You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Look Ahead: 2013 Draft Class (QB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Geno Smith. Bandwagon is still open, dude is going to serve in the nfl

make room, I was on before week 1 fyi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Geno Smith. Bandwagon is still open, dude is going to serve in the nfl

make room, I was on before week 1 fyi

me too, i was on it after the LSU game last year Laughing
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make. If Wilson plays good football he's going to help Murrys stock, at least a little bit. I like what Wilson brings to the table, but I don't expect him to explode this year, I think in his first year he will be more of a game manager, that's why I see Murray being a second round pick, especially because I agree that there aren't as many eams in need of a QB, but personally I would take Murray in the first if I'm running a WCO and not a vertical passing attack, and not think twice about it.

Personally, I would not simply because there's no value in it. At a late 1st his value v. risk is still too high. Wilson fails or simply doesn't get an opportunity if he were drafted by 85% of the rest of the league. So you would reach on a Murray-type who needs a specific situation and a specific system in order to find success over a physically transcendent player who can play the game at a high level in a number of different ways regardless of system?

The draft is a gamble on a number of levels. If Murray isn't there late 2nd then someone took too much of a gamble for me.

And I totally see where your coming from, and if I hadn't seen every game since Murray has been at UGA I would probably agree (and I don't mean that as you haven't seen him as much so you don't have a good read on his skills. I have just watched Murray a ton because I'm a UGA fan and he was the next in line after Stafford, and yes I'm leaving out Joe Cox on purpose lol. I've seen him grow and improve and I think he's going to get better.

I just believe Murray has everything you look for in a QB besides an elite deep ball. When I watch him play I see a QB with good accuracy, good zip on his passes, good job progressing through his reads, experienced, plays in a pro style offense, and he's a solid athlete for a QB. He also had poor WR play last year, our top WR from last year was switched to CB.

I totally get where your coming from but I think Aaron can be a legit franchise QB in a WCO. Its for that reason that I would take him in the first, if your unsure or don't agree with that then your right the value isn't there. And I'm not saying I would take him top ten, but at around pick 20 I like the value, depending on who comes out of course

I would like to note that I'm saying this with the assumption that he continues to improve like he has through his career, if he takes a big step back I will need to reevaluate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Truth be told Pryor should be coming out this year.

He's the kind of QB that was so RAW that he needed 5 years in college. Should have certainly redshirted his freshman year.

Here are my comparisons (Ceiling/Floor)

Pryor ( TEBOW!/Bad Vince Young or Dennis Dixon)

Honestly I need to see more of Wilson/Bray to get a better comparison.

As with Pryor...I honestly cant think of a good/great QB who threw like him...but also ran like him.
More than likely he's the next Dennis Dixon. I hope Im wrong though.

FIFY!

Pryor has a cult-like following:

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

legend my man you have a bias

Murray can't make it in the next level.... too small, maybe a late round pick who can latch on like Kellen Moore..

Take a look at another bulldog, Derek Carr from FRESNO State.. will be better than his brother
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make. If Wilson plays good football he's going to help Murrys stock, at least a little bit. I like what Wilson brings to the table, but I don't expect him to explode this year, I think in his first year he will be more of a game manager, that's why I see Murray being a second round pick, especially because I agree that there aren't as many eams in need of a QB, but personally I would take Murray in the first if I'm running a WCO and not a vertical passing attack, and not think twice about it.

Personally, I would not simply because there's no value in it. At a late 1st his value v. risk is still too high. Wilson fails or simply doesn't get an opportunity if he were drafted by 85% of the rest of the league. So you would reach on a Murray-type who needs a specific situation and a specific system in order to find success over a physically transcendent player who can play the game at a high level in a number of different ways regardless of system?

The draft is a gamble on a number of levels. If Murray isn't there late 2nd then someone took too much of a gamble for me.

And I totally see where your coming from, and if I hadn't seen every game since Murray has been at UGA I would probably agree (and I don't mean that as you haven't seen him as much so you don't have a good read on his skills. I have just watched Murray a ton because I'm a UGA fan and he was the next in line after Stafford, and yes I'm leaving out Joe Cox on purpose lol. I've seen him grow and improve and I think he's going to get better.

I just believe Murray has everything you look for in a QB besides an elite deep ball. When I watch him play I see a QB with good accuracy, good zip on his passes, good job progressing through his reads, experienced, plays in a pro style offense, and he's a solid athlete for a QB. He also had poor WR play last year, our top WR from last year was switched to CB.

I totally get where your coming from but I think Aaron can be a legit franchise QB in a WCO. Its for that reason that I would take him in the first, if your unsure or don't agree with that then your right the value isn't there. And I'm not saying I would take him top ten, but at around pick 20 I like the value, depending on who comes out of course

I would like to note that I'm saying this with the assumption that he continues to improve like he has through his career, if he takes a big step back I will need to reevaluate.

Much of a homer?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
legend my man you have a bias

Murray can't make it in the next level.... too small, maybe a late round pick who can latch on like Kellen Moore..

Take a look at another bulldog, Derek Carr from FRESNO State.. will be better than his brother

Murray is NOTHING like Kellen Moore and I will guarantee that he's drafted before the th round. Sig bet? Moore doesn't just lack the ability to throw the ball deep, he can't hit the outside routes, he cat work the intermediate stuff. Murray doesn't have a problem doing it.

Let's also not forget that Murray plays with the big boys on a regular basis and has shown he can be effective.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep an eye out for those Bulldogs

Keep an eye out for my Bulldogs Cool

you would think if Murray was such a great QB he would put some points on LSU and Bama , not the rest of the SEC Shocked
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Much of a homer?

I try not to be, but obviously I know more about UGA players then most other players. I can tell you right now that Jarvis Jones is my favorite player in the draft next year, but I also really dislike prospects from UGA like Jonathan Jenkings and Bacarri Rambo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
I'll keep an eye out for those Bulldogs

Keep an eye out for my Bulldogs Cool

you would think if Murray was such a great QB he would put some points on LSU and Bama , not the rest of the SEC Shocked

The WR core was poor last season , we had some problems at RB, and the OL had to shuffle around at times. Still not putting up points against the two best teams in football last year shouldnt condemn you as a pro prospect.

I haven't watched Carr at all, but I hear there is plenty to like, I'll keep an eye out for them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enough faith in Terrelle Pryor to at least wait one more year before using another early pick in the draft on a quarterback. My ideal early draft scenario,

1st: David Amerson, CB, N.C. State
3rd: Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford
4th: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
5th: Cameron Meredith, DE, Nebraska
6th: LaAdrian Waddle, OT/OG, Texas Tech
7th: Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Logan Thomas a considered first round pick? I asked this in the college football section and got nothing (I don't even know what that forum is even used for). It has to be merely b/c he's got size and a little speed b/c he'll be as raw as they come.

In order:

Mallet
Bray
Wilson
Jones
Murray
Smith
Dysert (Watch out for this kid. First exposure to him against OSU and he is legit.)
Manuel
Thomas

IMO

Bray could fall if he interviews bad b/c he seems to be quite the [inappropriate/removed]. In terms of talent though, he's as good as they come

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
[size=11]I have enough faith in Terrelle Pryor to at least wait one more year before using another early pick in the draft on a quarterback.

We haven't used an early pick since 07..... and Pryor sucks. We need a QB for the future is Palmer doesn't get it together this season, period. We have too many young, good WRs to have a QB like Pryor throwing inaccurate passes all over the field. Sorry if you like he can run and makes the game "exciting" but I like winning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Much of a homer?

I try not to be, but obviously I know more about UGA players then most other players. I can tell you right now that Jarvis Jones is my favorite player in the draft next year, but I also really dislike prospects from UGA like Jonathan Jenkings and Bacarri Rambo.

I'll go to bat w/ LLWFC. I see a lot of UGA football, a lot. Murray is nothing like Kellen Moore. He can drive the ball better than Moore first off. He's also got a higher release point on the football. That is whey Breese and Wilson will find success. The ball come out higher than w/ a lot of shorter QBs.

But his game is being smart and manipulating the pocket to give himself lanes.

That said, I wouldn't say he's a franchise QB, but only because I caution against the shorter QBs. I shouldn't, but I do because the risk always seems better than reward.

As for Jarvis Jones, awesome player. Quick, instinctive, good against the run and getting after the QB. 3-4 team are going to be in love w/ him. In a 4-3 set ala Oakland, he can play the Von Miller role in Allen's D.

He was a USC transfer and had a neck injury. Teams will really be looking at that come April.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.

I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.

I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.

LOL at Jordan Rogers.

He's older than TP and he completed 50% of his passes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: