Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Signing Chris Cooley
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4484
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
i would have rather brought shockey back then sign cooley


Why? Cooley is much better now than Shockey is. Cooley is a well loved player in the locker room and a great team leader. Shockey on the other hand is not. They both are somewhat injury prone but I'd much prefer Cooley to Shockey. They'd probably cost the same anyways.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24842
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
i would have rather brought shockey back then sign cooley


Why? Cooley is much better now than Shockey is. Cooley is a well loved player in the locker room and a great team leader. Shockey on the other hand is not. They both are somewhat injury prone but I'd much prefer Cooley to Shockey. They'd probably cost the same anyways.


I prefer Greg Olsen. This is a useless discussion.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32372
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
i would have rather brought shockey back then sign cooley


Why? Cooley is much better now than Shockey is. Cooley is a well loved player in the locker room and a great team leader. Shockey on the other hand is not. They both are somewhat injury prone but I'd much prefer Cooley to Shockey. They'd probably cost the same anyways.


I prefer Greg Olsen. This is a useless discussion.


Thats not really relevant. I'm sure we'd all greatly prefer Olsen to any free agent TE. Really the question is Tolbert v Cooley.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24842
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
i would have rather brought shockey back then sign cooley


Why? Cooley is much better now than Shockey is. Cooley is a well loved player in the locker room and a great team leader. Shockey on the other hand is not. They both are somewhat injury prone but I'd much prefer Cooley to Shockey. They'd probably cost the same anyways.


I prefer Greg Olsen. This is a useless discussion.


Thats not really relevant. I'm sure we'd all greatly prefer Olsen to any free agent TE. Really the question is Tolbert v Cooley.


Yeah, but they aren't gonna sign a TE. It's Tolbert, or Barnidge.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjkilla


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 5364
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point in their careers barnidge is probably better than cooley...and even if he's not it's close. i honestly believe that if we didn't have olsen, gary could put up around the same production. the one thing i noticed about olsen is he absolutely cannot break tackles
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group