You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Look Ahead: 2013 Draft Class (QB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
1. Flynn has been injured. Hard to compete when banged up
2 Miami wanted Flynn, he choose Seattle. Wouldn't you given the choice?

(Devil's advocate)

1. So was Garrard but they still signed him and were gonna roll with him as starter for the 1st game

2. Hell no. At that time, they still had Marshall, Bush looked better and Miami >>>>> Seattle as far as cities go. Plus playing for a coach you've already had and in a system you're familiar with? Sign me up if I'm Flynn.

1. Garrard was a cheaper option.

2. Carrol>>>Philbin. Seattle had the look of a team on the rise. Miami is rebuilding w/ a coach who seem very meh. Also, give me Seattle over Miami any day of the week!

Disclaimer: I'm in no way saying I want Flynn to QB the Raiders. Just making ties to the GB roots and the WCO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

1. So was Garrard but they still signed him and were gonna roll with him as starter for the 1st game

2. Hell no. At that time, they still had Marshall, Bush looked better and Miami >>>>> Seattle as far as cities go. Plus playing for a coach you've already had and in a system you're familiar with? Sign me up if I'm Flynn.

2. Carrol>>>Philbin. Seattle had the look of a team on the rise. Miami is rebuilding w/ a coach who seem very meh. Also, give me Seattle over Miami any day of the week!

Disclaimer: I'm in no way saying I want Flynn to QB the Raiders. Just making ties to the GB roots and the WCO.

1. On second thought, if I remember right, they signed him after picking Tannehil too. Maybe Philbin wanted his own guy or the owner wanted a face of the franchise. Obviously, that face is Lauren Tannehil's. Laughing

2. Did it hurt giving Carrol some love? Pretty sure you're a Duck. amirite?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

1. On second thought, if I remember right, they signed him after picking Tannehil too. Maybe Philbin wanted his own guy or the owner wanted a face of the franchise. Obviously, that face is Lauren Tannehil's. Laughing

1. Tannehill's chick - overrated.

2. Chip Kelly FTW!!! Side note - Hope the Steelers cut Paulson so the Raiders can have a TE Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

2. Chip Kelly FTW!!! Side note - Hope the Steelers cut Paulson so the Raiders can have a TE Wink

1. I just googled her, and I agree

2. I did not know I had a fellow Duck fan here in this forum
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

I was wondering were Paulson went to. He would be a nice addition. Thought he was much better than people gave him credit for especially considering he didnt have a big name QB throwing to him.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

I was wondering were Paulson went to. He would be a nice addition. Thought he was much better than people gave him credit for especially considering he didnt have a big name QB throwing to him.

Darron Thomas was a pretty darn efficient passer, but Oregon generally doesnt have any TE, or WR for that matter, who gets much production. They rotate players so frequently and almost always have at least 1 TE and 3-4 WRs on the field at any time, not to mention the fact that they pass the ball like 40% of the time.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4RAZASJumA

Just in case you dont know. Not a big blocker but has terrific hands.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Call me crazy, but I think in due time the starting QB of this team will be Matt Flynn. If not for the Palmer trade that saddled Reggie and Co. w/ him for the immediate future, I think Reggie would have been after him in FA.

Now he's backing up Wilson when he wanted to be a starter. He's the fit for the Knapp offense and his GB roots run deep w/ Reggie.

Just a feeling I have. Reggie will watch Palmer closely this season. If he's not the answer, look for him to pursue Flynn.

I don't know man...he wasn't able to beat out an undersized rookie QB for the starting spot...

It'd be funny if hypothetically somehow next TC Palmer was gone and we had Flynn and Pryor beat him out as a long shot Laughing

Not sure if I want Flynn. He seems like another average QB who can have a good game now and then but just can't get it done. If he was really that good, he would have turned it on in the clutch and beaten out Wilson. While I'd LOVE Barkley in S&B duds, I don't see that happening, either. Sad

Not only that, but Miami didn't sign him either. His QB coach didn't want the "franchise QB" he helped developed? Very doubtful IMO.

Has he been? I thought he had played in the first 2 preseason games before the 3rd when Wilson started and Jackson came in after to be showcased?

And I thought the Dolphins were low balling Flynn, which is why he picked the Seahawks?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

Heard on one of the Steelers preseason broadcast they really like him. Can imagine they do. Kids hands were sticky at Oregon. If he puts it together he could be a nice pass catcher.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

You wanna go do karate in the garage!?

Last edited by ZoomWaffle on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO DUCKS Razz
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
GO DUCKS Razz

Holiday Bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
GO DUCKS Razz

Holiday Bowl.

Why I oughta!
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Carson and I don't think we'll be picking that high, but if he flames out, I'm all for going Barkley if possible. I think he'd be ready to start day 1, too.

#JDI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: