You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Look Ahead: 2013 Draft Class (QB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 8060
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

Jax, Cle, Mia just drafted QBS... Weeden will get atleast 2-3 years


that leaves two teams
Logan Thomas, Barkley, Bray, Landry Jones as blue chippers as of right now


This is just mho, but the new CBA allows for teams to give up on QBs quicker. Imo, should Jax, Cle & Mia not see an immediate impact a la Newton, Dalton, Luck, etc, etc the temptation to select Barkley will be too great. In addition, with less of a financial commitment to the position drafting Barkley would also give said teams instant quality depth and potential trade bait in the future. This is a new NFL.

Lastly, it speaks volumes if you think Thomas & Jones are blue chippers. We'd be much better building around Palmer. Bray is a huge character risk. What a jerk. I highly doubt McKenzie would be interested in him. Bray is going to fall in the draft due to his fragility and poor attitude, if he comes out at all.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Totty


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 9993
Location: Moundsville W.V.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated!
_________________


First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 4267
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 8060
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.


Tyler Wilson is going to be a good WCO QB. Would love to see him in S&B.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.


Aaron Murray is going to be a first or second round pick, if he's there in the second round I'd love to trade up and take him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 8060
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.


Aaron Murray is going to be a first or second round pick, if he's there in the second round I'd love to trade up and take him.


Statistics suggest otherwise, how many QBs < 6'2" have historically been drafted in the first two rounds? Including Drew Brees, not very many (in fact Brees may be the only one in the modern era). Unless the Bulldogs are playing for a championship or Murray rips up the stats, it'd be a serious roll of the dice to bet on Murray being a high draft pick to build around.

More likely, Murray will get drafted by a value seeking team and stashed away. Murray will have to make the most of an injury opportunity to earn his starts, imvho. Eventually it will come and Murray will eventually start some games in the NFL.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.


Aaron Murray is going to be a first or second round pick, if he's there in the second round I'd love to trade up and take him.


Statistics suggest otherwise, how many QBs < 6'2" have historically been drafted in the first two rounds? Including Drew Brees, not very many (in fact Brees may be the only one in the modern era). Unless the Bulldogs are playing for a championship or Murray rips up the stats, it'd be a serious roll of the dice to bet on Murray being a high draft pick to build around.

More likely, Murray will get drafted by a value seeking team and stashed away. Murray will have to make the most of an injury opportunity to earn his starts, imvho. Eventually it will come and Murray will eventually start some games in the NFL.


I agree with you for the most part. I love me some Murray but I think he ends up being a late second round pick when its all said and done. Though i think he has the tools of a first round QB outside of height. Although if Wilson kills it this year it could cause some teams to forget about taking short QBs early.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.


Aaron Murray is going to be a first or second round pick, if he's there in the second round I'd love to trade up and take him.


Statistics suggest otherwise, how many QBs < 6'2" have historically been drafted in the first two rounds? Including Drew Brees, not very many (in fact Brees may be the only one in the modern era). Unless the Bulldogs are playing for a championship or Murray rips up the stats, it'd be a serious roll of the dice to bet on Murray being a high draft pick to build around.

More likely, Murray will get drafted by a value seeking team and stashed away. Murray will have to make the most of an injury opportunity to earn his starts, imvho. Eventually it will come and Murray will eventually start some games in the NFL.


I agree with you for the most part. I love me some Murray but I think he ends up being a late second round pick when its all said and done. Though i think he has the tools of a first round QB outside of height. Although if Wilson kills it this year it could cause some teams to forget about taking short QBs early.


Love Murray . . . and his draft position will depend on the success of Russ Wilson. The NFL is about trends, if teams see Wilson having success, they will be more apt to not over look a shorter pro ready prospect based on height. Just my .02
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 7206
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith. Bandwagon is still open, dude is going to serve in the nfl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 7206
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, no landry jones...he's trash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
To be honest there is no point in drafting a project QB. We already have one on the roster. If we draft a QB it should be one thats ready to compete.


I agree. Barkley would be the only one worthy. L. Thomas is no different than T. Pryor except Pryor is already getting his work in NFL.


I'm going to expand the "ready to play" list a bit to include:

Arkansas Tyler Wilson
Georgia Aaron Murray
Vandy Jordan Rogers

all best suited for a WCO, all shorter prospects. However, with the success of Vick, Breesy and Wilson, Murray & Rogers will be late round steals that will give an NFL stater all he can handle.


Aaron Murray is going to be a first or second round pick, if he's there in the second round I'd love to trade up and take him.


Statistics suggest otherwise, how many QBs < 6'2" have historically been drafted in the first two rounds? Including Drew Brees, not very many (in fact Brees may be the only one in the modern era). Unless the Bulldogs are playing for a championship or Murray rips up the stats, it'd be a serious roll of the dice to bet on Murray being a high draft pick to build around.

More likely, Murray will get drafted by a value seeking team and stashed away. Murray will have to make the most of an injury opportunity to earn his starts, imvho. Eventually it will come and Murray will eventually start some games in the NFL.


I agree with you for the most part. I love me some Murray but I think he ends up being a late second round pick when its all said and done. Though i think he has the tools of a first round QB outside of height. Although if Wilson kills it this year it could cause some teams to forget about taking short QBs early.


Love Murray . . . and his draft position will depend on the success of Russ Wilson. The NFL is about trends, if teams see Wilson having success, they will be more apt to not over look a shorter pro ready prospect based on height. Just my .02


Yeah that's the point I was trying to make. If Wilson plays good football he's going to help Murrys stock, at least a little bit. I like what Wilson brings to the table, but I don't expect him to explode this year, I think in his first year he will be more of a game manager, that's why I see Murray being a second round pick, especially because I agree that there aren't as many eams in need of a QB, but personally I would take Murray in the first if I'm running a WCO and not a vertical passing attack, and not think twice about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 3145
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be told Pryor should be coming out this year.

He's the kind of QB that was so RAW that he needed 5 years in college. Should have certainly redshirted his freshman year.

Here are my comparisons (Ceiling/Floor)

Matt Barkley - (Matt Ryan/Mark Sanchez)

Logan Thomas ( Big Ben/ poor man's Byron Leftwhich) *boom or bust*

Geno Smith (Good Aaron Brooks/ Bad Aaron Brooks)

Pryor ( Cant think of anybody? Good Vince Young?/Bad Vince Young or Dennis Dixon)


Honestly I need to see more of Wilson/Bray to get a better comparison.

As with Pryor...I honestly cant think of a good/great QB who threw like him...but also ran like him.
More than likely he's the next Dennis Dixon. I hope Im wrong though.


Last edited by Django on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 8060
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make. If Wilson plays good football he's going to help Murrys stock, at least a little bit. I like what Wilson brings to the table, but I don't expect him to explode this year, I think in his first year he will be more of a game manager, that's why I see Murray being a second round pick, especially because I agree that there aren't as many eams in need of a QB, but personally I would take Murray in the first if I'm running a WCO and not a vertical passing attack, and not think twice about it.


Personally, I would not simply because there's no value in it. At a late 1st his value v. risk is still too high. Wilson fails or simply doesn't get an opportunity if he were drafted by 85% of the rest of the league. So you would reach on a Murray-type who needs a specific situation and a specific system in order to find success over a physically transcendent player who can play the game at a high level in a number of different ways regardless of system?

The draft is a gamble on a number of levels. If Murray isn't there late 2nd then someone took too much of a gamble for me.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group