many teams using formations that go 5 wide.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Berardino @MikeBerardino

Jeff Ireland when asked by Kim Bokamper whether he has a plan:

"Absolutely, this is one of really three times that we can procure players for this roster. I'm very excited about what's going to happen the next three days."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the waiver wire probably means - quickly call whoever Green Bay cuts at wide receiver.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsure why they dont bring in a guy like Plaxico. T.O makes sense but does not because of his persona. I was all about signing McNabb this off season. I bet he would have done better than Garrard and/or Moore. I am expecting James Jones soon.
jw33d

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I think WR talent in the next 2 drafts are better than the available WRs this offseason.

bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Moore to Arizona for Deon Butler WR

You heard it here first!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Mike Berardino @MikeBerardino

Jeff Ireland when asked by Kim Bokamper whether he has a plan:

"Absolutely, this is one of really three times that we can procure players for this roster. I'm very excited about what's going to happen the next three days."

This its going to be the interesting part. Is there a trade brewing or is he talking about the waiver wire. Things with moore could surface with them going with tannehill. I wonder if they regret not signing braylon when they could have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Matt Moore to Arizona for Deon Butler WR

You heard it here first!

Doesn't Butler still play for Seattle?
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we keep all the early round draft picks we've aquired. I'm not against using our 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks on bringing in a Veteran WR, but we need talent upgrades in too many places to surrender early picks for a player of a position that's so far removed from the ball, and will be late to the party.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Jones is a guy I have been mocking here for two years. He has potential to be a number 2, and at worst is an explosive number 3. If he is had for a 4th or lower I'm down. Gaffney is an interesting name also. I like how he fits in the offense. Having no true number 1, a receiving core of Jones, Hartline, Bess, Gaffney, Naanee, Moore/Matthews/Wallace/Cunningham really isn't all that bad. I could handle it. Next year draft a top flight guy, and you have the start of a good thing.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: