Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20868
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Peterson would be TREMENDOUS for USC. Christ.

And the best line of the whole Arkansas situation goes to Jim Rome: Maybe Bret Bielemna was bored. I can lose five games and STILL go to the Rose Bowl? I'm out of here. PAY ME.

I agree with Plan9 - with the talent Arkansas tends to acquire at the RB spot, and the consistency that Wisconsin has had to have elite OL, it is going to be a very nice situation for Arkansas. People forget that had Bobby not spit in the face of fate, they would have been contenders. The talent is there.


Still on my deerstand, so I haven't listened to any sports radio today, but my buddies are blowing up my phone with texts. Hog fans are split on the hire. Some don't think he was good enough or a big enough name. Then there are those that realize that Arkansas has never won a BCS game and only been to one. Bielema will get Arkansas to that next level. This is a very good hire and our running game is going to be dominant.

PS - I'm verry happy for Malzahn.


ht, your running game won't be dominant. It'll be GODDAMNED RIDICULOUS. Your o-linemen are going to mow the lawn with virutally every defense they face. That system is sick when it comes to running the football. They just maul you.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1984
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great hire, but is he success more about the type of players that he was recruiting at Wisconsin?

If he can install that running game at Arkansas the sky is the limit for the Razorbacks.

Do they run a ZBS at Wisconsin?
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10537
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Peterson would be TREMENDOUS for USC. Christ.

And the best line of the whole Arkansas situation goes to Jim Rome: Maybe Bret Bielemna was bored. I can lose five games and STILL go to the Rose Bowl? I'm out of here. PAY ME.

I agree with Plan9 - with the talent Arkansas tends to acquire at the RB spot, and the consistency that Wisconsin has had to have elite OL, it is going to be a very nice situation for Arkansas. People forget that had Bobby not spit in the face of fate, they would have been contenders. The talent is there.


Still on my deerstand, so I haven't listened to any sports radio today, but my buddies are blowing up my phone with texts. Hog fans are split on the hire. Some don't think he was good enough or a big enough name. Then there are those that realize that Arkansas has never won a BCS game and only been to one. Bielema will get Arkansas to that next level. This is a very good hire and our running game is going to be dominant.

PS - I'm verry happy for Malzahn.


ht, your running game won't be dominant. It'll be GODDAMNED RIDICULOUS. Your o-linemen are going to mow the lawn with virutally every defense they face. That system is sick when it comes to running the football. They just maul you.


Plan isn't lying. BB is all about massive, road graders and running the ball at will behind the nastiest OL around, imo. Check out their depth chart. It's obscene. And, it doesn't matter what year they are. Freshman are huge...Seniors are just unbelievably huge. When have you, or anyone else for that matter seen a 340lb center...btw, Frederick is one of my favorite prospects.

http://wisconsin.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp
_________________

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10537
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Do they run a ZBS at Wisconsin?


No....well they tried at start of year after Christ left for Pitt. BB fired his new OL coach after 2 games.
_________________

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.


Last edited by WizardHawk on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11045
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main concern about Bielema at Arkansas is whether or not the average fan is smart enough to realize that it's gonna take a couple of years for Bielema to fully install his scheme. You can't go from a finesse, pass blocking offensive system to a road grading, power running system overnight. Petrino's o-linemen are not the right fit for Bielema's offense. Hog fans want immediate results but it'll take 2 recruiting classes to get it fully worked out.

Rabid Hog fans make the DCRA look like homers. Laughing
_________________


Cowboys Forum Ring of Honor Class of 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20868
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
My main concern about Bielema at Arkansas is whether or not the average fan is smart enough to realize that it's gonna take a couple of years for Bielema to fully install his scheme. You can't go from a finesse, pass blocking offensive system to a road grading, power running system overnight. Petrino's o-linemen are not the right fit for Bielema's offense. Hog fans want immediate results but it'll take 2 recruiting classes to get it fully worked out.


Most college programs need a few years to get the players to fit the scheme being implemented by the new head coach. The bigger issue is whether the alumni and the boosters accept the new coach. I hope that Arkansas fans are willing to make that kind of emotional investment in Bielema because they'll fall in love with his offense when he reaches the point where the powerhouse SEC programs can't assemble a defense to stop that running game.

Quote:
Rabid Hog fans make the DCRA look like homers. Laughing


I think this is the first time anyone has compared our beloved organization to homers and actually pulled it off. Nice work, ht. Nice work, indeed.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25140
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE?!

http://www.imagecpr.com/?p=10980

Kristi Malzahn's interview. Holy Crap. This is hilarious.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1984
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough. Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

Quote from Barry Switzer.

You just gotta love Barry!
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25140
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry Tony.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25140
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Bowl Game (Nevada v Arizona) is fun so far. Watch!
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25140
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a high powered scoring game. And a THRILLING final minute. WOWOWOOW
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25140
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it may be great to be a Florida Gator, that was embarrassing.

I will allow for one week of ish talking.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25140
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Bama over ND 27-17.

Lot's of great match-ups today. Bamas Stud OL vs ND Front 7 is my favorite one to witness.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I got Bama over ND 27-17.

Lot's of great match-ups today. Bamas Stud OL vs ND Front 7 is my favorite one to witness.


Barrett Jones vs Louis Nix.

Stephon Tuiit vs Kouandjio. Tuiit is a striaght up stud as a soph. He will be the number 2 ranked de going into 2013.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11567
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go Irish, whoop that Bama ARSE!!!!!
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 35 of 40

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group