Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Look Ahead: 2013 Draft Class (QB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddevil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Like I said before: why draft a project when you already have one in Pryor? Now there is at this moment only one QB I'd draft next year: Matt Barkley. He's pro ready, been in a big time school, played all four years, even though. He couldn't play in a bowl game he still was a top QB second only to Luck in the PAC 12. And he came back his senior year, I know you could say he did that so he could be the #1 pick but honestly I think a team that doesn't need a QB will pick #1. In other words guys a winner and he wants to win. If we can't get him I say we draft a RT or a CB.

I think we either go S or DT and try and free up some cash in both those spots. Huff, Seymour the two likely canidates to be replaced. I think they are happy enough with Gio as a backup to let Huff go and we have two DT's that can start now. Then likely we will get a LB from Stanford. Skov or Thomas. Unless there draft stock shoots up we should be able to get one of them.

Not sure I agree with these positions the ones I would target with our 1st pick. Safety is an area I wouldn't want to alter too much. Huff and Branch are steady away. Not world beaters, but good solid players. I would hope that Huff would restructure again. Seymour is gone, but I like the depth at DT. If Sey does go I think Kelly becomes the main man and we have Bryant who is blossoming into a player and Houston can move inside as well. That's 3 players to satisfy the inside.

I would rather us go after either an outside pass rusher or corner with our 1st pick. I love Shaggy, but he ain't a constant threat to the QB. If we could get one of the premier pass rushers in the draft, I would be delighted. Equally, our CB situation, with all 3 first choice corners all on 1 year contracts isn't a situation that you want to keep for too long. Even if 1 or 2 of Bartell, Spencer or Hanson renews their contract it still doesn't bode too well for the future.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want David Amerson, DeMarcus Milliner, or D.J. Fluker in the 1st round next year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I want David Amerson, DeMarcus Milliner, or D.J. Fluker in the 1st round next year.

Fluker is a guard in the NFL imo. Not sure he'd fit with the Raiders.
reddevil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

For me: would love Amerson, Jarvis Jones (doubtful) or Taylor Lewen - him and Veldheer bookends for the next 10 years.
FloydFan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too high on Rodgers. I like him as Vandy's QB, but I just don't see him translating well into the NFL. He seems to get flustered and lose composure. Wilson and Bray will be the two QBs out of the SEC to keep a watch on in the pros. The homer in me wants Bray. I'm expecting good things out of him this year as long as he keeps his attitude in check. I think not having Rodgers in the locker room will help that. Whatever, I'm just glad tomorrows the first home game of the season. Dancing
Django

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloydFan wrote:
I'm not too high on Rodgers. I like him as Vandy's QB, but I just don't see him translating well into the NFL. He seems to get flustered and lose composure. Wilson and Bray will be the two QBs out of the SEC to keep a watch on in the pros. The homer in me wants Bray. I'm expecting good things out of him this year as long as he keeps his attitude in check. I think not having Rodgers in the locker room will help that. Whatever, I'm just glad tomorrows the first home game of the season. Dancing

Does anybody here remember Erik Ainge? Remember how he said that he would lead UT some sunny day....ERIK! ERIK! What has become of you?

Does anybody else in here...feel the way I do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: