Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
So if Georgia beats Bama and USC beats ND, does that give us a Florida Georgia NC if Georgia beats LSU/Bama again in the SEC championship?

See.

If ND loses
If UF beats FUS
- Florida has a good shot to go against either Bama or UGA-

Why? We have had the best schedule in College Football. And we would be ranked #2 after one of them (Bama/UGA) Fall.

This is a pipe dream though. And while we have played amazing, we still have work to do. But this has been a damn good season for us. A win against FSU gives us the SugarBowl. That's the real game I care about. We finish the season on a high note.

IF ND looses to USC and UF beats FSU, I don't think you can keep the Gators out of the BCS game.. they have unquestionably played the toughest schedule this season.
DaGarun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of talk about an LSU/OU Sugar, but I don't see how we jump UF if they get by FSU. Then again, I didn't see how Bama could get a do-over last year either...

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaGarun wrote:
I've seen a lot of talk about an LSU/OU Sugar, but I don't see how we jump UF if they get by FSU. Then again, I didn't see how Bama could get a do-over last year either...

LSU doesn't control it's future. They need UF to lose this weekend. Then they are in the driver seat. Well, actually, it depends on how LSU plays against Arkansas and then how A&M does against MIZZ.

But you need UF to fall first while also taking care of business.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
So if Georgia beats Bama and USC beats ND, does that give us a Florida Georgia NC if Georgia beats LSU/Bama again in the SEC championship?

See.

If ND loses
If UF beats FUS

Why? We have had the best schedule in College Football. And we would be ranked #2 after one of them (Bama/UGA) Fall.

This is a pipe dream though. And while we have played amazing, we still have work to do. But this has been a damn good season for us. A win against FSU gives us the SugarBowl. That's the real game I care about. We finish the season on a high note.

IF ND looses to USC and UF beats FSU, I don't think you can keep the Gators out of the BCS game.. they have unquestionably played the toughest schedule this season.

It'll also depend on who ends up in the Pac12 championship game. If Stanford loses to UCLA and Oregon beats Oregon State, then Oregon will get the chance to play for the Pac-12 title. Should Oregon win, they'll be more likely to go to the BCS championship because they played for, and won, their conference where Florida did not.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which frankly, I would have no issue with. Oregon has played well all year. They stumbled the week before.

All I want is for Florida to take care of business next week. Anything after that is gravy on the season.

In Redball I Trust!
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

See.

If ND loses
If UF beats FUS

It'll also depend on who ends up in the Pac12 championship game. If Stanford loses to UCLA and Oregon beats Oregon State, then Oregon will get the chance to play for the Pac-12 title. Should Oregon win, they'll be more likely to go to the BCS championship because they played for, and won, their conference where Florida did not.

Didn't we cover this LAST YEAR, you don't have to WIN YOUR CONFERENCE to go to the BCS IF your conference is the SEC! Wink
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water cooler talk is that Gruden may take his announcing talents and coach Tenn. Sweet mother can the SEC really keep getting better?

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

See.

If ND loses
If UF beats FUS

Didn't we cover this LAST YEAR, you don't have to WIN YOUR CONFERENCE to go to the BCS IF your conference is the SEC! Wink

I'm aware of that, thank you. I'm just saying that Oregon isn't out of the running if UCLA beats Stanford on Saturday.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
DaGarun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:

Don't remind me... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Water cooler talk is that Gruden may take his announcing talents and coach Tenn. Sweet mother can the SEC really keep getting better?

Maybe. Not sold on Gruden in the college ranks. Not sure why. maybe the track records of coaches jumping from NFL to college and vice versa.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Yeah apparently Haslam's brother is the Gov. of the state and the two have a ton of sway over the program and apparently both love Gruden as a coach. Gruden's also been talking to his "buddies" seeing who would be available and it's been college level

Sig courtesy of mack.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Maybe. Not sold on Gruden in the college ranks. Not sure why. maybe the track records of coaches jumping from NFL to college and vice versa.

I recall 2-3 years back, Gruden saying he wanted to go to the college level to get a better grasp of the Spread and be able to translate it to the Pros. One thing Gruden will be able to do is recruit. He can sell a Super Bowl Championship. He can sell knowing QBs. If he gets the right Coordinators - it could be a lethal situation.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan vs Ohio State has been excellent to watch.

In Redball I Trust!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Michigan vs Ohio State has been excellent to watch.

It really has been good. OSU just keeps doing enough wrong to allow Michigan to hang around.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden already has an offer on the table to come to Arkansas. Jerry Jones introduced Gruden to Arkansas AD Jeff Long back when Dallas played on MNF. The 2 were seen meeting again 2 weeks ago on Jerry's private plane in Tampa, where Gruden still lives. Jeff Long made an offer and Gruden is supposedly mulling it over.

Having said that, Gruden won't be coming to Arkansas. If he goes to a college team, it will be Tennessee. His wife is a Tennessee Alum and her family lives in that area. It makes sense for him to go there more than it does to go to Arkansas.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 27 of 40

Jump to: