Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 4- Rams vs Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on Brockers injury? Last I heard, it wasn't supposed to be anything severe. It was labeled "day to day"

Seems like the next day though is usually the better assessment...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Any updates on Brockers injury? Last I heard, it wasn't supposed to be anything severe. It was labeled "day to day"

Seems like the next day though is usually the better assessment...

That's not a good thing because the ankle gets fatter..
Hopefully it was just a tweak. Hopefully that puppy is elevated
and on ice and there is a masseuse in hand.
If it's a high ankle sprain we are screwed.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we was seen in a walking boot

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

d'oh!

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

d'oh!

That usually = High Ankle sprain.. Such a shame because the kid
stood out on all 4 pre-season games. He was making tackles at the LOS. Well we play the lions and they have a weak Running game!

Hey stay positive right Laughing ?

Those injuries take at least a month. I had one playing ball.. It's nassssssssssssssssssssssty.. Your whole foot looks like a Kankle.

mozwanted wrote:
JAD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Im not. McNeill is a better blocker than Mulligan? Yea try again. McNeill makes that kid on the dolphins from Hard Knocks look like a good blocker.

McNeill is an over-sized Receiver. I dont know what the fascination with him is, it just smells of more irrational Danario love. I know the kid, and while I like him and his is fun to hang out with, Hes not an NFL player. At times he is surprised that he is still around. Do you know how many chip blocks he has missed and wrong routes he has run? Just saying because you see a few nice catches doesnt mean he is making the team or better than any of the other guys we have.

McNeil isn't a great blocker by any means, but you are exaggerating. I mean do you honestly know how many chipped blocks McNeil has missed? or wrong routes he has run?

How about the fact that Mulligan had 9 penalties last year as a blocking tight end, including 6 pre-snap penalties? He also almost got Sanchez killed by missing a chip on Andre Carter last year against the Pats. He also had to be separated from the Jets running backs coach last year after a shouting match on the sideline (due to a false start penalty). Schotty himself looked like he was going to murder Mulligan after negating a 41 yard Shonn Greene run against the Bills last year with a holding penalty.

Just because you aren't a fan doesn't mean we have "irrational love" and "fascination" for the kid. All of us who like him know he won't be anything more than depth. If you went to practice, I'm sure you saw how often Bradford targeted him. He isn't anything more than a #3 tight end, but why not have a decent receiving option who has shown 'chemistry' with Bradford. You said it yourself, and I agree, Illini Mike and Kendricks are both solid blockers. Add in the fact that Mughelli has improved every game and we have additional blocking support.

My only concern with that plan would be relying on Hoomanawanuii to stay healthy all year (which won't happen).

Mulligan will probably make the team because he can play special teams and has the Schotty connection, but I don't think its a good decision.

Bjoern Werner Tunes Up for Senior Season
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Whoa. Whoa. I am not calling for doom and gloom. All I said was that e needs to improve in that area if he is going to be our franchise QB. Its no secret he has had a lack of support, but I'm of the opinion that a great QB can overcome a bad supporting cast. We've seen it time and again.
Which he did as a Rookie, but he has one year of regression (an observed pattern for QBs) and a bunch of people around here, not just you, are going with the "you have to wonder, Im not sure he is the guy, he has alot of questions to answer" You all realize that he only played in 10 games last season? And he was dealing with the ankle problem in his final 5 of those.

I know numbers arent everything, but if you project his numbers from 10 games over the entire year he would have thrown for over 3500 yards. Which would have put him in the Top 15 of QBs last season. And if you project from his first 5 (where he played against the 3rd, 8th, and 13th best defenses) before he got hurt he would have been over 3700 yards which would have almost put him in the Top 10
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockers has a high ankle sprain. How has he played so far? I haven't had a chance to watch any of his games.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAD wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Im not. McNeill is a better blocker than Mulligan? Yea try again. McNeill makes that kid on the dolphins from Hard Knocks look like a good blocker.

McNeill is an over-sized Receiver. I dont know what the fascination with him is, it just smells of more irrational Danario love. I know the kid, and while I like him and his is fun to hang out with, Hes not an NFL player. At times he is surprised that he is still around. Do you know how many chip blocks he has missed and wrong routes he has run? Just saying because you see a few nice catches doesnt mean he is making the team or better than any of the other guys we have.

McNeil isn't a great blocker by any means, but you are exaggerating. I mean do you honestly know how many chipped blocks McNeil has missed? or wrong routes he has run?

How about the fact that Mulligan had 9 penalties last year as a blocking tight end, including 6 pre-snap penalties? He also almost got Sanchez killed by missing a chip on Andre Carter last year against the Pats. He also had to be separated from the Jets running backs coach last year after a shouting match on the sideline (due to a false start penalty). Schotty himself looked like he was going to murder Mulligan after negating a 41 yard Shonn Greene run against the Bills last year with a holding penalty.

Just because you aren't a fan doesn't mean we have "irrational love" and "fascination" for the kid. All of us who like him know he won't be anything more than depth. If you went to practice, I'm sure you saw how often Bradford targeted him. He isn't anything more than a #3 tight end, but why not have a decent receiving option who has shown 'chemistry' with Bradford. You said it yourself, and I agree, Illini Mike and Kendricks are both solid blockers. Add in the fact that Mughelli has improved every game and we have additional blocking support.

My only concern with that plan would be relying on Hoomanawanuii to stay healthy all year (which won't happen).

Mulligan will probably make the team because he can play special teams and has the Schotty connection, but I don't think its a good decision.
Your questioning how I know something that is measurable, yet in the same post are claiming to know that Hoomanawanui wont stay healthy, something you cant predict in the least way? Gotta love hypocritical

And I know about the things that McNeill had done wrong because I have personally talked to him. I know the kid, and we have talked about those things.

I never said Mulligan is any better, but Schotty trusts him. I would rather cut him but that is very unlikely to happen.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
Brockers has a high ankle sprain. How has he played so far? I haven't had a chance to watch any of his games.
He has been a standout in every preseason game. He and Langford have dominated the middle of the line.

He was putting an awful lot of pressure on it to be a bad high ankle sprain. Im really hoping that this is more of a precautionary diagnosis, and that he has a quick recovery. Watching the play it wasnt your classic roll-up, so keep your fingers crossed.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks man.. Really Sucks.. Lunatic, I have messed my ankles playing ball. I had a high ankle sprain a few months ago. You can walk on it and everything.. But It's just flamed up and super swollen. It can take up to 2-3 months if it isn't cured correctly.

Best case scenario is a month.. Sam had the same injury last year.

Btw, I was right lol. DR. RAMSTER! Laughing

Im a pro on ankles.

mozwanted wrote:
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Sucks man.. Really Sucks.. Lunatic, I have messed my ankles playing ball. I had a high ankle sprain a few months ago. You can walk on it and everything.. But It's just flamed up and super swollen. It can take up to 2-3 months if it isn't cured correctly.

Best case scenario is a month.. Sam had the same injury last year.

Btw, I was right lol. DR. RAMSTER! Laughing

Im a pro on ankles.
Oh im well aware of ankles, Ive had problems my whole life. Which is what led me to saying that it didnt look like your normal High ankle sprain, nor did it seems as bad as it should have with him coming off the field.

Hes obviously going to miss some time, but Im not convinced that its a Month that hes out. He is much more muscular than Sam, who only sat out 2 weeks last year. I dont think its unreasonable to think Week 3 in Chicago that he could be ready to go.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that sucks about ankle sprains is if you do it once its Sooo easy to do again. I remember one year during baseball I did it like 4 Times in one season.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
The thing that sucks about ankle sprains is if you do it once its Sooo easy to do again. I remember one year during baseball I did it like 4 Times in one season.

Yeah but the healing process is so much faster.. Your ankles are also so much looser.. A normal sprain now seems like a strecth for me Laughing

mozwanted wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: